Author Topic: new super swampers  (Read 8615 times)

H8PVMNT

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 452
  • Male Posts: 3,554
  • Member since May '07
  • I'LL NEVER MAKE IT...
    • View Profile
Re: new super swampers
« Reply #30 on: Aug 11, 2010, 02:51:13 PM »
I think LTBs are OK but I'm not going to buy a tire made in china if I have a choice.  TSLs are still made in USA as far as I know though...

I really want to try some smaller sized pitt bull radials on something.
“I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth.”
– Steve McQueen

"Except for maybe Seattle."  -H8PVMNT

"I plan to hit 300k in this truck"  :)bestgen4runner

"I'm jealous of your shop. It has concrete and doesn't smell like pickles like the old shop  "  300K

earfarmer

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Aug '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Aug 20, 2010, 10:33:54 AM »
I use 33X14.5/r15 Super Swamper ssr and have had good luck with them. I do see the trend of 15in rim size leaving though.

LowSantorin

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Nov '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sep 15, 2010, 01:25:53 PM »
A Ford, a 4stroke that's funny. That's a 7.3 truck so I take reliability no matter who makes it. And 4 strokes suck that's why every pro is on one.
To the op, every one knows moab has the best traction in the country. A very built tj,linked,tons, whole shabang. Beadlocked on 40 ltbs he struggled all week and I have vids to prove it. Less then 10psi all the way around. Rock pile up on pritchette canyon, he tried for 20 min and never made it. Tsl in the group walked it. Another ledge on goldbar, never made it. Tsl walked it. Type in rocker knocker on you tube and watch how easy folks make that. He had to beat on it and I think the only reason he made it was because of the spare irok on the front. Here on the east coast, hammered down every trail he tried. The first tire I bought when I started was the 34ltb. Got a slab in a creek bed we go play around on, I never made it holding my 4.3 to the floor. All my buddies with all terrains and mud terrains were laughing at me cause they were driving circles around me.  But that's my experience and where I draw my conclusion.

I have the exact opposite of your story with built yotas on 38s and 40s sturggling on rocks where a 33 13.5 15 ltb on a yota walked right up.  To each his own but i personally love the LTBs and have also had numerous TSL set before LTBs.  What i really want to try is the PB rockers.  Oh and as far as dependability how is that ford tranny?  Oh and i could get into your 4stro "knowledge" but i'll save that :)

250f4life

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -2
  • Male Posts: 14
  • Member since Aug '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Sep 16, 2010, 01:34:45 PM »
Really? Built yotas on 38's and 40's not making it and then some 33 walking it?? HHHmmm, I wouldnt know cause from past experience id prefer not to have a crutch in my group. As far as my Ford tranny's reliabiltiy all 6 gears in my zf6 seem to be just fine. I never said I knew everything about 4 strokes either. As far as the Rockers ive had those to, great tire if the people who manufacture them could read a measuring tape.
85 sr5 x-tra cab, D60-D70, 7.17's, 4.3/th350/203-205/F.O.A's, linked. 40 Mtr stickies.
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=852075&highlight=

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Sep 16, 2010, 07:43:11 PM »
And 4 strokes suck that's why every pro is on one.

Totally off subject, but to bust your theory, every pro is one one because the industry went away from 2 strokes.  I can guarentee you a fair contingent of pros and novice alike would gladly go back to 2 strokes if they coulda taken the technology a bit further and come out with cleaner emissions.
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

250f4life

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -2
  • Male Posts: 14
  • Member since Aug '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Sep 17, 2010, 08:25:34 AM »
I agree to an extent, don't get me wrong id love to hear a field full of 2 strokes at a national getting it on. That has to be the sweetest sound ever, and the smell of premix in the Georgia Dome, i wish they made air freshners that smelled that good.  :beer: Im sure the greenies have something to do with the death of the 2 stroke, but honestly I think its just evolution of the sport. There is a place for both bikes, outdoors four strokes own the track. Carmicheal even said that in an interview after he got beat heads up by Windam in like 05. Before Kawi came out with the 4 stroke, they built James Stewart a 250 that he even said was scary to ride. The problem was trying to ride a 250 with that much power for 30min trying to keep up with the Goat on a 450. Indoors the 2 stroke is missed, Chad Reed's lap times on the 250 were faster than on the 450 when compared side by side. He was pressured into riding the 450 cause thats where R&D money was being spent. 125's on the other hand needed more dispacement to run with the 250 period. Yeah Travis Preston did win a championship on a cr125 with 250f's in the mix. You can't compare James Stewarts performance on a 125, well because he James Stewart. In the Hare Scramble/Enduro scene here on the east coast 2 strokes make up more than half the field. Mainly cause of weight and its not trying to pull yours arms off for hours like the 450.
Sorry for the long post, its just my opinion. Now back on topic?
85 sr5 x-tra cab, D60-D70, 7.17's, 4.3/th350/203-205/F.O.A's, linked. 40 Mtr stickies.
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=852075&highlight=

YotaTodd

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 68
  • Member since Dec '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Nov 19, 2010, 11:29:50 AM »
I thought this was a forum on tires not dirt bikes

REG535

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -287
  • Male Posts: 1,083
  • Member since Jul '07
  • Shes traveling to many celestial worlds
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
« Reply #37 on: Dec 24, 2010, 09:33:23 PM »
how do the sx's do in the snow?
85 Marble' Black and White (x-cab)
84 RedTurtle' Red with White Top added Marlin Turtle Shift Knob (All Stock) :silly:

1slowhatch

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Nov '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Feb 23, 2011, 05:02:31 PM »
I have the exact opposite of your story with built yotas on 38s and 40s sturggling on rocks where a 33 13.5 15 ltb on a yota walked right up.  To each his own but i personally love the LTBs and have also had numerous TSL set before LTBs.  What i really want to try is the PB rockers.  Oh and as far as dependability how is that ford tranny?  Oh and i could get into your 4stro "knowledge" but i'll save that :)

i really like my 34" ltbs. tough tire!

Redbeard1

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 54
  • Male Posts: 414
  • Member since Mar '07
    • View Profile
    • Project Pete
« Reply #39 on: Mar 02, 2011, 08:23:38 AM »
Ltb's suck plain and simple. Its a tire made in china  and the traction sucks.

I guess China has been relocated to Rayne, Louisiana...
If you dont stand behind our Troops... you can stand infront of them...
Project Pete==> http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=43370.0
85 Toy: Built 22re, locked F, spooled R, 5.29's, R151F, MCO7 duals, Sky x-member 37 MT/R's on jack stands  

RIP Bobby Long