Author Topic: Just another gas price update.....holy sh...!!!!!  (Read 3582 times)

MiniSimp

• Outdoor Enthusiast
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 5,120
  • Member since Jan '05
  • SimpsonBrothers.net
    • View Profile
    • Simpson Brothers Photography
Just another gas price update.....holy sh...!!!!!
« on: Sep 01, 2005, 08:38:05 AM »

Gasoline customers check prices and leave at a BP station in Stockbridge, Ga., Wednesday, Aug. 31, 2005. Gasoline price soared Wednesday toward $3 a gallon in many parts of the country, surpassing that level in some places, such as this station, as key refineries and pipelines remained crippled by Hurricane Katrina, crimping supplies and leading to caps on the amount of fuel delivered to retailers. (AP Photo/Gene Blythe)

Geno

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -82
  • Male Posts: 546
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Pretty crazy, I think I will be riding my bicycle to work.
OFRD_GRL – as much as i appreciate strip clubs, i could never date a chic. they are all flopin crazy.

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
 :biked:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
I have about a 80 mile round trip for work, if they reach the prices in GA. I'll be camping out at work. :shudder:
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
some facts from snopes:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/katrina.asp

I don't know where the picture came from MiniS, maybe some gouging going on, but according to http://www.gaspricewatch.com/new/default.asp the highest reported price was $4.50 in Chamblee, GA
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
I take that back, that picture was for real. There was price gouging going on. "Altanta "went from 2.59 to 2.99 to 3.09 to 3.29 to 6.00" in one day. Late Wednesday, Governor Sonny Perdue declared a state of emergency in order to implement the state's anti-price gouging law. "
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

Yota_Gotta_Krawl

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 93
  • Male Posts: 172
  • Member since Jun '05
  • SAS 96 Geo Tracker/ 240sx Nissan ( Turbo)
    • View Profile
http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/CNBCTV/Articles/Dispatches/P128021.asp ......no comment anymore, dont know what to bealive
I like my cars low and fast and my trucks tall and slllloooowwwww

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
gas prices were $2.79 - 2.99 and there were no big liines or shortages around here. Diesel was at $2.69 at the one station I saw.

Where is the Mammoth?

KWP

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 878
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Ghost Hunter
    • View Profile
    • East Central Oklahoma Paranormal Society
 Damn I just got back from filling up my truck, it was $2.97 a gallon for 87. This :pokinit: has got to stop! :maddest:
88 Toyota truck ( Under Construction ) Dana 60's front and rear 5.38's, welded diffs, 3inch Downey rears up front,one link rear with aerostar coils rolling on 39.5x16.50/17 Pittbull Rockers and 17x9 Pro Comp extreme alloys.http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=40816.0

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
It won't last, we're in an emergancy situation. Things will change.

Where is the Mammoth?

KWP

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 878
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Ghost Hunter
    • View Profile
    • East Central Oklahoma Paranormal Society
God I hope so. I can't take much more of this.
88 Toyota truck ( Under Construction ) Dana 60's front and rear 5.38's, welded diffs, 3inch Downey rears up front,one link rear with aerostar coils rolling on 39.5x16.50/17 Pittbull Rockers and 17x9 Pro Comp extreme alloys.http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=40816.0

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
no one can, they know that.

Where is the Mammoth?

MiniSimp [OP]

• Outdoor Enthusiast
  • Male Posts: 5,120
  • Member since Jan '05
  • SimpsonBrothers.net
    • View Profile
    • Simpson Brothers Photography
Our gas was close to $3.00 a gallon before the hurricane, it won't change much out here.

mr4x42u

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 700
  • Member since Sep '02
  • LOCKED AND LOADED
    • View Profile
This thread must DIE :yikes:

Forgiveness is between them and god..
Its my job to arrange the meeting!

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Turtle Points: 2158
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
The above two avatars are excellent. :gap:
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
I went to my clubs meeting Thurs. night, when I got off the freeway there was an Arco selling gas for $2.84.9, by the time I finished filling up my car the price jumped .05. The funny thing was when the guy went out to change the sign all eyes were on him, everyone in the station stopped and just watched him change it.

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Passed up one station cause it went from $2.86 two days ago to $3.04 today and had a line, next station was $3.08 and no line, figured why drive back just to save 4 cents a gallon on less than 7 gallons, and why wait in line.  They say what's causing fuel shortages right now is people panicing cause they know prices are goin up, so they fill up everything they have.
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Tice

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 881
  • Member since Feb '05
  • I named my son Wheeler!!!!
    • View Profile
It sucks!!! But what I don't understand, and maybe someone here can explain, is how a gas station can raise prices on fuel they all ready have in their tanks?  Like if a store gets their gas on tues and the price is 2.49 how can the price go up the next day when they just got the fuel the previous day????? Thats assuming they pay for the gas when it's delivered. I just don't get it.!!! :dunno:
I don't need a winch, I wheel a TOYOTA!!!!!!!

www.wheelingarizona.com

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
It can be a few different reasons, anticipation of higher dealer cost on incoming loads, supply and demand, people flooding the pumps........or........they're not supposed to price gouge like the stations that went from $3 to $6 in one day, and there are talks of stations being charged $5,000 for each violation, and talks of making each gallon a violation since they're priced by each gallon.  If I saw a local station that I frequent gouging I'd be inclined to take my future business elsewhere from then on.
RIP KYOTA

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
From what I understand it's not just the local station they're looking at, they are giving the manufacturer's the evil eye, the thinking is they are manipulating the market like Enron did.

Hyena

• I'm Legit!!!
  • Turtle Points: 2401
  • Male Posts: 6,715
  • Member since Feb '04
  • AKA Baja Brad
    • View Profile
Today it was $3.25 in Cool, California.  But i got gas in Rocklin for $2.95 today on my way home.

Tice

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 881
  • Member since Feb '05
  • I named my son Wheeler!!!!
    • View Profile
It can be a few different reasons, anticipation of higher dealer cost on incoming loads, supply and demand, people flooding the pumps........or........they're not supposed to price gouge like the stations that went from $3 to $6 in one day, and there are talks of stations being charged $5,000 for each violation, and talks of making each gallon a violation since they're priced by each gallon. If I saw a local station that I frequent gouging I'd be inclined to take my future business elsewhere from then on.

It still sucks. My mom works for a station and she called to tell me that their prices were going up 20 cents because they were the lowest around . I asked when they get their next truck, she said tommorow, I asked how they (the owner) could raise the price and she said they  are not suppose to. I tried to find out who I call to report this but nobody seemed to know!!! :shakehead:
I don't need a winch, I wheel a TOYOTA!!!!!!!

www.wheelingarizona.com

rebel racer

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 16
  • Male Posts: 66
  • Member since Apr '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
I think i will start ridding my horse to work    :bud:
85 x-cab -16" 36"iroks, spooled f&r, 5.29's, three shifters,oba and some other crap

Life . . . should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a attractive and well preserved body --- but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, beer in the other in the other,body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming, "WOW - What a ride!"