We currently are not offering Customer Support on our Forum.
Please use our Store website for: Customer Contact.

Author Topic: Website Account no longer required for Online Ordering  (Read 1141 times)

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2158
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
Website Account no longer required for Online Ordering
« on: Feb 11, 2009, 01:01:05 PM »
Hey guys

I recently received website feedback from a visitor who created an account but never received his new member confirmation email letter.

For whatever the reason is, he typed his email address wrong or his email client thought the letter was spam and deleted it, regardless of this fact, it is silly to require registration simply to place an order.

I never even considered this.

So now I have reconfigured our site to allow anonymous product checkout :party:

They way it works is a new site visitor (who does not have an account or is simply not logged in) may add products to his/her shopping cart and proceed to checkout. At the checkout screen, there is an option to log in to retrieve your previously used billing and shipping info (which is rather convenient) or you may simply enter a valid email address and proceed with the checkout without being forced to active an account before being able to place an order online.

Now I say 'valid email' because what I've configured the system to do is to send a new account confirmation email automatically when an anonymous visitor completes the checkout process. This way the visitor may return and log in the same way as users do.

So basically a visitor may place an order without having to create & confirm a new user account on the site.

Also, you'll want to use a valid email so you may receive order status updates as well as a tracking number.

We hope this creates a more user-friendly website and look forward to providing the parts you need to get on the trails you miss!

Regards,
BigMike
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki