Author Topic: 1984 4runner: back in my shed where it belongs  (Read 11627 times)

BikerTrash

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 207
  • Member since Aug '06
    • View Profile
Re: 1984 4runner: COMING HOME THIS WEEK!!1!
« Reply #30 on: Mar 03, 2007, 09:16:40 AM »
4runner is back and runner pretty good. The mechanic said that the carb could not be set and that it will need either a rebuild of a replacement. Trying to decide wether to put a Holly 350cfm or a Webber.

Come to find out the hold up has been that the first engine they received to put in had some how been repainted at the factory but not actually rebuilt., I wish they would have just told me what the problem was so I hadn't just though that they where blowing me off the whole time.

Seems to be burning oil but I figure the rings just need to seat them selves. Still probably wont deal with these people again but I am still thrilled to have my truck back. Oh I forgot, I was keeping a close eye on the temp the whole time I was driving home, At interstate speed the temp was glued to 190 but around town at slow speed it would bounce up to about 210 or so but when I came to a full stop it would come back down. I couldn't figure that out so I pulled over and started digging around they had wired my fan wrong, it is set up as a puller but they had wired it as a pusher so i guess at 65 the wind was strong enough to push against the fan, but at 30 it was just a stalemate.

Now I just have to decide what to do next. All the areas I had sandblasted on my fenders have re rusted through the cheep primer I had used, or I have been saying for the past 9 months that I was going to fix the suspension  :snare:.

Well I am going take it around the block again. talk to y'all later
There is a fine line between clever and stupid, I just wish I knew when I crossed it.

84 4runner
02 Suzuki V-Strom
95 Honda 1100C1
06 Ram 2500 4x4
(please note, listed in order of preference)

fade

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -9
  • Male Posts: 1,018
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
Any update on this? Hows that motor holding up? Any thing ever happen with bbb?
96 horunner 3.4 elocker armored
86 mini truck 18" rays
09 highlander
70 suburban

BikerTrash [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 207
  • Member since Aug '06
    • View Profile
Motor is running strong, Met Glen up at barnwell mountain in januarry and he tweeked on the weber and it just screams (compaired to before).  Having a ton of electrical problems though. Had a small electrical fire at golden mountain park a few weeks ago at GSMTR.  No major damage, got it running agian with jumper wires but going to park it and redo the wireing harness and try to simplify things. I have old wireing harnesses under the hood that were hooked up to god knows what but only one wire out of 5 might be used in each plug.

Nothing ever happened with the BBB.

Did a little work on it since the last update (three years ago)

Had some 5.29's installed Spool in the rear, Aussie in the front. On my second Chicago Electric 10K winch (burn the solinoids out in the controller @ Grayrock pulling a busted FJ40 up a hill) Installed staun beadlocks about the same time I bought the 36x12.5 Swamper SX's two of the inner tubes have failed but the shop that installed them wants like 200 dollars to tear them down and replace the tubes...  Bought a manual tire machine and am planning on dismounting them and replacing them my self.

I think thats about it. here are some pictures from a few weekends ago.

There is a fine line between clever and stupid, I just wish I knew when I crossed it.

84 4runner
02 Suzuki V-Strom
95 Honda 1100C1
06 Ram 2500 4x4
(please note, listed in order of preference)