Author Topic: Air Conditioning help  (Read 2048 times)

lilbuddy

• Dried Fruit Warrior
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -234
  • Male Posts: 5,720
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Hella....
    • View Profile
Air Conditioning help
« on: Jul 06, 2007, 04:59:32 PM »
So im having difficulties. I put in the evaporator for my air conditioning and when I did that I lost the 2 and 3 settings for the blower speed (1 never worked in the first place). Only one that works is high! Second problem, i put in a wiring harness for the evaporator (from an 86) and when I turn the blower speed switch from off to on the A/C button glows (when it is on) but it doesnt turn the compressor on. I dont get it!!!

Its on an 86 4runner and as far as I know all the connections are plugged in and working. I dont get why the blower doesnt work on 2 and 3 though!

Any ideas?
RIP Kyota.... you are the man

GET IT!!!

Duffil

• *lurker*
  • Turtle Points: 138
  • Male Posts: 4,844
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • PhotoBucket
    • Buy me a beer
Re: Air Conditioning help
« Reply #1 on: Jul 06, 2007, 05:56:54 PM »
usually the blower only working on high is the blower motor resistor went bad.  Timing seems a little odd though.
On the comp not coming on, I would make sure the compressor clutch coil is good.  Pull the little connector off and shoot 12v to the coil connector, and the clutch should pull in.  Also, is the system charged? It shouldn't come on if there is low or no pressure.

lilbuddy [OP]

• Dried Fruit Warrior
  • Turtle Points: -234
  • Male Posts: 5,720
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Hella....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jul 06, 2007, 06:11:15 PM »
usually the blower only working on high is the blower motor resistor went bad.  Timing seems a little odd though.
On the comp not coming on, I would make sure the compressor clutch coil is good.  Pull the little connector off and shoot 12v to the coil connector, and the clutch should pull in.  Also, is the system charged? It shouldn't come on if there is low or no pressure.

Hmmm Wheres the resistor at?

And The coil on it is good because I put a 12v straight from the batt onto it and it worked dandy. The system is not charged because I just put this into my 4runner...
RIP Kyota.... you are the man

GET IT!!!

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #3 on: Jul 06, 2007, 06:41:58 PM »
if there is no charge in it  the  compressor  wont kick on,

and i suggest having someone  pull a vacuum on the system to  get all the moisture out,  and so  more freon will go in
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #4 on: Jul 06, 2007, 07:42:06 PM »
if there is no charge in it  the  compressor  wont kick on,

and i suggest having someone  pull a vacuum on the system to  get all the moisture out,  and so  more freon will go in

Exactly, the compressor won't start unless there is enough freon pressure to keep the compressor from locking up.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

Duffil

• *lurker*
  • Turtle Points: 138
  • Male Posts: 4,844
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • PhotoBucket
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #5 on: Jul 06, 2007, 07:57:39 PM »

And The coil on it is good because I put a 12v straight from the batt onto it and it worked dandy. The system is not charged because I just put this into my 4runner...
it is behind the clock somewhere IIRC.  Charge that biotch and it oughta work fine.

TRDISMO

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 36
  • Member since Mar '05
  • 4runner Rock Crawling
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jul 07, 2007, 01:52:14 AM »

the resistor is right next to the blower motor below the glove compartment..there should be a plug going into it with two screws on each end                                       _________________     it looks like this..i think its like 1 1/2 x 2 1/2 inches.   
                            /                          /
                            / O                    O /
                            /________________/