Author Topic: howdy from yosemite  (Read 1672 times)

fritz

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 369
  • Member since Nov '04
  • snow Crawlin'
    • View Profile
howdy from yosemite
« on: Nov 24, 2004, 09:31:32 AM »
howdy, im fritz and new to here. I grew up in El Portal Ca on the west edge of yosemite. During 5 years on the east side (mammoth lakes area)  I got into the wheelin from the knarly nessessary approaches to access backcountry snowboarding on the east side and in nevada. mostly oooold mining roads. after realizing my 89' ifs was gonna break on these approaches. i sold it and have an 84' diesel longbed. still lots to do but ive got a custom matched lift, 4:88s, 33's, a factory e locker in the rear with downeys cable conversion and a ausse locker in the front and some marlin axel spacers. iv got a wildernest topper that flips into a 9ft tall tent cabin in 30 seconds and my daily drivin expedition rig is almost a reality after some lower lo range, a custom flatbed thing and i get er wheelin on free vegge oil and propane. now i split my time between yosemite, sonora area, and the east side, if anyone wants to wheel in these areas on some trails you didn't know existed let me know  :beerchug:  fritz

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2158
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
Re: howdy from yosemite
« Reply #1 on: Nov 24, 2004, 10:58:43 AM »
Hey fritz, :welcome:

Yosemite is cool but as far as the national park regin goes, I've only been in the valley and up the otherside to Tawalame (sp?) Meadows.

I'll let you know next time I head up to the valley. My friends and I plan on hiking from Glacier Point to Half Dome at least 3 times next season!
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

fritz [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 369
  • Member since Nov '04
  • snow Crawlin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Nov 24, 2004, 11:24:06 AM »
ya that hike is a good one. like i said, i grew up there so i know lots of cool places where there is no one else. and some cool roads that are fullon expeditions to drive. some havent been drivin in a hundred years but are still doable and kinda legal. theres lots of cool places to wheel and hike between here and fresno too. above bass lake is awsome and of course up above shaver, mono hot springs area. hope to hook up some time, fritz

gturismo

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -20
  • Male Posts: 327
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Nov 24, 2004, 12:34:50 PM »
Welcome fritz.  I bet there are lots of trails up there that most of us don't know about.  Nice area up there.

Mike, I did that hike a couple summers ago.  Its definitely an all day thing.  We left Glacier Point before sunrise, and didn't get back until after dark!  Of course we did climb Half Dome and spent about an hour to an hour and a half up there.  Very beautiful and breathtaking!  I think the route we took was approx. 18 miles, so take PLENTY of water.  Sorry, got  :offtopic:

Again, welcome to the board, Fritz!
85 Runner

mudguts

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1114
  • Member since Mar '04
  • Meat of the Gods
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Nov 25, 2004, 09:53:40 AM »
 :welcome:  fritz. Glad to have you aboard. I have family in Coarsegold, not to far below you. I'll have to look you up when I get some free time to burn. I'm allways up for an expedition.  :driving:  :beerchug:
« Last Edit: Dec 01, 2004, 11:19:34 PM by Muddy Nuts »
:nerv:                                                                                               :turtle: I love T.I.T.S. :turtle: