Author Topic: Propane in your truck?! good? bad? anyone know!?  (Read 2927 times)

Crawling82toyota

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Member since Aug '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Propane in your truck?! good? bad? anyone know!?
« on: Aug 19, 2005, 11:38:37 AM »
alright, well i have been reading into converting my truck to run just on propane, i am sick of my carb holding my truck back on the trails...and i just dont want to put awhole new engine in my truck....i have a 82 toyota.....22r...it smokes a little...but what 22r doest?   :rofl2:    so i have been looking here....www.gotpropane.com     anyone heard of anyone actually using it?  i just want to see what other people think of it before i get myself into it!  thanks...

whiteman

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 669
  • Male Posts: 1,276
  • Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
I dont know much about it but I do know a few people who run it on their desiles,  They get like 25-30 mpg with it.  So they say? :dunno:   I dont know how much more power you would get.

decyfer

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 36
  • Male Posts: 240
  • Member since Mar '05
  • look at that ass
    • View Profile
    • my little business
" Pageing KYOTA....KOYOTA to the front counter"

once he sees this thread you'll have all you answers
is it bad when you unplug the power wire from your stereo and it still plays

CTENG in KS

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -501
  • Male Posts: 4,295
  • Member since Jun '04
  • ^Alfred the Great
    • View Profile
    • CTENG's Eco-Rant
" Pageing KYOTA....KOYOTA to the front counter"

once he sees this thread you'll have all you answers

Naw, his tank exploded, he won't be back...I wouldn't run propane, too risky...you'll explode for sure.   :greengrin:
IFS is best kept at ambient temperature in a pile of scrap in the backyard.  When kept under a functioning vehicle, it tends to greatly diminish said vehicle's offroad ability.     -reklund5

4Runner: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=4580.0
Beastmaster: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=34339.0

decyfer

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 36
  • Male Posts: 240
  • Member since Mar '05
  • look at that ass
    • View Profile
    • my little business
holy crap thats nasty. did he get mangled
is it bad when you unplug the power wire from your stereo and it still plays

crawlerdan

• Turtle Points: 1319
  • Male Posts: 4,770
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
alright, well i have been reading into converting my truck to run just on propane, i am sick of my carb holding my truck back on the trails...and i just dont want to put awhole new engine in my truck....i have a 82 toyota.....22r...it smokes a little...but what 22r doest?   :rofl2:    so i have been looking here....www.gotpropane.com     anyone heard of anyone actually using it?  i just want to see what other people think of it before i get myself into it!  thanks...

umm...mine doesnt smoke? :nope:

CTENG in KS

• Member since Jun '04
  • ^Alfred the Great
    • View Profile
    • CTENG's Eco-Rant
holy crap thats nasty. did he get mangled

Tank took his head clean off!   :hammerhead:
IFS is best kept at ambient temperature in a pile of scrap in the backyard.  When kept under a functioning vehicle, it tends to greatly diminish said vehicle's offroad ability.     -reklund5

- Sales Employee -

freds40

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 293
  • Male Posts: 2,331
  • Member since Dec '02
    • View Profile
Well for Propane, Cary seems to be the guy to talk to. I am ready to buy for my small block, haven't dropped any cash yet but I have talked to Cary on the phone a few times over the past week. I have had some questions and he has called with various options for my application. Great guy, extremely knowlegable and a well priced kit. Some say it's expensive compared to the other "guy" but you get all New parts with no metal on metal wear and it is %95 complete (you provide the tank). I hope to be sending some cash his way in the next few days.
"between projects"

brainlessfool

• It's not my problem if you can't hear the voices too.
  • Turtle Points: 2730
  • Male Posts: 4,207
  • Member since Jun '02
  • drive fast or the devil may get ya
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
Tank took his head clean off!   :hammerhead:

Well kinda, it took his body clean off. his head is on life sapport and portland gen. hospital.
there going to try to put it back on in a few days after all the docs are finished  :haha:
A good day working, that's just sick :reg:

Yota_Gotta_Krawl

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 93
  • Male Posts: 172
  • Member since Jun '05
  • SAS 96 Geo Tracker/ 240sx Nissan ( Turbo)
    • View Profile
I heard they putting his head in a tank, just like on that there futuerama show thinger :red_eyes:
I like my cars low and fast and my trucks tall and slllloooowwwww

Crawling82toyota [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Member since Aug '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Well for Propane, Cary seems to be the guy to talk to. I am ready to buy for my small block, haven't dropped any cash yet but I have talked to Cary on the phone a few times over the past week. I have had some questions and he has called with various options for my application. Great guy, extremely knowlegable and a well priced kit. Some say it's expensive compared to the other "guy" but you get all New parts with no metal on metal wear and it is %95 complete (you provide the tank). I hope to be sending some cash his way in the next few days.

Who is Cary? Is he someone at gotpropane.com?

Dreadnought

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Member since Jun '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Cary is the owner of gotpropane.com & Cary's auto.  He has posted quite a bit here & on pirate4x4.com.  He has a great product and I would buy his kit over the other "guy" anyday of the week. All new parts, no metal wear, etc.  This is a good thread on Pboard about both of them now.The only negative things you will ever hear is by cheap ass DIY'ers who want to piece together old used junk and pinch pennies.

:turtle:

- Sales Employee -

freds40

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 293
  • Male Posts: 2,331
  • Member since Dec '02
    • View Profile
Yup Cary is a great guy. He has a nice chunk of cash on the way from me now.  :eyebrow:  He worked with me quite a bit on my specific setup. Main thing between Cary and the other main LPG distributor is that Cary uses only new parts and his mixer should last 30 yrs. if installed properly. The other setup uses used Impcos that are roughly already 30 yrs. old. The impcos have a lot of metal on metal contact areas and so have a lot of metal wear that is not repaired by rebuilding the diaphram and such. The Impcos tend to burn more fuel with age due to this added wear. Cary's kit is all new stuff and given the other guys econo setup will run roughly $600 for used/rebuilt parts by the time you're done, Cary's price for all new parts isn't too bad. Not trying to stroke him too much but he is a great sales person and he is willing to do what it takes to make a sale and he definately went above and beyond with me. Can't wait to get it hooked up.
"between projects"

CTENG in KS

• Member since Jun '04
  • ^Alfred the Great
    • View Profile
    • CTENG's Eco-Rant
I heard they putting his head in a tank, just like on that there futuerama show thinger :red_eyes:

You guys got it all wrong...the head is cryogenically frozen next to Ted William's.   :yesnod:

KYOTA

• Turtle Points: 1759
  • Member since Jan '04
  • Wreckin Ball '09
    • View Profile
WOW! a lot os sh*t gets brewed up in an afternoon when your not around doesnt it :talkingn: 

I just did Carys kit on my 22R and love it, everything my truck puked on with a carb it just keeps motorin'. If your serious about it give Cary a call at 480.430.8033 or http://www.gotpropane.com/p1.html. Hell answer all questions you could possibly have, super nice guy and his customer service is right up there with Mr. Marlin

heres the write up thread on my conversion
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=13723.0