Author Topic: Please BE SAFE!  (Read 2194 times)

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
Please BE SAFE!
« on: Nov 17, 2007, 08:17:23 PM »
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

Duffil

• *lurker*
  • Turtle Points: 138
  • Male Posts: 4,844
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • PhotoBucket
    • Buy me a beer
Re: Please BE SAFE!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 17, 2007, 08:22:12 PM »
it just makes us all look really bad. 

79coyotefrg

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #2 on: Nov 17, 2007, 08:28:07 PM »
:headshake:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Nov 17, 2007, 08:52:54 PM »
it just makes us all look really bad. 

I don't think it shines any unkind light on wheelers. If the father was a philatelist, an archer or a bowler and had an accident while on his way to participate in his hobby...no one would judge that hobby by his actions.  I think it shows that people as a whole don't always think about the consequences of their actions and that having children doesn't automatically make you a parent...some are merely breeding stock.

The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

Duffil

• *lurker*
  • Turtle Points: 138
  • Male Posts: 4,844
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • PhotoBucket
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #4 on: Nov 17, 2007, 09:07:53 PM »
I don't think it shines any unkind light on wheelers. If the father was a philatelist, an archer or a bowler and had an accident while on his way to participate in his hobby...no one would judge that hobby by his actions.  I think it shows that people as a whole don't always think about the consequences of their actions and that having children doesn't automatically make you a parent...some are merely breeding stock.

i have to disagree here...we are already in bad light.  here was a drunk father with his kid who was not belted in...Greenies/left wingers could have a ball with this if they choose to.

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Nov 17, 2007, 09:11:01 PM »
i have to disagree here...we are already in bad light.  here was a drunk father with his kid who was not belted in...Greenies/left wingers could have a ball with this if they choose to.

Ok...we'll disagree. No reasonable person would try to gain position from some one else's tragedy and use something like this to further their totalitarian goals...oh, wait...maybe we don't disagree.  :greengrin:
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

fordh8r

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 850
  • Male Posts: 2,588
  • Member since Jan '07
  • when my toyota grows up it'll be just like my chevy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Nov 17, 2007, 10:13:22 PM »
  Given the impression that he was not surrounded by large groups of people enjoying our sport I would say he accomplished only making himself look like a dumb  :moon:.  Not only for operating a vehicle in such a state but by not making sure his passenger was safe and secure before attempting said maneuver and all while on private property (presumably not his property). But mostly for proving he's not fit to be a parent in the first place (we lead by example).  The fact that he was wheeling his rig during this unfortunate incident is easily overshadowed by the other factors involved here. Just my  :twocents:

skipnrocks

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 212
  • Male Posts: 2,363
  • Member since Mar '06
  • DUDE YOU DID WHAT?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Nov 18, 2007, 09:15:37 AM »
Requardless on the light shown on the sport/hobby its too bad some kid had to pay with his life for the mistake of his dad.....    I think its easy for parents to get comfortable and not think about the impact on their kids!!! :inthedark: :inthedark: :inthedark:
Life is too short!!!   Do something with it!!!

WILLYNILLY
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=23944.new#new

unclejpl4x4

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 348
  • Male Posts: 3,522
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Broke & rusted
    • View Profile
    • myspace
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #8 on: Nov 18, 2007, 03:46:18 PM »
 :headshake:
build thread http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39214.0
CB install http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=45467.0
roundeyes http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=33294.0;highlight=round+eyes
LC exhaust head 2 tip, EB RVstreethead O/S valves,EB  268c/torker cam , .20 over , metal t-chain wear pads
MARLIN clutch 1200, master clutch cly

germ

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 349
  • Male Posts: 733
  • Member since Dec '04
  • Work sucks, I'm goin' wheelin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Nov 18, 2007, 09:52:08 PM »
I think it shows that people as a whole don't always think about the consequences of their actions and that having children doesn't automatically make you a parent...some are merely breeding stock

Very well said!!!

I personally don't think this makes wheelers look bad, but it certainly makes this poor fellow look stupid. I do however agree that the enviro-nazi's will use anything to launch an attack on us, and therefore we should be extra careful to not do idiotic things like this. Accidents do happen, and I think this poor guy is paying the ultimate price for his lack of foresight and bad judgment.

Erik
* Regardless of what happens, someone will find a way to take it too seriously.
* 2% rule: Must be 2% smarter than what your working on.
* If you make something even a fool can use, only a fool will use it.
* I've been crapping in the woods longer than lil'buddy has been alive!