Author Topic: DARKNESS EVERYBODY!!  (Read 1816 times)

Dark Chaos

• Marlin Crawler
  • I used to Crawl. I still do, but I used to, too.
DARKNESS EVERYBODY!!
« on: Jun 30, 2004, 12:09:34 PM »
Hey everyone one of the newest members of Marlin Crawlers online forum Let me introduce myself I am Dark Chaos I am a Toyota enthusiast You can thank my girlfriend and her family for introducing me to Toyota. I will admit I wanted a Jeep Wrangler in the worst way. My girlfriend said before you buy a Jeep go test drive a Toyota better yet  drive my 4Runner I feel in love with her 4 Runner it had 206,589 and it was so smooth I was doing 90 and not even realizing it. Then she took me off road the 4runner was locked but everything else was stock you should see this thing go. I am on my second Toyota My first Toyota I ever owned was a sweet 1984 SR5 ext cab pick up this thing never let me down or got stuck it had a stock drive train with only a 3” rough country lift and bald 31” BFG AT , Unfortunately mother nature took her away from me. The person who owned it before me wheeled it and did not take care of her she rusted like all Toyotas by the gas tank. One fateful day inspection time rolled around. When I took her to the garage the mechanics first stop was you guessed it the frame buy the gas tank failed on the spot. :rivers:  No welder would touch her and those who would wanted $1,000 and said you were never here and I did not know who you are. So
I  traded her in  :rivers: :rivers: :and that came to Toyota number 2 :yupyup:  :yupyup: a sweet 2000 Tacoma 4x4 regular cab unfortunately I have never taken her off road yet but she does really good in the snow with bald Goodyear RT/S I got a set of 31” BFG M/T and cannot wait to get my truck dirty.

81Toy4x

• Marlin Crawler
Re: DARKNESS EVERYBODY!!
« Reply #1 on: Jun 30, 2004, 12:50:11 PM »
Well, your girlfriend is a great person.  We're glad you're here, and we hope that you find this forum helpful.

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2243
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
« Reply #2 on: Jun 30, 2004, 02:01:11 PM »
We all need to meet our girlfriends in this manner :best:
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

yotaboy79

• stuck in the shop
  • Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: -19
  • Male Posts: 2,838
  • Member since Aug '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jun 30, 2004, 06:21:25 PM »
welcome now get the taco dirty very dirty

84runner

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 99
  • Member since Dec '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jul 01, 2004, 01:05:30 PM »
Welcome to the baord newbie , the question is since your on your second yota do you still have the same girlfriend ? cause she sounds like a keeper. And post some pics  :thumbs:
RUBICON TESTED BIG BALLS APPROVED

Dark Chaos

• Marlin Crawler
« Reply #5 on: Jul 01, 2004, 06:59:33 PM »
Yes we are now she is on her 3rd 4RUNNER she has a 2004 V8 Sport edition believe it our not she wheels it  I am the passenger until my Transmission gets checked out. Pics of our vehicles she has no problem with but she does not want me to post pics of her sorry guys. We probably would still have the other Runner but some drunken @#$ hole did not total it. Thankfully we were not in it when it happened. It was parked in front of our house we heard this loud crash ran out side and it scraped my truck’s the drivers side front plastic bumper but her vehicle got the worst of it when we get the pictures developed I will have show you guys. She started to cry I was very proud of her that night she has a bad temper to begin with when it comes to her 4RUNNER forget about, I was worried she was going to go after the guy but she did not. I wish you could have seen her face when we went to the Toyota dealership and we were in the middle of test-driving the 4RUNNER when the dealer said so what do you think of it. I said oh I am sold but she told me earlier that she wants the Jeep Liberty instead. She snapped and said F#$% YOU!! I DID NOT!! The dealer sat back and did not say another word the entire test drive. I started laughing then she hit me.   

WHITE_TRASH

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 679
  • Member since Feb '03
  • Don't blame me, I didn't vote for this crap.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jul 01, 2004, 07:03:36 PM »
Now THAT makes her a keeper!
Full hydro, 186:1 with an auto and 44's what could go wrong??

Skinny_Pedal

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 89
  • Male Posts: 2,833
  • Member since Apr '04
  • work so I can support my lifestyle
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #7 on: Jul 01, 2004, 09:20:32 PM »
im glad your gf slapped u. put u back in line. lol keep her around!
Im an OG