Author Topic: Masterwacker is new here  (Read 3430 times)

masterwacker

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 17
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
    • My website
Masterwacker is new here
« on: Nov 09, 2004, 09:48:07 PM »
What's going on ladies and gents.  My real name is Paul and I am new to this site, obviously, and just checking in like the forum banner says to do.  I live in Ohio and I drive a '93 Toyota 4wd ext cab SR5 P/U.  I have only had the truck since June and I am already planning to have kids with this lady.  I haven't done anything to the suspension seeing as how I am saving for a SAS, so why spend the money on an IFS lift in the meantime.  I have just mainly been replacing a lot of drivetrain and engine parts to make sure the truck runs good.  My last truck I just kinda jump in without looking as far as modifying goes, but this truck is going to be different.  I have a plan and I am sticking to it dammit.  The problem is is that my little lady is begging for some new shoes, but getting her to listen to reason is hard if you know what I mean.  Well, enough of this meaningless diatribe.  Nice to meet you guys.

Paul
Eat, Sleep, and Off Road.  Anything else is a meaningless detail

'93 Toyota P/U 4wd ext cab SR5 with the 3.0 5spd

MidgetMike

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 55
  • Male Posts: 668
  • Member since Sep '04
  • My 83 soon to be the sh%*
    • View Profile
Re: Masterwacker is new here
« Reply #1 on: Nov 09, 2004, 10:17:41 PM »
welcome wacker how's Ohio wheeling

Mike in Nor Cal  :usa: :turtle:
Sounds like more tree huggin hippie bull :pokinit:

gturismo

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -20
  • Male Posts: 327
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Nov 09, 2004, 10:45:49 PM »
 :welcome:   :beer:  What are your long term plans for your truck?  Post a pic if you have one :)
85 Runner

masterwacker [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #3 on: Nov 10, 2004, 11:13:24 AM »
Check out the website link for pictures.  As to long term plans well here goes:

1. SAS is the first big projects on my list.  Incorporated in that will be a dual transfer case setup, upgraded axles, ARB front and rear lockers.  Although I may take my rear Tru Track'd third member and put that up front and put an ARB in the rear to make the project cheaper at first.

2. Engine would have to be another priority.  I have 218,000 miles on my 3.0 and it runs great, but I would like to put a newer engine into it.  Not sure if I want to do a swap, rebuild existing, or put another 3.0 in it and then work on hopping up the original.  I haven't really done a lot of research on this yet.

3. Performance wise I need to get some headers, build a better intake system, get rid of the blasted cat and put a new exhaust on it.  Not sure what exhaust I want to use.  Anybody have any suggestions?

4. Electrical wise I am going to upgrade the alt.  The first time I am going to put a MR2 alt in since it is by far the cheaper way to go, but I have seen some people putting some chevy and some other aftermarket alts in their rides that are pretty sweet.  I am definitly going to dual battery my truck though.  I think I am going to take the batterys out of my engine bay and build a tray/box to put them under the truck where the spare tire is supposed to go.  This way I will have a little more room in the bay for my previous engine plans.  I am also in the process of building some wiring harnesses and couplers for all the accesories I have and will have so that the aftermarket electrical stuff, ie lights, winch and such, is clean and I don't have massive amounts of wires running around.

5. As to custom built stuff I am going to be building a front winch bumper, rear bumper/ sway a way tire carrier, a custom light bar/ quasi roll bar so I can still use my tonneau cover.  I am in the process of building out of fiberglass and new center console.  The overhead console I am also building right now will house my CB and have an accesorie switch panel on it as well. 

Well, you asked for my long term plans and those are the major ones.  The biggest thing is getting the boss to allow me to do all this stuff.  Usually all i have to do is let her drive the truck  several times to work, but with how much money this is going to cost I don't know now.  Actually, she enjoys working on my truck too, but she wants a new car and house so we'll see.

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Nov 10, 2004, 12:22:48 PM »
Welcome to the board!  I'm another norcal wheeler.  Where abouts in ohio are you?  My dad used to be stationed at Wright Paterson AFB near Dayton.
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #5 on: Nov 10, 2004, 04:41:12 PM »
 :welcome: welcome wacker,  if i was you id, be searchin the salvage yards for a 3.4 with SC and make that swap,  central arkansas here  :wave:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

masterwacker [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #6 on: Nov 10, 2004, 05:02:34 PM »
I live right outside Dayton.  Wright Pat is about .5 hour from my house.  As to the 3.4, you are talking about a Tacoma engine right?  And am I correct that the SC means supercharger?  If so wouldn't that cost a whole hell of a lot more than a 4.3L or buying a newer 3.0 Toyota engine?

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #7 on: Nov 10, 2004, 05:07:10 PM »
dude,  3.4  taco or 4runner with Supercharger, im thinking would make a 4.3 chevy wet the bed,  :haha: not to mention being  TOYOTA  :respect:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

gturismo

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -20
  • Male Posts: 327
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Nov 10, 2004, 06:08:23 PM »
Awesome wacker!  :thumbs:  That will be one sweet ride.
85 Runner