Author Topic: Hand cleaner trick!!  (Read 2447 times)

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
Hand cleaner trick!!
« on: Jan 30, 2017, 08:57:53 AM »
So, with me busy with a headgasket, and I never wear gloves of any sort.  I have been making a huge mess in the bathroom sink, making the wife  :tantrum: 

So, I found an empty Softsoap Foaming soap dispenser the wife had under the sink.   :think:   So, I put my liquid hand soap in it.  And it works!  And less of a mess from the gels or continuously having to pour more degreaser on your hands to get them clean.  And for an added kick I put some Dial dish soap in it too.  And now your jug of Purple Power, Orange Magic, Simple Green or ??? you like to use, will last longer.    :thumbs:
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 3744
  • Male Posts: 623
  • Member since Jun '15
  • GREEN NAME MAN BAD!
    • View Profile
    • Please ban me!
          OK!
      I am banned!
Re: Hand cleaner trick!!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 30, 2017, 09:01:09 AM »
or just use a lil dawn dish soap. that's what they used to clean the animals after the exxon valdez spill and I think it works way better than gojo or any of that stuff.
:)bestgen4runner [12:45 PM]:   I am so stupid.

Truer words have never been spoken...

ryantowry_81

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 185
  • Male Posts: 474
  • Member since Dec '12
  • Chief Mischief Officer at High Octane Spirits LLC
    • View Profile
    • High Octane Spirits
    • Buy me a drink
« Reply #2 on: Jan 30, 2017, 12:02:41 PM »
another note, my dad was a diesel mechanic for his entire professional life and he taught me a trick to use some hand lotion before ever going to work on a vehicle. by moisturizing your hands before getting them greasy they do not absorb anywhere as much of the grease and oils and come clean much easier after you are done. I know lotion is not manly but it sure works.

OVRAROK

• Online Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 26782
  • Male Posts: 3,512
  • Member since Dec '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jan 30, 2017, 01:58:05 PM »
Back in the day, I was maintaining 3 tractors, 2 transfers, and 4 puddle jumpers ( intl 4700), all which where diesels. I used a product called invisible glove. Worked great
Even the most primitive society, has an intimate respect for the insane.

redneckcustoms13

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 7674
  • Male Posts: 2,513
  • Member since May '15
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #4 on: Jan 30, 2017, 05:31:35 PM »
Best cheap soap on earth. Cost $1 a bar at dollar tree. Old school lava soap.
83 long bed 2wd sas, 3rz, w56, duals with 4.7 rear, 4.88 elock front, spartan rear, 39.5 iroks
01 double cab hunting truck
06 tacoma street truck

79chevy39.5s

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 197
  • Member since Dec '16
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jan 30, 2017, 08:25:43 PM »
I have goop buy it at Walmart at home, gojo premium  its in a silver jug at work. Both do very well. I'm a mechanic for a living and do more work at home than most. And I'm the kind of guy that can get dirtier than anyone else doin the same job

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1088
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Feb 02, 2017, 08:15:56 PM »
Back in the day, I was maintaining 3 tractors, 2 transfers, and 4 puddle jumpers ( intl 4700), all which where diesels. I used a product called invisible glove. Worked great

Go into an auto parts store and ask them if they have this.  The looks they give you are hilarious, especially when they say there's never been anything made like that.  I explained to the guys behind the counter what it did and they said "that sounds like a great idea!"  :shake:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Gnarly4X

• Turtle Points: 5134
  • Male Posts: 4,239
  • Member since Jun '16
  • 4-wheeling vicariously.
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #7 on: Feb 05, 2017, 02:29:56 AM »
After over 40 plus years of working in the garage on my vehicles, I have tried lots of “hand cleaner”… the commercial can with the pasty stuff, Fast Orange (when my garage is 100 degrees F it just liquefied), liquid soap, Lava bars, paint thinner, MEK, carb cleaner, brake cleaner..etc..  I never used gloves until I turned 50 years.  My old tough calloused hands got thinner skin and I’d be breaking blood vessels and thrashing them until they looked like bloody chopped liver.  I could never get them clean, even with a brush scrubber.

When I started this rebuild I bought several boxes of Harbor Freight Nitrile 5 mil and 7 mil gloves and used several boxes of them already.

I very seldom work on truck without nitrile gloves now.

In the garage, to clean my hands – BEFORE going into the house - I use Walmart’s cheapest spray cleaner – Greased Lightning - and old t-shirts.  I have carried a tube of Walmart’s cheapest hand lotion in my trucks for years, and used it in the sand dunes for 8 years during my sandrailing days.  It works great for cleaning grease or gas off your hands, or while on the trail and you don’t have any way easy way to clean your hands when they get greasy, sticky, dirty, or just after a potty stop.  It helps them from dying and cracking.

If you want to use the very strongest off the shelf soap, it is dishwasher gel soap – like Cascade. Try it next time you clean your glass coffee decanter.

Gnarls.
1986 XtraCab SR5 22RE 5speed W56B, ~16,000 MI after break-in, DIM (Did It Myself) rebuilt engine - .020" over, engnbldr RV head, OS valves, 261C cam, DT Header. https://imgur.com/oACTHTR

God Bless Our Troops... Especially Our Snipers. The 2nd defends the 1st
MEMBER: WWP, T2T, VFW, NRA, GOA, SAF, Mammoth Nation, C2 Tactical, Hillsdale College, Humane Society of the U.S. - "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used to create them." ~ Albert Einstein