Author Topic: 84 toyota truggy frame/ motor/ trans  (Read 3051 times)

Bullrout

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Sep '10
    • View Profile
84 toyota truggy frame/ motor/ trans
« on: Dec 11, 2010, 05:51:01 PM »
Earlier this week found out Were going to have an addition to the family so selling all my stuff and moving out of CA - back to Australia.

84 Toyota X-Cab truggy frame with title
Re-wired vehicle so all guages etc work and there is no lookse plugs/wires. Removed all wiring for Smog, heater, all unnecesary lights etc. Only the essentials left. SR5 Instrument panel.
Motor is a carb 20R/22R hybrid, Weber 38 on it, goes awesome, timing chain rattle. Stupid me didnt change it when i assembled this motor. i do have a brand new timing kit to go with it though. was in my DD truck til i wrecked it on Jackhammer and started building this.
Trans is a l52 5 speed, again was out of my DD truck, no noises shifts good. New clutch etc.
I have 2nd Gen skins tack welded in, they need a little sheet metal work to make it look nice. The extra cab panels and rear wall, and hood is already cut for the truggy. I also have the front end off an 81 (my old DD) to go with this if you prefer the first gen look (which i was going to do)
I have two fornt 4runner seats with slides for the vehicle - the seats are ripped / bad condition but good rails.
The body is cut for twin cases.
The frame has all stock motor/tranny mounts.
The frame has been shortened behind the rr spring hangers and the rear suspension is set up for 56in springs.
The front hangers have been cut and a lowered new spring hanger has been welded on.
It is setup already for an IFS box.
Front and rear bumpers / slider are all integrated. It has been boatsided and the sliders brought up but floor needs to be welded in there for a closed cab.
It has an exo and also has a Marlin Crawler internal cage. The exo and the internal cages have been linked in several places through the vehicle. The cage is gusseted.
Marlin shock hoops on the front.
Theres an ammo case for the back.
I'll also throw in a bunch of misc parts I have around that were for this build - grilles,lights,fuel tank,radiators etc.

$750 OBO located in Agoura Hills CA. Can help load if necessary.

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]The axles/transfer case/skid/tires etc in the photos are not for sale.  This is for the frame/motor/trans and everything mentioned above only.[/COLOR]

Some old pics i can get some new if theres enough interest.

The axles are going to a friend but if youhave complete front and rear axles (with at least welded carriers) with 4.3s or higher in them to leave me I can keep the vehicle as a roller on 31s to make it easier to load. The axles are stock with 4.3 gearsets, and a welded rear and lockright front. I think the front does have a broke lockright though, i havent taken it apart to check.

Bullrout [OP]

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Sep '10
    • View Profile
Re: 84 toyota truggy frame/ motor/ trans
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12, 2010, 05:18:14 PM »
to expensive? I'll pull the motor/trans and sell the frame for $400