Author Topic: The Tacominator  (Read 1209 times)

the-rock-doc

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
The Tacominator
« on: Jun 08, 2007, 06:40:38 PM »
Well I don't have pics yet but I will be trying to machine a pass thru axle for a taco axle so we can make a 6X6 recovery rig outa it.  I will keep ya posted on the results and progress.   So far we stripped everything, we have a Chev 350, SM427, and NP205/205 setup almost ready to go into it.  We are beefing up the frame, trying to figure out a way to combine a 3 link with a leaf spring suspension and a totally new and never seen before hi-steer setup.   

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
Re: The Tacominator
« Reply #1 on: Jun 08, 2007, 06:44:26 PM »
maybe you can use a  fj40 housing  so  the  housing  has  the drop out 3rd AND  a rear cover  :dunno:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

the-rock-doc [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jun 08, 2007, 07:23:06 PM »
Good thinkin bro, I will pass that on to the big man and see what he says.

MagPede

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 484
  • Male Posts: 142
  • Member since May '04
  • BANG!!!
    • View Profile
    • Cardomain page
« Reply #3 on: Jun 08, 2007, 09:05:11 PM »
Sweet man good luck w/ it. I thought of makin my 81 6wd except w/ that deal from usa 6x6.

oh ya.....

:worthless: :worthless: :worthless:
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/486729/1
:respect:

Stupid ricers, useless wings are for penguins.

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #4 on: Jun 09, 2007, 03:05:16 PM »
Good thinkin bro, I will pass that on to the big man and see what he says.
actually   a  fj40  housing  using a  9 inch   third,  since  the 9 inch  has  the extra  support  behind  the pinion gear

the hardest,  or  most expensive  part  will be getting the shaft made

i  have  considered   getting Marlin  to make a  adapter  to use  only  the  rear portion of a tcase   and  bolt it  directly  to a  fj40 pinion   making  a  over the top   like the one usa 6x6  makes

wouldnt really  matter  about  drive shaft angles  on the  two  rear  drives  because  they  should  move  together,  if  you  get what i mean,
a single  leaf spring per side,  inverted  so  the  end  of the leaf  touches the axles,   and  the center pin  of the leaf  is  mounted  to a  solid mount  on the frame
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

the-rock-doc [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jun 09, 2007, 06:02:31 PM »
Yeah I will see what the boss says dude, he was at the comp this morning but I forgot to ask him.

Scott