Author Topic: discovery axles ?  (Read 2598 times)

1983bamayota

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 55
  • Member since Nov '08
  • gettin ready for easter run!!!!
    • View Profile
discovery axles ?
« on: Apr 21, 2009, 01:43:48 AM »
THIS MIGHT BE A STUPID QUESTION, BUT A GUY I KNOW TOLD ME THAT THE LANDROVER DISCOVERY'S THAT CAME WITH STRIGHT AXLES, HAD LONGFIELD AXLES IN THEM? ANY TRUTH TO THAT, AND IF NOT ARE THEY ANY STRONGER THEN A STOCK BIRFIELD. I'M NOT SURE IF THEY WOULD EVEN FIT, BUT I GUESS THERES NO BETTER PLACE TO FIND OUT THEN RIGHT HERE.

Gittinit

• throttle jockey!
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 28
  • Male Posts: 2,293
  • Member since Sep '06
  • out from under my rock, and ready to roll
    • View Profile
Re: discovery axles ?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 21, 2009, 07:22:21 PM »
Longfield axles are aftermarket axles. Discoveries had cv axles, i'm pretty shure, but not longfields, or atleast not stock. I really don't even think Bobby makes axles or even stickers for land rovers.

Oh and STOP SCREAMING

Hers a link to Bobby Longs website and there is no listing for land rover. axles.http://www.longfieldsuperaxles.com/
« Last Edit: Apr 21, 2009, 07:28:29 PM by Gittinit »
Hug your kids, pray for a soldier, and don't sweat the small stuff.

my favorite places:
http://www.flatnasty.net/
http://www.orvpark.com/

– fortysixandtwo – sorry, i prefer marlin because aside from gittinit, no one is a know it all a hole

1983bamayota [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Nov '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Apr 21, 2009, 07:57:56 PM »
I LIKE SCREAMING HAHAHA BUT WHEN WE WALKED THRU THE JUNK YARD, AND WE FOUND A FACTORY LAND ROVER DISCOVERY WITH A STRAIGHT AXLE. SO I CAN'T EXPLAIN, THAT'S WHY I WAS ASKING, TO FIND OUT BY SOMEONE THAT KNOWS. I KNOW THAT SOME CAME WITH CV'S, BUT THE ONE I SAW WAS A FACTORY STRAIGHT AXLE.

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Apr 21, 2009, 08:11:38 PM »
I don't feel like typing it all out so here ya go. Also Caps lock is annoying, people will not take you very seriously online if thats how you type.

Many Land Rovers solid axles, with modification can accept Toyota third members and axle shafts. Longfields included. Do longfields come stock in LRs? No.

Anyway, searching junk yards with the hope of stumbling upon a LR with Longfields is just dumb. It's not going to happen.

Here are some links for anyone interested in learning more about Land Rover/Hybrid Toyota axles:

http://www.rovertracks.com/tech/toyota3rd.html

http://www.rovertracks.com/products/driveline.html

http://www.washbrook.net/Stage_12.htm
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

1983bamayota [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Nov '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Apr 21, 2009, 08:29:06 PM »
WELL THANKS FOR THE INFO, BUT I DON'T HAVE THE LITTLE GIRL SKILLS TYPING, SO I'LL STICK WITH CAP LOCKS. SORRY, I DON'T KNOW WHY PEOPLE WOUN'T TAKE ME SERIOUS B/C I DON'T CARE TO TAKE THE TIME TO TYPE IT RIGHT. WHEN I GET MORE TIME ON MY HAND I'LL TRY TO TYPE IT RIGHT. THANKS

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Apr 21, 2009, 08:32:30 PM »
WELL THANKS FOR THE INFO, BUT I DON'T HAVE THE LITTLE GIRL SKILLS TYPING, SO I'LL STICK WITH CAP LOCKS. SORRY, I DON'T KNOW WHY PEOPLE WOUN'T TAKE ME SERIOUS B/C I DON'T CARE TO TAKE THE TIME TO TYPE IT RIGHT. WHEN I GET MORE TIME ON MY HAND I'LL TRY TO TYPE IT RIGHT. THANKS

Not to be a richard but I fail to see what "little girl skills" have to do with typing. Either you are making it harder for yourself by typing with one finger on SHIFT, or you are typing with CAPS LOCK on. Either way, it takes less "skill" to type without either of them so that should make it a little easier for you :gap:
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Apr 22, 2009, 06:58:17 PM »
So I'm a little girl because I can type and know how to click off the caps lock key  :dunno: 

Also, you keep mentioning land rovers that came with a straight axle from the factory, but I can only think of 1 that came from the factory with ifs, pretty sure all others have always had straight axles.  They could have changed it recently, but who knows?
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

sandboxtoy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 177
  • Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Apr 22, 2009, 08:30:22 PM »
all this TEXT is making my eyes hurt :puke:

bigarms23

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 111
  • Male Posts: 2,897
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Apr 22, 2009, 09:58:10 PM »
my 95 range rover is the last year of a sa for a rover but all the manals i read they are designed to be interchangeable with toyota sa i just put longs 30splines in the rover axle the front axle should work
88 4runner 92 cpi duals 37 radial rockers and 4.8 coming soon

dirtchicken

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -44
  • Member since Nov '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Apr 23, 2009, 11:37:19 AM »
Land Rover axles are weaker. They used either a 10 or 24 spline shaft depending on year/model.

peacesells

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: -17
  • Male Posts: 791
  • Member since Jul '08
  • motley lou
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Apr 23, 2009, 02:06:28 PM »
I saw a discovery at the yard yesturday, the front driveshaft was as big around as my thumb.
this my man lysol, fresh out the joint

dirtchicken

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -44
  • Member since Nov '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Apr 24, 2009, 09:50:24 AM »
The Samarai owners don't even consider LR axles an upgrade.