Author Topic: Brobama rejects Keystone  (Read 3542 times)

Stocker

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 962
  • Male Posts: 173
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Since 1977
    • View Profile
Brobama rejects Keystone
« on: Jan 18, 2012, 10:55:15 AM »
The pipeline, not the beer. Canada wants to supply us with more oil, and if we don't want it, they'll likely ship it to China. We would need to build a pipeline from Canada to the gulf (jobs + energy sounds like a good thing) but obama says no.  :thumbdown:

Just what am I missing here????  :headscratch:

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-obama-administration-to-reject-keystone-xl-pipeline-20120118,0,999641.story
My goal in life is to be as a good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

If you don't learn something every day, you're not paying attention.

TacoRunner

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 19177
  • Male Posts: 2,324
  • Member since Feb '04
  • The 1st 3RZ swap 99'-01'
    • View Profile
    • 4wheelunderground
Re: Brobama rejects Keystone
« Reply #1 on: Jan 18, 2012, 11:02:19 AM »
He wants the countries economy to fail, so the people have to rely on the government more. Its called control.
www.4WHEELUNDERGROUND.com
info@4wheelunderground.com
AKA The GODFATHER The 3RZ Original

Performance Tuned shocks for Leaf Sprung Vehicles   http://www.4wheelunderground.com/Tuning.html

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jan 18, 2012, 12:02:36 PM »
He rejects American exceptionalism and wants us only to have our just desserts...we've been to big for our britches for far too long!
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

HULK

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 306
  • Male Posts: 164
  • Member since Dec '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2012, 04:18:06 PM »
I agree with Stocker, anything to create jobs.  I am tired of seeing him intentionally finding ways to make this economy fail. All politicians care about is what goes in their pockets, as ours get emptied.  My wife has been searching for a damn job for a while, and it keeps going to others.  When she gets one, she loses her job because of a$$holes in india.  I hate india and all the morons in it.  F!@$ them all!  I miss Reagan, he actually made this country strong.  Everyone had jobs, money to spend, I'm not republican or democrat or anything, I just want someone who can run this country back strong again.

Zs Confederate Toy

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 1,146
  • Member since Mar '11
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #4 on: Jan 18, 2012, 04:56:55 PM »
I totally agree. We need the jobs that the project will bring and with that the economy. Even just to keep it out of the enemys hands. But thats not what its about at all. Its about the money they can make and the money they can spend to put this country further in the shitter. It doesnt even have to come from Canada. We could boot Obamas ass out and make it ok to drill on AMERICAN soil again.
I have been lookin for a job for over a year now and the only one that I have been able to find is at a friggin movie theater. I would gladly help build a pipeline.
ZACH
87 Rock Rat X
80 SR5 The Shady Lady
Trail Junky

Zs Confederate Toy

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Mar '11
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #5 on: Jan 18, 2012, 04:58:23 PM »
EDIT: Crappy post by me
ZACH
87 Rock Rat X
80 SR5 The Shady Lady
Trail Junky

fj-rankenstein

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Male Posts: 583
  • Member since Jan '05
  • my yard looks like toyota circa 1980
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jan 18, 2012, 05:00:49 PM »
i dont live all that far away from where this pipeline would be built and its crazy to think that the usa would turn down this economic oportunity.. its good for both sides of the border..     i think you guys are going to find that as more bad decisions are made, canada is not willing to wait around and depend on the USA for our exports to sell such as wheat, oil, potash, etc...  from what i get from the news, Canada is hoping to strengthen our economy even further by pushing the whole overseas exports and gain strengh in international trading being that the U.S. is hard to deal with..     i though obama was going to be a good thing for you guys with some of the ideas he was pushing but now i feel he is making a lot of bad decisions that are hurting your already hurting economy. that being said, from the outside looking in, your economy has been taking a downturn well before this president.. it just that this president hasnt done much to stimulate any kind of growth...  hopefully you guys can turn it around a bit.. i dont wish hard times on anyone..  unfortunatly i dont see a really clear choice of who the potential next president could be..  the pickings seem a bit worse this time around than last time based on some of the stupid things some of them are saying or promising..
the never ending build...
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=12165.0;highlight=extend-a-toy

Was searching for something and came across this old jew. BUMP to a classic thread :thumbs:

locked 4x4

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 466
  • Member since Aug '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jan 18, 2012, 05:13:01 PM »
ok, so im not real big into politics and picking sides on who is right and wrong but I do believe in common sense.  If the pipeline did get turned down their must been some reason.  What are the cons of building the pipeline?? 

brainlessfool

• It's not my problem if you can't hear the voices too.
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2730
  • Male Posts: 4,207
  • Member since Jun '02
  • drive fast or the devil may get ya
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
« Reply #8 on: Jan 18, 2012, 05:52:58 PM »
ok, so im not real big into politics and picking sides on who is right and wrong but I do believe in common sense.  If the pipeline did get turned down their must been some reason.  What are the cons of building the pipeline?? 

Glad you asked, not everyone knows or cares about all the little aniamls that would be hurt by biulding
this awful pipeline. many mice would sufer and lots of ants would be run over by heavy trucks.
and don't get me started on what happens when you have to take it over a river. poor fish.
and the fumes that the welders let into our air, yuck. this pipeline is bad news for sure.
ok so it wouold have made for about 10K well paying jobs and helped us impoprt less oil from the
mideast butt come on just ride your bike to work 3 days a week and who needs this ant killing
smog making pipeline? not me.
A good day working, that's just sick :reg:

Dingman.

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1125
  • Male Posts: 3,448
  • Member since Oct '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Jan 18, 2012, 05:59:01 PM »
Wow..  just wow

brainlessfool

• Member since Jun '02
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
« Reply #10 on: Jan 18, 2012, 06:05:08 PM »
Wow..  just wow

same way I feel every time I see a skunk or possom on the road.  :rivers:

Zs Confederate Toy

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Mar '11
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #11 on: Jan 18, 2012, 06:55:25 PM »
ZACH
87 Rock Rat X
80 SR5 The Shady Lady
Trail Junky

Stocker [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Since 1977
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Jan 18, 2012, 07:12:47 PM »
As I understand it (at the risk of over-simplification) there are a couple of environmental concerns.

1. Nebraska is concerned that a pipeline leak would damage their aquifer. Legitimate concern but way overblown IMO. If the Alaskan pipeline could be designed some 40 years ago and built across terrain infinitely more difficult (including three mountain ranges), more pristine & environmentally sensitive, one would think a reasonably safe pipeline could be placed through Nebraska.

2. This one I have even more difficulty with. "Environmentalists" don't like oil from oil sands because it's "dirtier" than oil from a drilled well. It's harder to get and harder to refine. Here's the thing -- it's gonna be produced (by Canada) and we we don't want it, other nations will happily take it. Meanwhile, our supplies will continue to suffer.

Canada is our next-door neighbor, and a friendly neighbor at that. It makes more sense to trade with them than to depend on unreliable sources. Obama's siding with the "environmentalists" on this issue is, IMHO, incredibly short-sighted and irresponsible. If he gets his way, we'll be passing up a golden opportunity to help ourselves as a nation, creating greater economic strength and a more stable energy supply.

Stocker [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Since 1977
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Jan 18, 2012, 07:14:13 PM »
Wow..  just wow
I wouldn't take anything brainless says too seriously, if ya know what I mean. Consider the source....

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Jan 18, 2012, 07:16:32 PM »
As I understand it (at the risk of over-simplification) there are a couple of environmental concerns.

1. Nebraska is concerned that a pipeline leak would damage their aquifer. Legitimate concern but way overblown IMO. If the Alaskan pipeline could be designed some 40 years ago and built across terrain infinitely more difficult (including three mountain ranges), more pristine & environmentally sensitive, one would think a reasonably safe pipeline could be placed through Nebraska.

2. This one I have even more difficulty with. "Environmentalists" don't like oil from oil sands because it's "dirtier" than oil from a drilled well. It's harder to get and harder to refine. Here's the thing -- it's gonna be produced (by Canada) and we we don't want it, other nations will happily take it. Meanwhile, our supplies will continue to suffer.

Canada is our next-door neighbor, and a friendly neighbor at that. It makes more sense to trade with them than to depend on unreliable sources. Obama's siding with the "environmentalists" on this issue is, IMHO, incredibly short-sighted and irresponsible. If he gets his way, we'll be passing up a golden opportunity to help ourselves as a nation, creating greater economic strength and a more stable energy supply.

Its also important to note that pesticide run off from agriculture poses a bigger threat to the natural aquifer anyway.
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

brainlessfool

• Member since Jun '02
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
« Reply #15 on: Jan 18, 2012, 07:26:26 PM »
Its also important to note that pesticide run off from agriculture poses a bigger threat to the natural aquifer anyway.

WHAT?!?!?! that's it we need to stop all farming NOW!

84ToyCrawler

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Male Posts: 51
  • Member since Nov '11
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Jan 18, 2012, 07:50:18 PM »
If you look at the map where the pipe line is going to put there is already pipe's
up there and NO leak's...... Just pipe's
Rock crusher

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Jan 18, 2012, 07:57:52 PM »

Irrigation intensive ag practices are the biggest threat.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

HULK

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Dec '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Jan 18, 2012, 09:39:39 PM »
Screw environmentalists.  They are a bunch of salad tossing freaks.  Don't hurt the fish or the animals.  Animals are there for us to BBQ, that is it.  If it is an animal, it is food.  If the animal is endangered, they are obviously stupid ones anyways, so I could care less.  If it creates jobs, I agree with Zs Confederate Toy, make jobs.  I also agree with Stocker, Canada is very friendly.  I visited there years ago, and man people are nice and helpful there.  If I ever had to leave California, I would only move if it was there.  Nice people.

BadnewsBob

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 9
  • Male Posts: 350
  • Member since Sep '11
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #19 on: Jan 18, 2012, 09:45:21 PM »
There is a place for all the animals........right next to the taters and green beans.
AE2 USN ret
No matter where ya go..... there ya are.
Hillbilly Offroad
84 xtra cab on 63" chevies and RUF 35" KM2s 22R 5 speed DTC 5.29s Locked front and rear.

HULK

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Dec '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Jan 18, 2012, 10:18:52 PM »
BadnewsBob...I couldn't agree with you more.  They are food. :yesnod:

Zs Confederate Toy

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Mar '11
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #21 on: Jan 18, 2012, 10:44:41 PM »
BadnewsBob...I couldn't agree with you more.  They are food. :yesnod:
Agreed!
ZACH
87 Rock Rat X
80 SR5 The Shady Lady
Trail Junky

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #22 on: Jan 18, 2012, 11:42:17 PM »
The Repubs should have never caved on the jobs bill, they had him in a corner that he could not fight his way out of and the Senate took off leaving the Reps holding the bag. Sure things would have got bad for those unemployed (my wife being one) but if they would have stood their ground we'd have our pipeline. Now that he bought the time he rejects it saying there was not enough time, uh hello that bill for the pipeline has been sitting on his desk for the entire time he has been president. Oh well $5.00 a gallon gas is now just around the bend.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

Zs Confederate Toy

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Mar '11
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #23 on: Jan 18, 2012, 11:45:24 PM »
Well what do you expect when you elect someone who has never ran anything in his entire life President. He has no effing idea how to run anything, not even a candy store! How the hell can he run an entire country??
ZACH
87 Rock Rat X
80 SR5 The Shady Lady
Trail Junky

brainlessfool

• Member since Jun '02
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
« Reply #24 on: Jan 19, 2012, 05:32:37 PM »
There is a place for all the animals........right next to the taters and green beans.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

who can you eat "fur peaple"? I've made it to fith level vegon. I don't eat anything that casts a shadow.

HULK

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Dec '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Jan 19, 2012, 06:02:46 PM »
MEAT IS YUMMY. :beerchug:

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Jan 19, 2012, 07:40:32 PM »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

who can you eat "fur peaple"? I've made it to fith level vegon. I don't eat anything that casts a shadow.

So...you celebate now?

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

brainlessfool

• Member since Jun '02
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
« Reply #27 on: Jan 20, 2012, 05:36:07 PM »
So...you celebate now?

by licking the moss off of rocks. :love:

TacoRunner

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 19177
  • Male Posts: 2,324
  • Member since Feb '04
  • The 1st 3RZ swap 99'-01'
    • View Profile
    • 4wheelunderground
« Reply #28 on: Jan 20, 2012, 06:16:49 PM »
I too wish we had Regan back. However I dont want to mine oil from oil sands because its a strip mine kind of operation. I fine with drilling but mining hundreds of feet down and miles across for oil is stupid in my opinion. Obama needs to walk off a cliff in my opinion. He is Communist and his kind of change is what puts countries in to economical depressions that last life times.
www.4WHEELUNDERGROUND.com
info@4wheelunderground.com
AKA The GODFATHER The 3RZ Original

Performance Tuned shocks for Leaf Sprung Vehicles   http://www.4wheelunderground.com/Tuning.html