Author Topic: Thanks for all the help new L52 HD is in!  (Read 657 times)

Lonestar Honcho

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Feb '06
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Thanks for all the help new L52 HD is in!
« on: Jul 22, 2006, 10:07:47 PM »
Well, after 12 hrs, my L52 HD is in! :biggthumpup:
Started off slow, with my pilot bushing being a problem. Was gonna get a puller but they wanted $75 for one at NAPA. Thankfully the guys told me of the "poor boy way" in getting the bearing out. Pack the opening with grease and pop.
The other problem I was having was getting the stick out of the shifter housing. Kyota replied to my post and w/in minutes it was off.
Other than that it was slow go. Stabbed the tranny, didn't want to seat all the way in the pilot bearing. This of course after starting half the bolts thinking I'd pull the tranny into position. :smack:

Sucks laying on a piece of carpet and plywood on gravel. No splinters to speak of but I did notice a spot of carpet burn on my elbow.

After about 30 miles of driving, no problems to speak of. Think next time I'm gonna do this job on a lift. Or at least concrete.

Thanks for reading my ramblings and appreciate the help from everyone who replied. :thumbs:
DD '82 Toyota 4WD LWB, L-52HD, 31" BFG's, 3" Skyjacker, Orig. Blue paint with AC.