Author Topic: Aglinment help on a 86  (Read 807 times)

Grunt

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Male Posts: 32
  • Member since Mar '09
  • Improvise,Adapt,Overcome
    • View Profile
Aglinment help on a 86
« on: Aug 02, 2009, 04:55:00 AM »
Just picked up an 86 standard cab short box 4x4 pickup. First foray into Toyota, and I have a question. The tires are wearing on the inside. Can I correct this with out taking it to a shop? If so How? I would like to get some new tires for it after the issue is delt with. I have checked the bearings, tierod ends ect.. All appears normal. Any help would be great. Thanks Mac  :help:
With your shield or on it

*ROKTOY*

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 1,066
  • Member since Nov '06
    • View Profile
Re: Aglinment help on a 86
« Reply #1 on: Aug 02, 2009, 05:47:11 AM »
Your camber angle is incorrect and needs to be set, you will need to take it and have it aligned.

Grunt [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Male Posts: 32
  • Member since Mar '09
  • Improvise,Adapt,Overcome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Aug 02, 2009, 05:59:08 AM »
Kinda figured, Thanks Mac
With your shield or on it

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #3 on: Aug 02, 2009, 10:26:05 AM »
Just picked up an 86 standard cab short box 4x4 pickup. First foray into Toyota, and I have a question. The tires are wearing on the inside. Can I correct this with out taking it to a shop? If so How? I would like to get some new tires for it after the issue is delt with. I have checked the bearings, tierod ends ect.. All appears normal. Any help would be great. Thanks Mac  :help:
sounds like its toe'd out,  you can fix this by shortening the tierod,  BUT its a little harder to do on the ifs truck

but you can  pull both front tires,  clamp some STRAIGHT angle iron to the wheel mounting surface or to the rotors and then measure front and rear of the angle iron (pretend its your tires)

i have this documented in my build thread "Glens budget build"
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way