Author Topic: sterio install  (Read 1539 times)

Makohon

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 83
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
sterio install
« on: Dec 27, 2004, 06:53:28 PM »
dude the truck i got the wiring was hell, whoever did it i just gotta say ????????????? WTF.... i pulled probably 30 ft of useless wire out and everything is F-ed up!! i have been trying to find a wire that is always hot!!! you know.. the wire that keeps all the memory in the cd deck when the truck is completly off!!???? help.... iv been kinda serchin for it for the las 2 hrs but cant find it yet... its prolly right in my face but help!!!!
91 std cab, flatbed, 35 mtr's, aussie, 5.29's, 4.7's, twin sticks

Makohon [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: sterio install
« Reply #1 on: Dec 27, 2004, 06:57:07 PM »
oh by the way everything is F-ed up!!! im running the sterio off the cigerette lighter wires!! why?? because like i said everything is F-ed up!! so i need to find a always hott wire that is something else but the wire everyone else uses for there sterio!! i tried the clock but no luck!! maybe i wired it wrong but no luck!! by the way its an 85 carb!! thanx guys  :wave:  :beerchug:

Makohon [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Dec 27, 2004, 07:15:13 PM »
dude cant find out how to delete this post right now :beer: but ya i found a hott wire... the clock!! i tapped into the wrong wire!!!! :dunno:  but got the right wire now now!! well i gotta say workin on my truck with  :beer:  = :thumbs:  and  :headscratch:  but later guys!!!! :wave:  :beerchug:

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Dec 27, 2004, 07:29:16 PM »
Dude, don't buy a truck from a crank fiend, they love to run miles of useless wire and clip useful stuff when they've been awake for three days........Nate
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Makohon [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Dec 27, 2004, 07:48:30 PM »
lol.... its my buddies truck i bought off him the other day.... i had no idea about the wire situation!!! but it will be together in about 1 1/2 hours.... hes.... well.... i gues....... not that bright when it comes to cars or wireing........ but i got all the connections right ect ect..... now all i need to do is put it in the dash!! i eventually got to get a new deck though!! if n e ones got a nice one that they wanna sell for cheap let me know!! no SONY!!!!! though.... the one i got it makes the heart beat sound when plugged into the deck... i know it has to be the deck cuz my bro plugged in into his REX with same sub and amp and it worked flawless!! but jus let me know what u guys have!! oh by the way how hard is it to pass a carb truck with smog in cali!!! god damn i hate cali laws!!!!!!! :smack:  :wave:  :beerchug:

Makohon [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Dec 27, 2004, 07:51:20 PM »
by the way its the sub that makes the heartbeat sound... not the speakers!!!