Author Topic: Hadley Climatic Research Center hacked, emails prove conspiracy!!!  (Read 3408 times)

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2158
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
As far as I can tell, this is all over the news outside of the US.

The University of East Anglia's Hadley Climatic Research Centre appears to have suffered a security breach earlier today, when an unknown hacker apparently downloaded 1079 e-mails and 72 documents of various types and published them to an anonymous FTP server. These files appear to contain highly sensitive information that, if genuine, could prove extremely embarrassing to the authors of the e-mails involved. Those authors include some of the most celebrated names among proponents of the theory of anthropogenic global warming (AGW).

LINKS:

Conspiracy of the century? Hackers 'expose' climate change
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/hFt07eAAQ94&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0xe1600f&amp;color2=0xfebd01" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/hFt07eAAQ94&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0xe1600f&amp;color2=0xfebd01</a>

Hadley CRU hacked with release of hundreds of docs and emails

East Anglia Confirmed Emails from the Climate Research Unit

ClimateGate: The Fix is In

Rorting data is hell, Nino

From Mike’s Nature Trick,
This is a mirrored post from ClimateAudit.org which is terribly overloaded.... So far one of the most circulated e-mails from the CRU hack...
    To: ray bradley ,mann@xxxxx.xxx, mhughes@xxxx.xxx
    Subject: Diagram for WMO Statement
    Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 13:31:15 +0000
    Cc: k.briffa@xxx.xx.xx,t.osborn@xxxx.xxx

Dear Ray, Mike and Malcolm,
    Once Tim’s got a diagram here we’ll send that either later today or
    first thing tomorrow.
    I’ve just completed Mike’s Nature trick of adding in the real temps
    to each series for the last 20 years (ie from 1981 onwards) amd from
    1961 for Keith’s to hide the decline. Mike’s series got the annual
    land and marine values while the other two got April-Sept for NH land
    N of 20N. The latter two are real for 1999, while the estimate for 1999
    for NH combined is +0.44C wrt 61-90. The Global estimate for 1999 with
    data through Oct is +0.35C cf. 0.57 for 1998.
    Thanks for the comments, Ray.

Cheers
    Phil

Prof. Phil Jones
    Climatic Research Unit Telephone +44 (0) xxxxx
    School of Environmental Sciences Fax +44 (0) xxxx
    University of East Anglia
    Norwich Email p.jones@xxxx.xxx
    NR4 7TJ
    UK

edit: added YouTube video above
« Last Edit: Dec 06, 2009, 02:29:18 PM by BigMike »
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

BigMike [OP]

• Administrator
  • Member since Apr '02
    • View Profile
Another good read, I like the comments at the bottom: Global Warming On Trial: Inhofe Calls For Investigation Of UN IPCC

Sorry if I'm slow catching on to this, but I didn't see it posted on the forum so I posted up. :twocents:

And here are some videos. Apparently this happened like 2 weeks ago and is proof enough for me that I haven't heard about it as to how the US is trying to keep this on the down low. It's big news outside of the US of course. Here are some YouTube videos from infowars.com

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/mx3q2arm_ek&amp;rel=0&amp;border=1&amp;color1=0x2b405b&amp;color2=0x6b8ab6&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;feature=player_embedded&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/mx3q2arm_ek&amp;rel=0&amp;border=1&amp;color1=0x2b405b&amp;color2=0x6b8ab6&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;feature=player_embedded&amp;fs=1</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/4G4f98fBCfk&amp;rel=0&amp;border=1&amp;color1=0x2b405b&amp;color2=0x6b8ab6&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;feature=player_embedded&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/4G4f98fBCfk&amp;rel=0&amp;border=1&amp;color1=0x2b405b&amp;color2=0x6b8ab6&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;feature=player_embedded&amp;fs=1</a>
« Last Edit: Dec 06, 2009, 02:26:10 PM by BigMike »

BigMike [OP]

• Administrator
  • Member since Apr '02
    • View Profile
Global warming scandal unfolding at universities

The largest scientific scandal in decades is quickly unfolding in the U.S. and the U.K. Investigations have already begun at two universities, one in England, the other in Pennsylvania. A long series of leaked or hacked e-mails strongly indicate that several prominent climate scientists have hidden data from Freedom of Information requests, conspired to hide unfavorable findings and doctored scientific evidence. Those at the heart of the scandal are the leading supporters of the human-induced global warming hypothesis. Since those involved are all either government employees or beneficiaries of large grants, criminal probes will follow. Even Britain's leading environmentalist is calling on those involved to resign.

Like most non-climate scientists I am an agnostic on global warming and its causes. I understand very well the type of mathematical models used by climatologists -- they are remarkably like those employed by economists. That alone should generate healthy skepticism. But, like most other folks I simply cannot judge the science (but at least admit it). It literally takes a doctoral degree and a significant number of years of research to appreciate the quality of the data and analysis. That is exactly why high levels of integrity are needed by those conducting research. Being often wrong (or not quite right) is the price of conducting serious research. Lying about research, especially when it is linked to funding, is another matter. It is worth restating that the scientific method is all about attempting to disprove a hypothesis.
These scientists were caught trying to prove something. The e-mails could hardly be more damning, and there are soon to be millions more who are agnostic toward global warming.

Let me be clear though, that agnosticism on global warming is not a policy-neutral position. Simple aversion to risk would argue for significant research into the effects of global warming (whether it was human caused or not). When someone tells you the sky is falling, it is prudent to at least look up. That means, in this case, perhaps hundreds of millions of dollars for research. Therein lay the temptation.

The problem with global warming as a hypothesis though, isn't that it is wrong or right (time will tell for certain). The problem is that it has taken so much of the air out of other more laudable environmental goals.

For example, there's no disagreement that emissions from coal-fired power plants cause huge scale human mortality and morbidity. Particulate matter and mercury kill perhaps hundreds of thousands of people each year. Likewise agricultural emissions endanger waterways and aquifers or that the transportation of petroleum products is environmentally risky. Efforts in many of these areas have been slowed or stopped in order to pursue a cure for global warming. For example, U.S. coal-fired power plants have stopped installing emissions reduction technology due to uncertainty over cap and trade.

This scandal unfolds even as world leaders meet in Copenhagen to craft an as yet elusive remedy to climate change. Let us hope they pay attention to more than these scientists.

Michael Hicks is director of the Center for Business and Economic Research and an associate professor of economics at Ball State University

BigMike [OP]

• Administrator
  • Member since Apr '02
    • View Profile
MAN I hope this exposes A LOT MORE so we can regain access to land WE PAY FOR like SURPRISE CANYON in Panamint Valley!!!

Anyway, back to studying for final semester projects I go :(

Reload the page, I added another YouTube video to my opening post at the top, it's a good one

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
I've always said global warming was a bunch of bs, thank god that before we went and did something stupid that it may have been rooted out as a hoax. Most scientists and science itself is an opinion and not a proven fact, if it were then they could say I told you so. So maybe now they've been found out and the sky is not falling.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
I've always said global warming was a bunch of bs, thank god that before we went and did something stupid that it may have been rooted out as a hoax. Most scientists and science itself is an opinion and not a proven fact, if it were then they could say I told you so. So maybe now they've been found out and the sky is not falling.

Whoa!

Just because this has been made public...doesn't mean that the majority of people will pull their heads from their dark and stinky places. Nor does it mean something stupid won't be done, despite what most reasonable people would consider to be a death blow to human caused climate change legislation. We are, after all dealing with Congress. I don't know of too many politicians that could resist the temptation to tax/regulate the very breath we exhale!
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
Hey I can fantasize can't I?

brainlessfool

• It's not my problem if you can't hear the voices too.
  • Turtle Points: 2730
  • Male Posts: 4,207
  • Member since Jun '02
  • drive fast or the devil may get ya
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
Hey I can fantasize can't I?

sure you can, let me help ya :moon:
A good day working, that's just sick :reg:

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile

What was that...two albino Javelinas?
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club

That is one hell of a carbon footprint you've got there.

Stocker

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 962
  • Male Posts: 173
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Since 1977
    • View Profile
I don't know of too many politicians that could resist the temptation to tax/regulate the very breath we exhale!
They just did it. http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1946095,00.html

The EPA just announced that the agency had finalized its finding that greenhouse gases, including carbon dioxide, pose a threat to human health and welfare. Who knows what will ultimately come of this, but I'm thinking more jobs will go overseas, and many things will become much more expensive. Enjoy your steak while you can... cows not only exhale carbon dioxide, they fart methane -- and have been targeted before as a significant source of greenhouse gases.

My goal in life is to be as a good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

If you don't learn something every day, you're not paying attention.

germ

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 349
  • Male Posts: 733
  • Member since Dec '04
  • Work sucks, I'm goin' wheelin
    • View Profile
Obama is still going to Copenhagen in hopes of hammering out a deal. Latest I heard was that it won't be "leagally binding", but who the h*ll knows what he'll sign off on. We need to make sure that it never gets ratified by congress, but as idiotic as those guys are, who knows what they'll do.

Erik
* Regardless of what happens, someone will find a way to take it too seriously.
* 2% rule: Must be 2% smarter than what your working on.
* If you make something even a fool can use, only a fool will use it.
* I've been crapping in the woods longer than lil'buddy has been alive!

germ

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 349
  • Male Posts: 733
  • Member since Dec '04
  • Work sucks, I'm goin' wheelin
    • View Profile
Did anyone notice how the EPA just declared CO2 a "dangerous substance"?

Seems pretty stupid and trival until you look into it a bit deeper. By doing this, it will allow Obama to make substantial changes to the existing laws (particularly the 1970's clean air bill), and use this to circumvent congress in ratifying anything that he signs in Copenhagen. He will still be able to make sweeping changes to small and large buisness, as well as put restrictions on individuals CO2 "output", to reach whatever threshold he sets. Unfortunately, there is not much that the Congress can do about it, as the EPA is not regulated by Congress. The only solution to this would be if Congress decided to de-fund the EPA, which we all know will never happen (Look at ACORN).

We'll have to see what happens.

Erik
* Regardless of what happens, someone will find a way to take it too seriously.
* 2% rule: Must be 2% smarter than what your working on.
* If you make something even a fool can use, only a fool will use it.
* I've been crapping in the woods longer than lil'buddy has been alive!

Stocker

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 962
  • Male Posts: 173
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Since 1977
    • View Profile
Did anyone notice how the EPA just declared CO2 a "dangerous substance"?

They just did it. http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1946095,00.html

The EPA just announced that the agency had finalized its finding that greenhouse gases, including carbon dioxide, pose a threat to human health and welfare. Who knows what will ultimately come of this, but I'm thinking more jobs will go overseas, and many things will become much more expensive. Enjoy your steak while you can... cows not only exhale carbon dioxide, they fart methane -- and have been targeted before as a significant source of greenhouse gases.
My goal in life is to be as a good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

If you don't learn something every day, you're not paying attention.