Author Topic: Ya everybody I finnally got something to wheel but its not a toyota!  (Read 8756 times)

rEdnECkwHeE1eR

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -68
  • Male Posts: 1,430
  • Member since Jun '02
  • Still tipin'
    • View Profile
yea i dont like resplined axles either but it is a sammy,  really light

I have heard of people breaking them and I am not partiularly easy on things  :gap:  I dont wanna have any thing under it thats iffy, I wanna be able to thrash If I want to and not worry :smack:
Liquor up front
Poker in the rear

wheelinyotagirl

• Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 200
  • Female Posts: 274
  • Member since Jan '05
  • I'm awesome
    • View Profile
    • myspace
I've seen him in action...he ain't kiddin
He's a  :screwy:  :driving: but its fun :clap:
Go to www.friendsofthehighlakes.com and show your support, help reverse trail closures!

Suprarunner

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 16
  • Male Posts: 215
  • Member since Jul '04
  • www.Trailwerx.com
    • View Profile
Hey if you can't have a Yota, convert!

My Zuk with Yoyo axles, currently under the knife getting 22RE'd  :eyebrow:

over_rev

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 230
  • Male Posts: 370
  • Member since Feb '03
  • No Assistance Needed
    • View Profile
wats up redneck!

Atleast you broke it in properly! :beer:  was thinking on heading up there the 29 too 1st.
Pak It In Pack It Out!!

rEdnECkwHeE1eR [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Jun '02
  • Still tipin'
    • View Profile
Hey if you can't have a Yota, convert!

My Zuk with Yoyo axles, currently under the knife getting 22RE'd  :eyebrow:

I like toyotas but I would never put a 22R/RE in it they are heavy and dont make much power
Im going to use a 16V 1.3 swift motor that is bolt in except you have to clearance the fire wall for the dist and wire it  :yesnod: Plus the internals are way strong they use forged rods and crank stock  :king:  I thing they can push like 250HP turboed pretty easily Heres a link to about a samurai with some 16V 1.6
that has weaker rods (I.E. less power potential) that has 220HP AT THE WHEELS :bling:

Damn tony with we could go with you me and nate are putting 60s and 42s under our friends Scout then nates redoing his axle and putting in a klune V and then Im putting in my axles or maybe I do my axles while hes foing his stuff  :dunno:
Liquor up front
Poker in the rear

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
hey red my first rig was a sammy,  we didnt have rocks but we blasted down fireroads and atv trails with 6-9 people in and on the little sammy,  jumped a ditch and trweeked the rear housing a little but i was doing 50 with 8 people, the 2 guys sitting on the rollbar with there feet on the windshield went flying,  one in a tree the other landed in a creek,  oh the good ole days
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

wheelinyotagirl

• Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Jan '05
  • I'm awesome
    • View Profile
    • myspace
hey red my first rig was a sammy, we didnt have rocks but we blasted down fireroads and atv trails with 6-9 people in and on the little sammy, jumped a ditch and trweeked the rear housing a little but i was doing 50 with 8 people, the 2 guys sitting on the rollbar with there feet on the windshield went flying, one in a tree the other landed in a creek, oh the good ole days
Sounds like when we used to take it out on the railbed while it was still stock and mash it around.  Jumpin it, trying to crawl up lil rocks and whatnot and going through that nasty @$$ mud with the top off.  Was fun but its way sic'r now.  I can't wait to see it crawl the rock garden or go in and out of Morris.
Go to www.friendsofthehighlakes.com and show your support, help reverse trail closures!

over_rev

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 230
  • Male Posts: 370
  • Member since Feb '03
  • No Assistance Needed
    • View Profile
looks like Fordyce next weekend :yumyum: .
Pak It In Pack It Out!!

toyoder

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 211
  • Male Posts: 704
  • Member since May '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
hey thanks for the hood! pics of it on my junk
zuk tube buggy
22re powered

rEdnECkwHeE1eR [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Jun '02
  • Still tipin'
    • View Profile
sorry no updates yet, but my friend came back from the military for a weekend so I patched it back together and jit the high lakes I had allot of fun, for those of you that know the high lakes< I did morris lake trail 2x's :yesnod:  :king: with no real problems, The only carnage for the day was a pretty big dent in the rocker( im cutting them off and replacing with sliders so I dont care) and some funkys "S"ed TOYOTA rear springs, I thought they would be to stiff but they are a little to soft for my little sami  :dunno:
Liquor up front
Poker in the rear

rEdnECkwHeE1eR [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Jun '02
  • Still tipin'
    • View Profile
heres the most resent pic I have of it thats my friend standing under there he is like 5'8" both my pass front and driver rear tires were off the ground and my pass rear spring was so "s"ed my U joint was almost binding with that side at full stuff (IE not much angle at the tcase)  :smack:
Of and sorry about the size and quality I took the pic with my cell phone
« Last Edit: Aug 04, 2005, 05:24:42 PM by rEdnECkwHeE1eR »
Liquor up front
Poker in the rear

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
all i see is a red X
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

rEdnECkwHeE1eR [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Jun '02
  • Still tipin'
    • View Profile
 :dunno:
Liquor up front
Poker in the rear

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
:yikes:  holy tree climber batman :eyecrazy:

you do realize the sammy is a 2/3 scale of a fj40

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
dont believe me,  look at the drive train, other than being smaller  its identical

and the hood

i miss my little sammy :rivers:

wheelinyotagirl

• Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Jan '05
  • I'm awesome
    • View Profile
    • myspace
 :laugh: Hahahaha I just noticed you left the windshield frame off.  It looks like it has bent over antennas :rofl2: Whose that hot guy standing under it :eyebrow: ha just kidding.

crawlerdan

• Turtle Points: 1319
  • Male Posts: 4,770
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
it looks like the sammy drivers drive like i do, blindfolded!! :driving:  :driving:

rEdnECkwHeE1eR [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Jun '02
  • Still tipin'
    • View Profile
I took a break from that ****ing scout and did this  :bling: sorry for the crappy pic :gap:
Liquor up front
Poker in the rear

rEdnECkwHeE1eR [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Jun '02
  • Still tipin'
    • View Profile
Got this in the mail yesterday :bling:

Samurai to toyota driveshaft adapters(to run toyota drivshafts) and a toyota ifs steering box and res w/ custom pitman arm to work on samurais :biggthumpup:
sorry for the crappy pic :stopit:
Liquor up front
Poker in the rear

rEdnECkwHeE1eR [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Jun '02
  • Still tipin'
    • View Profile
Well I got it all done, except for the Steering box, And it's pretty sick, It steers WAY better with the high steer I cant wait till I get the toy PS box on there :bling: Ill try to get NONwheelinhondagirl to snap a couple pics of it If not ill at least take one on my phone and post it
Liquor up front
Poker in the rear

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile

wheelinyotagirl

• Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Jan '05
  • I'm awesome
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Some pictures of the toyota axle swap progress.... :thumbs:

wheelinyotagirl

• Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Jan '05
  • I'm awesome
    • View Profile
    • myspace
 :moon: more...

wheelinyotagirl

• Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Jan '05
  • I'm awesome
    • View Profile
    • myspace
and pix of Nate and me "lathing" :rofl2: (that was for you Jeff)  the tierod and drag link
« Last Edit: Oct 24, 2005, 10:21:36 PM by wheelinyotagirl »