Author Topic: USING IFS HUBS DUST SHEILDS AND WHATNOT ELSE bearings  (Read 1350 times)

BoG-ToY

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 594
  • Male Posts: 2,122
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
USING IFS HUBS DUST SHEILDS AND WHATNOT ELSE bearings
« on: Sep 28, 2007, 08:54:26 PM »
ok, so, VERY limited budget. Im not ready to build my badass axle yet......but I need to build something, I dont know if the bearings are good or not......they look alright, but the spindle has spun a bearing before, so dont know if I wanna use it. I know i can use my front bearings from my IFS, what about the dust sheild?  I have a knuckle kit....but not ready to use it yet. its going on my extreme built axle.   

so I need bearings, dust sheilds and I think thats it.......mainly I wanna know if I can use my dust sheilds......Ok, so if I use my IFS bearings, I wanna keep them with the races they are worn too correct? tap them out of the IFS hub and into the SFA hubs?

any info would be great.....But I need a positive anser on the dust sheild, as I cannot take my IFS off without knowing I can put the SFA back on.....
Sand, what fun, drop pressure to 12psi, stock tires are still digging, can't afford to get stuck, 8psi, still not working. Find a place to GET OUT, air up, un-lock hubs,  WAIT whats this, hubs are UN-LOCKED already. 2wd, 8psi, stock tires, Oregon sand dunes.

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
what happened to your SFA dust shield? no u cannot use IFS bearings in the SFA
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

BoG-ToY [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 594
  • Male Posts: 2,122
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
they are the same bearings.......same part number......dust sheilds been cut......Maybe I will talk to a friend whos already cut his IFS off and compare dust sheilds......SFA bearings are pitted, and cant tell for sure if its the one that was spun.....
Sand, what fun, drop pressure to 12psi, stock tires are still digging, can't afford to get stuck, 8psi, still not working. Find a place to GET OUT, air up, un-lock hubs,  WAIT whats this, hubs are UN-LOCKED already. 2wd, 8psi, stock tires, Oregon sand dunes.