Author Topic: Who's goin in the Tahoe side for MCR4?  (Read 2410 times)

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
Who's goin in the Tahoe side for MCR4?
« on: Sep 04, 2005, 08:26:51 PM »
Ok, I's just curious who's goin in the Tahoe side and when they're goin in.  I can't get my rig through big sluice so I'm figurin if I go in thru the Tahoe side I can make it to camp ... Just curious who's goin in and when so maybe I can tag along  :angel:
« Last Edit: Sep 05, 2005, 07:59:59 AM by FordFreakChik »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

Marketing

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -30
  • Male Posts: 1,639
  • Member since Aug '03
    • View Profile
Re: Who's goin in the Tahoe side for MCR4?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 05, 2005, 04:50:09 PM »
The big sluice is not that much of a challange right now. The Jamboree's have filled in the worst parts.

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #2 on: Sep 05, 2005, 06:31:11 PM »
The big sluice is not that much of a challange right now. The Jamboree's have filled in the worst parts.

Well, I'm a Con wheelin virgin..... and I've been told that for my unlocked fullsize it wouldn't be wise to take it in there :dunno:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Turtle Points: 2158
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
« Reply #3 on: Sep 05, 2005, 06:53:23 PM »
You would have more trouble past Buck Island just before the big sluice if anything. Seriously, when we went on the Jeepers Jamboree, they actually ASKED a rig in our group (Toyota) if they could borrow his winch cable to move a boulder out of the trail right at the corner of the big sluice.

HELLO? That's why it's a hard trail! GEEZE! When I went through there, it was like the parking lot at our shop. Very disappointed. But you figure that there are hundreds of 100% bone stock jeeps there, many of whom have never ever wheeled before.

Even on the paper work that they gave us, it had instructions on how to "properly use four wheel drive over obstacles"
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #4 on: Sep 05, 2005, 07:00:03 PM »
You would have more trouble past Buck Island just before the big sluice if anything. Seriously, when we went on the Jeepers Jamboree, they actually ASKED a rig in our group (Toyota) if they could borrow his winch cable to move a boulder out of the trail right at the corner of the big sluice.

HELLO? That's why it's a hard trail! GEEZE! When I went through there, it was like the parking lot at our shop. Very disappointed. But you figure that there are hundreds of 100% bone stock jeeps there, many of whom have never ever wheeled before.

Even on the paper work that they gave us, it had instructions on how to "properly use four wheel drive over obstacles"

*ponder ponder* So, if I find someone to weld my rear ( :rofl: ) then I may go in the Loon side, but like I said, I'm not real experienced in actually wheelin, usually I'm fixin :lipsrsealed:

But I'm still curious who's goin in when thru Tahoe ???

84rocktoy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 61
  • Male Posts: 242
  • Member since Oct '03
  • highlakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sep 06, 2005, 09:08:16 AM »
With as many rig's going in from hwy 50 side I'm probably going to go in from the Tahoe side. I don't feel I will make it to the springs even if I pass the gate keeper friday morning.
So I'm thinking my odds are better going into the Tahoe side down Caddilac Hill and into the springs by at least noon on Friday.
I will be leaving from Chico CA.
BECAUSE I CAN

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #6 on: Sep 06, 2005, 10:06:33 AM »
With as many rig's going in from hwy 50 side I'm probably going to go in from the Tahoe side. I don't feel I will make it to the springs even if I pass the gate keeper friday morning.
So I'm thinking my odds are better going into the Tahoe side down Caddilac Hill and into the springs by at least noon on Friday.
I will be leaving from Chico CA.

Awsome I'll have to keep you in mind.... I keep runnin into problems with my axle swappage... IF I dont' get the rear welded I"m gonna have to go in that side :thumbs: