Author Topic: Anyone Near Me??  (Read 1688 times)

JoeShmo65

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 291
  • Member since Apr '07
  • Big Red
    • View Profile
Anyone Near Me??
« on: Jul 11, 2007, 04:36:47 PM »
im having major problems with my 1980 toyota p/u and i was wondering if anyone who lives near Middletown, CA would be able to maybe come down and look at the engine see if they have any ideas because at the moment im fresh outa ideas and my engines still having problems  :willynilly: so ya any  :help: would be great thnx
"what was that daddy?"..."Don't worry honey, just a jeep i used for traction, now go back to sleep."
ROFL

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
Re: Anyone Near Me??
« Reply #1 on: Jul 11, 2007, 05:16:32 PM »
whats it  doing Joe :dunno:   refresh my memory
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

weirdtimes_7

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Male Posts: 1,032
  • Member since Nov '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jul 12, 2007, 11:00:24 AM »
Anything yet???

military_stang
:respect:

JoeShmo65 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Apr '07
  • Big Red
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jul 12, 2007, 11:03:51 AM »
lol its one prob after a d@mn nother no im getting bubbles in my gas lines some were from my gas tank to my fuel filter i looked along the lines and saw no leeks tho, wouldnt if i had a leek where air is comming in the gas lines gas also come out of that hole also?? and im also having my probs with my damn carb >(
"what was that daddy?"..."Don't worry honey, just a jeep i used for traction, now go back to sleep."
ROFL

*ROKTOY*

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Male Posts: 1,066
  • Member since Nov '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jul 12, 2007, 02:22:12 PM »
Check your fuel pump output.

skyscraper

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Male Posts: 589
  • Member since Jan '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jul 12, 2007, 04:18:49 PM »
what are the symptoms, will it even run?

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jul 12, 2007, 08:45:15 PM »
lol its one prob after a d@mn nother no im getting bubbles in my gas lines some were from my gas tank to my fuel filter i looked along the lines and saw no leeks tho, wouldnt if i had a leek where air is comming in the gas lines gas also come out of that hole also?? and im also having my probs with my damn carb >(
actually  NO,  because  your mechanical pump  is  sucking   from the engine,  unlike my 79  or a efi where it  pushes  from the tanks

do like i said,  get 8 feet of  rubber fuel line  and  run it to the tank
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

JoeShmo65 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Apr '07
  • Big Red
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jul 14, 2007, 11:07:58 AM »
@79coyote
so even when the trucks not running it wont leek?? and ya i was planning on eventaully doing that also so thatll be my project for today

@toyota
ya itll run and for some reason outa no where it wont idle but other than that if i pump the gas a few times before i try and start it itll start up

@toyguy
my fuel pump out put?? like where the gas goes threw the fuel pump to the carb??
ROFL

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jul 14, 2007, 06:07:08 PM »
@79coyote
so even when the trucks not running it wont leek?? and ya i was planning on eventaully doing that also so thatll be my project for today
right,  if  its a tiny pinhole  the  fuel will  create a suction on the pinhole  allowing air in as the fuel goes back to the tank,
@toyota
ya itll run and for some reason outa no where it wont idle but other than that if i pump the gas a few times before i try and start it itll start up

@toyguy
my fuel pump out put?? like where the gas goes threw the fuel pump to the carb??
yea  get a guage  and  see what pressure  the pump is putting out  its possible  your pump is going bad

JoeShmo65 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Apr '07
  • Big Red
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Jul 15, 2007, 12:44:35 PM »
well i finally found the problem, so yesterday i was getting ready to take the fuel lines off when i decided to see if there was anything in there blocking it so i used the compresser and barly any air came out the other end   :headscratch:so i was a lil confused so i started to take it apart when i found a lil fricken filter inside my d@mn fuel lines  :tantrum: i couldnt believe it i took it out hooked everything up and started up my truck and she ran great i was sooo happy   :biggthumpup: so needless to say im gunna frame that lil piece of s^@# lol

P.S. ill post pic of it 2morow
ROFL

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Jul 15, 2007, 12:50:41 PM »
:shake:

weirdtimes_7

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Male Posts: 1,032
  • Member since Nov '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Jul 16, 2007, 08:06:02 AM »
:hahaha: , it happens to the best of us... how long have you had the truck for???

military_stang
:respect:

JoeShmo65 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Apr '07
  • Big Red
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Jul 17, 2007, 07:07:33 PM »
iev had it for almost a month now and just got the engine into perfect working order so i can start on other parts of it now :P
ROFL