Author Topic: 1981 Toyota Trekker for sale in Minnesota  (Read 3194 times)

Opias

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
1981 Toyota Trekker for sale in Minnesota
« on: May 31, 2012, 09:01:07 AM »
For sale is my 1981 Toyota Trekker. Lots of details here as this is a unique truck, but overview is: body is in relatively good shape save for a few rust spots on front fenders and one small rust spot on door. Entire truck is fiberglass behind the cab, fiberglass is in 'fair' shape. Modified with rear Chevrolet springs giving quite a bit of lift from stock Toyota springs, Trail Gear lift springs installed in the front. Comes with 33x12.50 Grabber mud tires, not much tread left on tires.

Interior is in 'fair' shape, I had always planned on replacing the indoor/outdoor carpeting to make it look nicer but it is functional. No rear seats, seatbelts and mounts are still intact if you wanted to install rear seats. My Trekker is the SR5 model, or the 1981 equivalent of the SR5 model, so it has tilt wheel, comfortable seats with lumbar controls, center console, and moonroof.

Custom bumpers front and rear, aftermarket rear shocks, new exhaust from the catalytic back (very quiet and nicely done). Touch the key and it starts. Very good runner.

Truck has 22R motor with aftermarket Weber carburetor installed, this gave a noticeable power difference when I installed it but with the big tires and small stock motor it still takes some effort to get it up to 60mph. Odometer reads 80,000 miles even; this is not correct. Not sure as to the original miles on this truck unfortunately. It really does run great and is a fun truck to drive, turns heads wherever it goes and all things considered the paint and body are actually in remarkably good shape for a truck this old.

There is a lot more to mention so please e-mail me at mikekaduce@gmail.com if you are interested or would like any additional information. Here are some pictures of the Trekker: http://imgur.com/a/aS8si I am asking $2000 for this truck and while I will definitely entertain offers, I'd like to see close to that out of it.