Author Topic: Components in Dual Case Adapter MC-07; I Don't think I have them all  (Read 1019 times)

lifted94xlt

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Jan '13
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Hello, I am building my doubler setup and I have run into a problem. I am to the point in the instructions where I set the 2.28 low range gear onto the doubler's output shaft, inset the 1/4" detent ball and slide the "new" thrust washer (from the kit) over the detent ball.... My problem is that I don't have the new thrust washer in my kit. I compared the pictures on Marlin's site showing the components included to what I have, and instead of having a thrust washer, I have this small "snap ring looking thing." I wanna know if I mistake was made while boxing my kit or if possibly this small "snap right thing" has replaced the thrust washer pictured. Thanks for any help y'all can give me.....

Picture from site showing thrust washer....

What my kit came with (studs, washers, lock washers, and nuts not pictured). Part with arrow to it is the part that is the new part I'm questioning.

--Ryan

IronClad

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 635
  • Male Posts: 2,284
  • Member since Feb '05
  • Annihilation Fabrication
    • View Profile
that would be a snap ring for the tcase shifter
Annihilation  Fabrication
Do you need a Hammer?
My build thingy... http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39885.0
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Word hard, Keep your head in the game and if anyone gets in your way tell them you don't give a damn !

lifted94xlt [OP]

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Jan '13
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
so I guess then I didn't get the thrust washer in my kit. So much for getting this thing done tonight.  :shake_head:  I'll be giving them a call Monday. Thanks for the help.

--Ryan