Author Topic: What would you do.....  (Read 1261 times)

MiniSimp

• Outdoor Enthusiast
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 5,120
  • Member since Jan '05
  • SimpsonBrothers.net
    • View Profile
    • Simpson Brothers Photography
What would you do.....
« on: Dec 11, 2005, 06:57:30 PM »
I currently have an 85 rear axle under my truck, I also have another 83 rear axle complete, and I also have a 86 axle complete.

Should I use the 83 for spare parts for my 85, or swap in the 86 and have no spare parts.....that would leave me with 2 axles that I couldn't use.

The 86 would be nice, but already having extra parts for my current sounds nicer. :dunno:  :hammer:

toybuilt

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -275
  • Male Posts: 1,116
  • Member since Feb '05
  • toy + chevy = Toy-vie
    • View Profile
Re: What would you do.....
« Reply #1 on: Dec 11, 2005, 07:01:34 PM »
I would say that it comes down to the width of the axles, if you care about 1.5" wider axle or not.
2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road

1983 Toyota Turned Chevy

Treat every day like its your last, because you never know when your time is up. In loving memory of Judstin.

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #2 on: Dec 11, 2005, 07:01:48 PM »
Keep the 85 in save the 83 for parts, save the 86 when you break everything else. :gap:
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

KWP

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 878
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Ghost Hunter
    • View Profile
    • East Central Oklahoma Paranormal Society
« Reply #3 on: Dec 11, 2005, 07:02:27 PM »
 Going with the 86 means you can buy stronger aftermarket axle shafts and you will have bigger brakes. You could always sell the other two to purchase said axle shafts and use your stockers for trail spares. :dunno:
88 Toyota truck ( Under Construction ) Dana 60's front and rear 5.38's, welded diffs, 3inch Downey rears up front,one link rear with aerostar coils rolling on 39.5x16.50/17 Pittbull Rockers and 17x9 Pro Comp extreme alloys.http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=40816.0

crawlerdan

• Turtle Points: 1319
  • Male Posts: 4,770
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Dec 11, 2005, 07:06:00 PM »
I currently have an 85 rear axle under my truck, I also have another 83 rear axle complete, and I also have a 86 axle complete.

Should I use the 83 for spare parts for my 85, or swap in the 86 and have no spare parts.....that would leave me with 2 axles that I couldn't use.

The 86 would be nice, but already having extra parts for my current sounds nicer. :dunno:  :hammer:
i say 86, how often do you need spare axleshafts in your truck?

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Dec 11, 2005, 07:31:24 PM »
Put the 86 in...sell the others to Sammi owners, with the proceeds buy HD aftermarket stuff
Mark

The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)