Author Topic: Stuff that doesn't suck, and some stuff that does. A multiple product review  (Read 1162 times)

Seeds

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 93
  • Member since Sep '11
    • View Profile
Don't know if there is a thread started like this here, but here we go.

"Stuff that doesn't suck" -designation for equipment taken on the trail for camping, tools, misc. That does not frequently display what we call a "Field Failure"-breakage in the field.
Limit it to your personal experience, true stats, practical usage from guys and gals that will use and abuse it like you do, not what I hear or an advert I read.

Are you tired of poor quality junk that leaves you stranded or eating cold food on the trail? Are you are looking to replace some equipment that sucks? this might be the first place to look!

ie-in contrast to Ozark Trails stuff, probably sucks

Kind of a product review.

Got a few I'd like to share that I don't go without

1. Yeti coolers-

just got my first for my b-day. sick and tired of losing ice and breaking coolers, my wife bought me this. This thing is the tank of all coolers. I mean, its bear proof Literally.

Pros-keeps Ice very good, not the best, but very good
      -you could use it for a jack stand in a pinch
      -certified bear safe
      -American made quality! even the dry food rack is stout
      -parts are replaceable
      -last cooler you'll buy
Cons- heavy
      -expensive!

2. Weber Gas Go-anywhere
If you are like me, I run a lot of camping stuff off propane canisters (which are not all created equal I found out) After using a USA made sunbeam gas grill for about 15 years (still works, its my dad's), I went looking for one of my own. to my dismay they dont make them anymore. Bought a couple that were poop and left me eating cold food I found this little gem and I love it. USA made, tough, burns hot and long (will melt your plastic table if you set it on it, ask me how I know) and even. i have even taken the guts out and put wood in it for a fire ring. this is a sweet gas grill

Pros-expensive
     -heavier
     -stout

cons
    -the part you out the regulator into sticks out, I would have made it recessed like the old coleman stoves
    - the electric ignition is a joke, will break off the first time you pack your gear. I just 86'd it out of the box

SUCK
-Ozark Trail lantern, used it once before the seal in the regulator broke and propane leaked all over the table. once it lit, all my dry stuff caught on fire.
« Last Edit: Oct 12, 2011, 10:29:05 PM by Seeds »
Romans 12:2