Author Topic: RF1A BEARINGS?  (Read 5564 times)

sakuraba2

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since May '12
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
RF1A BEARINGS?
« on: Jan 15, 2014, 12:02:58 PM »
HEY EVERYBODY! I'm a super noob so please don't come unglued on me forum style if I should have looked elsewhere for the info! I am building an all Marlin Crawler triple case setup with total spline (23 spline) input shafts. People at toyota aren't giving me reliable info I dont feel, so my questions are:

1) will the oem input gear bearing from a toyota turbo 5 speed pickup work with my input shafts?(no I didn't ask the people at toyota this one!)

2) can you guys helping me find the manufacturer numbers for both the KOYO and NACHI input gear bearings, and  the manufacturer numbers for both KOYO and NACHI counter gear bearings?

3) which brand bearings are superior with regards to the previously stated bearings?

MARLIN, PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Goldrush

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 145
  • Male Posts: 1,381
  • Member since Jan '10
  • wheelin!!
    • View Profile
Re: RF1A BEARINGS?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2014, 01:32:34 PM »
1. Yes. Input bearing off the stock 5 speed transfer case from the turbo will swap with whatever input you put on it.

2. 6307 input roller bearing. It is on our website. And the countershaft roller bearing 63/32. That is also on our website.

3. Nachi/koyo bearings are superior and are very good quality and straight from japan.

Hope this all helps. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: Jan 15, 2014, 04:58:41 PM by Goldrush »
-Zack- aka uncle Zack!                GOT MARLIN?

sakuraba2 [OP]

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Member since May '12
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jan 15, 2014, 01:40:43 PM »
I believe the 6307 only fits the 21 splined shaft. I tried to slide it on one of my Marlin Crawler 23 spline total spline input gears, and the ID was too small. I'll try again tonight, and hopefully that works! I'll reply again tomorrow with my findings,thanks :thumbs:

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2159
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
« Reply #3 on: Jan 15, 2014, 05:26:15 PM »
Hello sakuraba2 and :welcome: to :turtle: land!! :wave:

Please don't worry about asking any question ya got! While we do have a good search engine here, this is a family friendly community with a lot of people who just wanna get out and enjoy the outdoors like yourself :thumbs: People helping people, it's a beautiful thing!

You might have the transfer case input bearing confused with the W56 input (and also mainshaft) bearing. Please take a look at our Transmission Input Bearing Identification Chart (located at center-right of that link). The W56-A/B and -C use the same 6307N bearing that the transfer case input gear uses. The R-series transmission (your Turbo is a R151F) came with a few different bearings depending on manufacture. I believe the most common one is the DG4092 KOYO bearing and you are correct that the ID here is larger at 40mm than compared to the 6307N which only has a 35mm ID.

Regarding the 6307N in use of the t/case input gear, it is the same for both 21-spline and 23-spline transfer cases. Same OD, ID, and width.

Regarding KOYO vs. Nachi, remember that Toyota owns KOYO and many bearings are custom tailored for them. We therefore believe that KOYO has an edge over Nachi in terms of quality and if it's of any indication, they cost more too. Having said this however, we hold both bearing brands on a very high Japanese-grade pedestal and fully trust either one in place of the other. I'll have to check if Marlin shares this same sentiment, but personally I rank them as KOYO > Nachi > NSK > Timken (good quality USA brand :usa:).

Looking forward to seeing ya around our forums :thumbs: Also, I have to ask, do you have something in common with cherry blossoms or is this your last name?

Regards,
BigMike
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

sakuraba2 [OP]

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Member since May '12
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jan 17, 2014, 07:02:23 AM »
Ok, here are my findings:

1) I dug through my box of t-case parts for my build and found one NACHI 6307N that I had labeled to go with my 30spline front output gear? Does the Marlin Crawler 30 spline front output gear use, and come with a NACHI 6307N?

2) found 3 bearings that measured out to be identical to the NACHI 6307N, 80mmx35mmx21mm,and came with the snap rings needed for the reduction case, but are labeled "Marlin Crawler 307MZZG". I looked through all my T-case stuff thoroughly and don't believe those to go with my T-case adapter kits, so I'm thinking that they are to replace the NACHI 6307N. Did you guys sell those as a replacement to the NACHI 6307N for a certain amount of time, because I had purchased 3 input gear bearings and 3 counter gear bearings in an order through you guys a while back? :dunno: If not what are those bearings for, what do they come with, and who is the manufacturer of those bearings? (not that I'm questioning their quality, they say Marlin Crawler on them;) )

I'm getting really close to be able to start my triple case build  :clap:

sakuraba2 [OP]

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Member since May '12
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jan 17, 2014, 01:20:30 PM »
Please let me know asap if you've read my last post and can clear things up for me once and for all. I'd love to start building my triple case setup this weekend :yesnod:

Goldrush

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Jan '10
  • wheelin!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jan 17, 2014, 02:19:18 PM »
1. Yes that bearing is for the input of the transfer case you are trying to build and as well as our 30 spline front output gear. We do sell the 6307n bearings still and also the 63/32 bearing for the countershaft gear. Hope this information helps.

sakuraba2 [OP]

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Member since May '12
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jan 17, 2014, 02:35:02 PM »
What about the second part of my last post?

"2) found 3 bearings that measured out to be identical to the NACHI 6307N, 80mmx35mmx21mm,and came with the snap rings needed for the reduction case, but are labeled "Marlin Crawler 307MZZG". I looked through all my T-case stuff thoroughly and don't believe those to go with my T-case adapter kits, so I'm thinking that they are to replace the NACHI 6307N. Did you guys sell those as a replacement to the NACHI 6307N for a certain amount of time, because I had purchased 3 input gear bearings and 3 counter gear bearings in an order through you guys a while back? :dunno: If not what are those bearings for, what do they come with, and who is the manufacturer of those bearings? (not that I'm questioning their quality, they say Marlin Crawler on them;) )"

you have any info on those for me ?

Goldrush

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Jan '10
  • wheelin!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jan 17, 2014, 07:31:54 PM »
Pictures would help for sure too. That way it would help us figure it out. Thanks

sakuraba2 [OP]

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Member since May '12
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Jan 18, 2014, 10:18:11 AM »
I think I got all that stuff figured out just fine finally! Now all I need to know is if the low speed gear roller cage bearing is the bearing to slide over the dual case coupler. I'm pretty sure it is but was just wanting to make sure that there isn't a different one that is supposed to be used on a dual case coupler.  :hammer:

Goldrush

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Jan '10
  • wheelin!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Jan 18, 2014, 11:34:23 AM »
Yes you are exactly right. The low speed cage bearing slides over the coupler.

sakuraba2 [OP]

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Member since May '12
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Jan 20, 2014, 09:34:50 AM »
Awesome, thanks you guys! I guess I shouldn't be surprised that you are STILL the best!! :smack:

There is just one more thing I'd like to ask. Can you guys sell me the two upgraded bearings that are in you're MC07XD, the Double Row Maximum Capacity Main Shaft Bearing, and the Oversized Heavy Duty Cage Bearing? :crossed: I would like one of each! As soon as you let me know, I can place my next order from you guys! :thumbs:
« Last Edit: Jan 20, 2014, 01:22:07 PM by sakuraba2 »

Goldrush

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Jan '10
  • wheelin!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Jan 20, 2014, 01:39:16 PM »
The double roller bearing is going to be the 5209/3209 bearing and the bottom bearing is the NSK45 countershaft bearing.

sakuraba2 [OP]

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Member since May '12
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Jan 20, 2014, 01:49:25 PM »
Ok, so can you guys sell them to me or am I going to have to hunt those down on my own? And are those the oem bearings or the udgraded ones that come in the MC07XD?
« Last Edit: Jan 20, 2014, 02:34:38 PM by sakuraba2 »

sakuraba2 [OP]

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Member since May '12
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Jan 20, 2014, 02:07:01 PM »
does this look right: NSK, 5209, Double Row Angular Contact Bearing, Open, 45mm Bore X 85mm Od X 30.2mm W(this is not supposed to have been a link, just some info on the bearing I found with the info givin by Zack)? :dunno:
« Last Edit: Jan 20, 2014, 03:00:06 PM by sakuraba2 »

sakuraba2 [OP]

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Member since May '12
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Jan 20, 2014, 02:32:13 PM »
I'm not finding anything useful goole searching "NSK 45" :confused:

Ritchie

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 539
  • Male Posts: 267
  • Member since May '13
  • Ritchie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Jan 20, 2014, 02:49:59 PM »
does this look right: NSK, 5209, Double Row Angular Contact Bearing, Open, 45mm Bore X 85mm Od X 30.2mm W? :dunno:

Your link did not come through.
Here is a source/ bearing link for you, found on TTORA:

https://www.mrosupply.com/product/1132940-5209CG-MRC

Hope this helps you.
'03 Step side Pre-runner, F/R 4WU 3 linked, F/R Diamond axles, F/R ARB's w/5.29's, F/R Fox 12" CO's, ShrockWorks front bumper, self made rear bumper, WARN M8000S w/ remote, 4.7 Inchworm Lefty, MC sliders that hold air & a bunch of other stuff.

sakuraba2 [OP]

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Member since May '12
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Jan 20, 2014, 03:25:51 PM »
The double roller bearing is going to be the 5209/3209 bearing and the bottom bearing is the NSK45 countershaft bearing.
I have been able to find the 5209/3209 but not the NSK45. Maybe there are some more key numbers to that bearing that could narrow my search greatly?