Author Topic: trail gear springs  (Read 16331 times)

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
Re: trail gear springs
« Reply #30 on: Jun 21, 2006, 06:12:45 PM »
Thankyou!! Exactly what I wanted to hear.

......and who was here 1st?
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

h0nke

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 322
  • Member since May '05
  • need $$$$ for parts
    • View Profile
    • Firth4X4
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #31 on: Jun 22, 2006, 12:02:12 AM »
NO

Sorry didnt kno, there site looks like a freakin replica of Marlins.
1980 SR5 shortbed pickup (Project Rust Bucket)

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #32 on: Jun 22, 2006, 09:05:15 AM »
Sorry didnt kno, there site looks like a freakin replica of Marlins.

:haha:  thats because it IS  a direct replica of Marlins site because said ex employee  was too lazy  to creat a unique site for his buddy's at trail gear.        and you want to know why the pics of products look exactly the same :dunno:  because they are copied images by, you guessed it , Chris Geiger

and TeamRamrod,  I DO have plenty to back my statement up,  have you ever talked to Chris Geiger on the :phone:  or in person,  :rofl:  try and get any kind of product support from him,  unless someone has said something about it  and he is going out of his way to NOT be himself  :rofl:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

Wermz84

• Rock Nerd!
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 921
  • Male Posts: 3,518
  • Member since May '05
  • Ouch My Eye!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Jun 22, 2006, 09:46:28 AM »
try and get any kind of product support from him,  unless someone has said something about it  and he is going out of his way to NOT be himself  :rofl:

:funny:  Yeah, Ive had the displeasure of talking to said person on the phone.

I just checked out the site for the first time.  they even have a forum that looks similar.  :rofl2:   :haha:    :not_shure_which_smiley_is_best_here:

I like to Drive!

Ramrod

• smelling like vag and loving it
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -59
  • Male Posts: 3,600
  • Member since Jan '05
  • fully bodied & Fully getting it
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Jun 23, 2006, 12:23:18 AM »
yeah i've actually met chris geiger in person a couple times and talked to him along with the other guys.  while chris is just an all around jerk hes not bad if you talk to him a little the other guys from trail gear are totally cool and I like them alot. sorry mike and marlin i cant help but be friend with everyone

yotacrawler1

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 259
  • Member since Sep '11
  • 1985, on wontons
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Sep 29, 2011, 12:46:22 PM »
this parts truck i bought had some leafs in the back and i thing there tgs just cuz of fact that they say tg R5" on them.. so i would assume there trail-gear 5in lift springs? im not guna use them im running 63s but just for sake of knowing or whatever. hahah

Seeds

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 93
  • Member since Sep '11
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Sep 29, 2011, 01:30:00 PM »
oh its a long  nasty story
but i can tell you  they MIGHT be as good  as Marlins, but Marlin stands by his stuff,  try and get some customer support from trailgear :headshake:

I wish I could agree. I have had much better luck with TG in the customer service dept. All personal experience. I've never talked to Chris Geiger so I cant say. But I've had a few non-returned emails messages and phone messages from customer service at Marlin Crawler.

My opinion Marlin's stuff is always the best. Especially tranny's and gears. He is a pioneer and phenom in the industry and years of product usage proves it time and time again. He started the gear revolution in the early 90's and definitely put toyota trucks where they are today.

TG stuff is cheaper because it is made as cheaply as possible in China. Doesnt mean their stuff is crap (most of it is comparable to some extent), most of it is worth the price in my opinion, but you sacrifice quality control and some quality as well. Be ready to be fixing stuff that should not need fixing, ie redrilling holes to fit standard hardware, grinding armor to fit standard equipment etc...use the instructions as guidelines and be ready to do more extra work than necessary because chances are things are gonna be off with the end product in the box. This has been my experience with all the TG stuff I've bought.

In the end, you get what you pay for. If you want the best buy Marlin, you pay the price, but you wont be disappointed...And Marlin isnt that much more in comparison. To me its worth it because it is the best, proven best and I find I dont worry about equipment as much when its Marlin stuff.

I wish all pro had a 3 inch kit, sigh...

If you buy from Marlin you are getting top quality and trail proven stuff.
« Last Edit: Sep 29, 2011, 01:43:59 PM by Seeds »
Romans 12:2