Author Topic: Four Seater Buggies Ideas  (Read 3028 times)

sgt.majorcrash

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Male Posts: 59
  • Member since Sep '06
  • Pleasant Hill, Ca
    • View Profile
Four Seater Buggies Ideas
« on: Jul 15, 2007, 12:24:04 PM »
I am kicking around the idea about a change of plan from my 80 yota to a four seater now with the family getting bigger two seats just don’t cut it. So I have some quick questions and thought that you guy’s might be able to help me out. I am looking at and trying to find four seater buggies and info, I am looking for chassis mostly. Most of the major companies you talk to are of little help unless you want to buy a turnkey. The main issues I am looking at is finding a chassis that do not look like a jeep. So far, my favorite has to be the sniper but at seven or eight grand is on the high side. I think it would be a better deal to find a fab guy and let him build me one. So, do you guys know of some small fab shops that would be willing to build something of the likes?  In addition, most of all what do you think is a far price.   

bigarms23

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 111
  • Male Posts: 2,897
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
Re: Four Seater Buggies Ideas
« Reply #1 on: Jul 15, 2007, 01:08:32 PM »
call up polyperformance in sanluis obispo and those guys will work with you and your family size and come up with a buggie design that will work for you
88 4runner 92 cpi duals 37 radial rockers and 4.8 coming soon

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

snowshoebrue

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 447
  • Male Posts: 1,152
  • Member since Jun '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jul 15, 2007, 08:27:38 PM »
you could always build a formula four.  chassis are only like 1500 and you could use your 80 as a base
http://www.hendrixmotorsports.com/

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jul 15, 2007, 09:01:32 PM »
i just looked @ hendrix site, and it looks like you can even not run a formula four, but a regular formula toy cage that botls to the oem frame and still have 4 seats.... and its pretty fairly priced as well, using the 80....

:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

Gittinit

• throttle jockey!
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 28
  • Male Posts: 2,293
  • Member since Sep '06
  • out from under my rock, and ready to roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jul 16, 2007, 06:00:30 AM »
i just looked @ hendrix site, and it looks like you can even not run a formula four, but a regular formula toy cage that botls to the oem frame and still have 4 seats.... and its pretty fairly priced as well, using the 80....

Good ideas here , but please weld that cage securly to the frame. Bolts are good, but sometimes ya just gotta break out the welder.
Hug your kids, pray for a soldier, and don't sweat the small stuff.

my favorite places:
http://www.flatnasty.net/
http://www.orvpark.com/

– fortysixandtwo – sorry, i prefer marlin because aside from gittinit, no one is a know it all a hole

snowshoebrue

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Jun '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jul 16, 2007, 05:11:56 PM »
i am seriously thinking about building one this winter.  a local guy has one and it looks like it is alot of fun.  plus with a buggy you don't worry about sheetmetal.  marlin has a formula toy section in the forums as does pirate.  there's lots of info about them

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jul 16, 2007, 05:14:35 PM »
i am seriously thinking about building one this winter.  a local guy has one and it looks like it is alot of fun.  plus with a buggy you don't worry about sheetmetal.  marlin has a formula toy section in the forums as does pirate.  there's lots of info about them

and getting rid of your truck? or building it in addition?  :dunno:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

snowshoebrue

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Jun '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jul 16, 2007, 05:19:56 PM »
i dunno if i want to sell my truck and build one or just use my truck to build one.  i'm kinda bored with my truck.  i like it  i just have always liked buggies.  i'm still torn people tell me my truck nice and don't do it and people with formula toys say do it you won't regret it.  i have a whole bunch of parts that i need to install so maybe that will cure my itch for something new

sgt.majorcrash [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Male Posts: 59
  • Member since Sep '06
  • Pleasant Hill, Ca
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Jul 17, 2007, 04:56:29 PM »
I just checked out the Hendrix site and they have some kick ass stuff for the right price. I have to say that the x chassis is exactly what I was looking for, a full on tube buggy that does not look like a dam jeep. Thanks for your help guys.  It looks like I have a frame and a body to sell.