Author Topic: Now rollin' on 33s and new pro comp wheels baby  (Read 3367 times)

87hillbillyoter

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -43
  • Male Posts: 1,066
  • Member since Mar '10
  • git er duuunnn!
    • View Profile
Now rollin' on 33s and new pro comp wheels baby
« on: Jun 08, 2010, 07:07:59 PM »
got my 33x12.5r15s on finally, and i also got my new pro comp wheels with 3.25" BS. :rockingout: lemme know what you think. lot better than those pizza cutters i had on there haha

not bad for IFS right? or is it terrible

« Last Edit: Jun 14, 2010, 09:19:03 PM by 87norcalyota »
:usa:
1987 SAS'ed toyota 4x4 pickup 22re swap
build up- http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=75111.0

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Before I tell you the bad news, where'd you have them balanced?
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

87hillbillyoter [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Mar '10
  • git er duuunnn!
    • View Profile
uh oh... chevron. why

87hillbillyoter [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Mar '10
  • git er duuunnn!
    • View Profile
i actually think i might know what your going to say- they put the weights on the outside which are just going to fall off while wheeling, am i right?

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Nope.  They counterbalanced the wheels.  By having space between the weights they're counterbalancing them, tricking the machine, and half assing the job because they're too lazy or ignorant to it right.  If using more than one clip on weight on one side of the wheel, they should be touching each other.  They just plain did it wrong  :thumbs:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

87hillbillyoter [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Mar '10
  • git er duuunnn!
    • View Profile
ah i see. damn i should have known that after auto shop a few years back. thanks for the help nate

BUDDERS

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 15
  • Male Posts: 1,335
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
I know what you mean Nate, but they probably used a older balance machine.  The old school one I originally learned on would have you add weights like that.  The new Hunter machines are much nicer and have road force variation and would tell you to have the weights next to each other.  They will tell you if the tire is out of round, has a heavy spot, has a pull and will tell you where to position all 4 tires on the car to eliminate tire pull.  They will also tell you if the rim is bent and probably several other things I can't remember at the moment.  The point is, only good tire shops and dealers have the money for these machines.

I learned how to use these machines back in 2000 when we got one at the Lexus dealer I was working for. I moved to Toyota again a few years later and got to teach everyone at that dealer how to use it when they got one.  My team leader had the hardest time learning how to use the new Hunter machine - I told him you could play PacMan on it and I think he still believes me!
"A friend will help you move.  A real friend will help you move a body."

"They call it PMS because Mad Cow Disease was already taken"

"Hopefully, if I crap in a gopher hole, one doesn't try and nibble at my taint"  - my freind Fat Tony

"I once read somewhere that drinking causes violence, so I quit reading"

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Word, one of ours will do the road force, but the other 2 are older, one is actually fairly old.  Thing is, they don't have to line back up or tell you to move a weight for you to get it right.  If you put the weight where it wants it initially, spin it and it comes up wanting a little somewhere else, all you do is move the weight (on old lead weights, new ones are 1 time use) or add a little more next to it if it's close enough.  Otherwise, the correct thing to do is remove the weight and spin again.  May take a few spins to do it right, but even on our old machine it works the same.
RIP KYOTA

BUDDERS

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 15
  • Male Posts: 1,335
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Maybe the old machine I was taught on needed calibration or was just plain retarded.
"A friend will help you move.  A real friend will help you move a body."

"They call it PMS because Mad Cow Disease was already taken"

"Hopefully, if I crap in a gopher hole, one doesn't try and nibble at my taint"  - my freind Fat Tony

"I once read somewhere that drinking causes violence, so I quit reading"

87hillbillyoter [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Mar '10
  • git er duuunnn!
    • View Profile
well i popped that back left bald ass tire, now i need some new 33s or just another one. if anyones got one lemme know.