Author Topic: Here goes nothin'......  (Read 462 times)

cnc5150

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: -6
  • Male Posts: 4
  • Member since Apr '18
  • Saving the Universe
    • View Profile
Here goes nothin'......
« on: May 06, 2018, 08:00:50 AM »
Hi all, I thought that for my introduction that it would be best if I just told you what brought me here. A good friend of mine had an '86 Toyota 4x that he was really attached to. This friend is not exactly very, shall we say "mechanically inclined". He is however very good at "delegating authority" (coning his friends into doing things for him) so I had worked on this truck many times, and in the process had grown quite fond of it myself. It was literally in better shape than most late model trucks on the road. In the last year and a half we had gone through the suspension, I re-keyed all of his locks so that he didn't have to carry three different keys around with him, new exhaust, new tires, added a module to properly run his trailer lights, completely rebuilt the doors with new bushings , window actuators and panels and weather striping and it was about 500mi into a freshly built motor. I was as proud of it as he was. And then (on the same week that he found out that he would be losing his job) some low-life piece of you know what - stole it!  So  now i'm trying to resurrect an '84 for him that was apparently last owned and serviced by a family of baboons with only a hammer and chisel for tools. Or maybe just a big sharp rock I'm not really sure. The point is - I'm just here hoping exchange a little technical info with someone who has opened this same can of worms before. And I will more than happy to help anyone else with what i can. Thanks!
"If you ever take a flight in an airplane, make sure to take a pair of jumper cables with you...,  because them things WILL catch on something before you hit the ground."
 -Uncle Jim