Author Topic: What's the BEST, most cost effective suspension and tire setup???  (Read 9395 times)

kyle_22r

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 530
  • Male Posts: 1,233
  • Member since Dec '03
  • yellow beast
    • View Profile
suspension is overrated, lock that sucker up and go anywhere :gap:

i'm planning on just putting 3" springs in the front(current stockers are negatively arched and i've got about 2" of uptravel before they smash the bumpstops) mainly just because i need new springs and stockers are more expensive than lift springs, then maybe a 1" block in the rear with 3" longer shackles(leveling it out, stock truck rides about a half inch higher in the rear, so 3" shackle + 1" block = 2.5" of lift).

if i ever wheel my truck harder than i do now i'll consider crossover steering, but everywhere i've needed to go so far(not saying a whole lot) i've gotten with the torque rod and swaybar still on, so push pull ain't doing me so bad yet.  i just want to find out where i can get a 3" drop drag link(all the ones i've seen for sale are 4", superlift sells a 3" but nobody stocks it so i'll have to call them and find out where to get one)

yotaboy79

• stuck in the shop
  • Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: -19
  • Male Posts: 2,838
  • Member since Aug '03
    • View Profile
suspension is overrated, lock that sucker up and go anywhere :gap:

i'm planning on just putting 3" springs in the front(current stockers are negatively arched and i've got about 2" of uptravel before they smash the bumpstops) mainly just because i need new springs and stockers are more expensive than lift springs, then maybe a 1" block in the rear with 3" longer shackles(leveling it out, stock truck rides about a half inch higher in the rear, so 3" shackle + 1" block = 2.5" of lift).

if i ever wheel my truck harder than i do now i'll consider crossover steering, but everywhere i've needed to go so far(not saying a whole lot) i've gotten with the torque rod and swaybar still on, so push pull ain't doing me so bad yet. i just want to find out where i can get a 3" drop drag link(all the ones i've seen for sale are 4", superlift sells a 3" but nobody stocks it so i'll have to call them and find out where to get one)

good point a truck locked up front and rear with stock suspention can easily get farther than a truck with alot of suspention work and open diffs
(if the driver knows what hes doing)

Hyena

• I'm Legit!!!
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2401
  • Male Posts: 6,715
  • Member since Feb '04
  • AKA Baja Brad
    • View Profile
Thats not always true.  I saw a toyota open front and rear with 35's do better then my toy with a detriot rear and 35's, but it was in the snow.  It also had the All-pro extreme suspension on it. The flexier the suspenstion, the less likely it is to tip over on a side hill.

bruiz05 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -59
  • Male Posts: 177
  • Member since Mar '05
  • Make it or Break it!
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Sounds like you all have some good ideas.  But what I am tring to accomlish is a little more complicated than just making it work.  I want One suspension from one vendor, marlins bumpers and sliders, Toyota lockers, 5.29's, birf eliminators, high angle drive lines, ect.. I had a longers list but my computer messed up and deleted it all and i don t feel like typing it all out agian.  Here are some pictures of my CLEAN non buchered 84' Mini, hope yall like it.
1984 toy, e-lockers f/r, 5.29 yukon gears, 30 spline longs, custom 5" suspension, 37-14.00x17 bias Iroks,17x9 spyder locks, marlin bumper and sliders, T-Max 10,000lb winch, mc07-r10 dual cases w/4.7's in the rear, flat bed, GOT PROPANE, six states .250 wall drive lines and custom 2 1/4" exaust