Author Topic: Custom Switch Panels Upon Request!  (Read 1897 times)

OTO Phil

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 1018
  • Male Posts: 682
  • Member since Jan '16
  • Owner of Offroad Toy Outfitters
    • View Profile
    • Offroad Toy Outfitters
    • Buy me a soda
Custom Switch Panels Upon Request!
« on: Nov 15, 2016, 02:09:56 AM »
Please let me know if this is in the wrong spot before you delete it. I'd be happy to move it, or for the thread to be moved  :bowdown:
Alright guys, I'm about to start building my switch panel, but thought the whole community deserves to have some sweet CNC cut switch panels!

I'm going to start doing switch panel CNC files in AutoCAD upon request. It may take some time to get to yours, but if you'd like to buy me a $5 drink, that will speed up the process.  :shocking:

Here's a picture of the panel design that I'll be using in my build:

This panel is 8" wide, and almost 3" tall. It will hold 7 Carling rocker switches.

I'm not going to color code any of these files, unless the design gets really complicated. Here's some basic rules to follow:

• I make no guarantees that these switch panels will work for your specific application! Due diligence failure is your own fault!!
  • It's YOUR job to give me the right dimensions THE FIRST TIME! Small changes to a finished drawing will not take precedence over the next in line drawing request.
  • I make the switch hole size .03" wider than the switch. For round switches, this means if the specifications state that the switch needs a .75" hole, my drawing will have a .78" dimension there.
    This is because when the laser (or should you be forced to use a plasma) CNC cutting machine isn't perfect. I learned this the hard way..
  • If you have a file cut, and mount switches to it, quote the original post, and post a picture up of how it came out so others looking into this thread can see the results.
  • There may be some crazy ideas that I'm willing to draft up your huge gauge cluster panel for you. Sure.. But like I said above, a drink sure would motivate me to get right on it  :biggthumpup:

Anyway, lemme know what you guys think. If this is a bad/good idea etc...

Click here for the Google Docs Shared .dwg file of the switch panel pictured above for your viewing pleasure  :suprised:

Edit: I'm planning on having this panel CNC cut by next week, so you might wanna hold off until I get it cut and mount my switches on it   :think:
Offroad Toy Outfitters - The best place to find an experienced-based Toyota shop in the PNW and get hands-on with your next project!
2008 4runner V6: Manual transfer case swapped, 4.88s, rear ARB, custom fabricated bumpers, sliders and more!

1993 Standard cab chassis. 1989 Extended Cab. 22R-E BO .020, ENGNBLDR 261c cam, Doug Thorley Tri-Y header, Straight Pipe through a Flowmaster 40, ARB Rear Locker, York OBA with fabricated bracket.
Projects waiting in my shop: '83 Front Axle, TG Sliders, second tcase, XD 4.70 gears!

v6toy4x

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Mar '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: Custom Switch Panels Upon Request!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 23, 2017, 10:35:55 PM »
subscribed so I can find this later when I need it

John Doe

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 469
  • Male Posts: 1,587
  • Member since Jun '05
    • View Profile
    • Bored In Iraq.
« Reply #2 on: Feb 27, 2017, 10:04:36 PM »
Was the above edit just recently made?
My 85 4Runner build http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=46841.0

peacesells: "Its kinda fun tryin to avoid body damage, just like playing operation with different sound effects"

OTO Phil [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 1018
  • Male Posts: 682
  • Member since Jan '16
  • Owner of Offroad Toy Outfitters
    • View Profile
    • Offroad Toy Outfitters
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #3 on: Feb 27, 2017, 10:58:08 PM »
Was the above edit just recently made?
Sadly no. Shortly after making that edit, I won a switch-pro 8100 in a giveaway so having a panel laser cut for myself was kind of useless..

I'll still draft some up for you if you're interested 👍

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Offroad Toy Outfitters - The best place to find an experienced-based Toyota shop in the PNW and get hands-on with your next project!
2008 4runner V6: Manual transfer case swapped, 4.88s, rear ARB, custom fabricated bumpers, sliders and more!

1993 Standard cab chassis. 1989 Extended Cab. 22R-E BO .020, ENGNBLDR 261c cam, Doug Thorley Tri-Y header, Straight Pipe through a Flowmaster 40, ARB Rear Locker, York OBA with fabricated bracket.
Projects waiting in my shop: '83 Front Axle, TG Sliders, second tcase, XD 4.70 gears!