Author Topic: 94 ext cab 350/ford 9inch-hard steering in 4 lo  (Read 2104 times)

4rox

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 115
  • Male Posts: 122
  • Member since Apr '04
  • Crawling in texas
    • View Profile
94 ext cab 350/ford 9inch-hard steering in 4 lo
« on: Apr 04, 2004, 01:40:20 PM »
 I have a 94 ext cab w/350,ford 9 inch,detroits frt and rear,all pro s.a.s.,hi steer,35 siped boggers,b&m ratchet shifter,turbo 350/toyota 4 cyl transfer case :bowdown:.  I had to use a 4 cyl remote power steering pump due to space :(.When I put it in 4 low ,Its like steering a tractor :mad:.What should I do :screwy:? I rockcrawl alot.I also have an 89 4runner w/custom s.a.s.-crossover steering,detroits frt&rear,7 inch springs frt-6 inch springs rear(no blocks :eyebrow:),v6/automatic,40 inch boggers :shocking:.It steers like a cadillac  :smack:!!!! Whats the deal :o?
I'd rather push a Toyota than drive a Jeep!!!

WHITE_TRASH

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 679
  • Member since Feb '03
  • Don't blame me, I didn't vote for this crap.
    • View Profile
Ive got a buddy with a 383 in his 91 x-cab, when he did the swap he ended up using a pump off of a chevy cavalier with custom brackets from a streer rod vendor it worked out great.  He did that just because of the lack of "power" in his power steering.  Also have you done the typical pump mod yet to boost the flow of the pump yet?
WT
Full hydro, 186:1 with an auto and 44's what could go wrong??

4rox [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Apr '04
  • Crawling in texas
    • View Profile
Ive got a buddy with a 383 in his 91 x-cab, when he did the swap he ended up using a pump off of a chevy cavalier with custom brackets from a streer rod vendor it worked out great.  He did that just because of the lack of "power" in his power steering.  Also have you done the typical pump mod yet to boost the flow of the pump yet?
WT
What year was the cavalier pump from and is it belt driven? Also where did your buddy get the bracket? Check out this pic of my friends' 83 :biggthumpup:.

WHITE_TRASH

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 679
  • Member since Feb '03
  • Don't blame me, I didn't vote for this crap.
    • View Profile
I honestly dont recall it was a couple of years ago and I dont see him much anymore.  I would think that summit would have them.  It wouldnt hurt to ask. 1-800-230-3030 Thats the # for em, if they dont have it you could always pick up an issue of streetrodder magazine they have all kinds of stuff like that.  I think your buddy need to put some lift on that thing!  It seems too low but I bet it rides great nonetheless.  ;)
WT
Full hydro, 186:1 with an auto and 44's what could go wrong??

Red_Runner

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 35
  • Member since Dec '03
  • BODY DAMAGE! I love body damage.
    • View Profile
that lift is nuts :bowdown: :bowdown:

84runner

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 99
  • Member since Dec '02
    • View Profile
welcome to the board new  :greengrin: Got anymore pics of that thing and what about the runner?
RUBICON TESTED BIG BALLS APPROVED

4rox [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Apr '04
  • Crawling in texas
    • View Profile
welcome to the board new  :greengrin: Got anymore pics of that thing and what about the runner?
Some pics of my runner. I'd post more but some of the files are too big :hammer:. If you want to see more,go to frankentaco.com and go to friends rigs-mannys 4runner.