Author Topic: Resurrecting 85 4runner need some help with 22RE accessories  (Read 2082 times)

TheGaJoker

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Aug '09
    • View Profile
Ok crawlers, I have an 85 4runner 22RE, whats the gold valve on the plenum with power steering  vacuum lines?? going to it, whats it for and how should it be connected, also I have a2 connectors lying over the valve coverone is a green plug and the other is white, one has 2 white wires with a green and red stripe on each, the other one black and a black with yellow stripe, I have no vsv's on the valve cover, whats missing? Thanks crawlers Im new to Yotas and learning every day.

wakkjobb

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -18
  • Male Posts: 1,590
  • Member since Dec '08
  • Back at it after 5 years!
    • View Profile
Without pics I'd guess the gold valve is the p/s idle-up fitting; the two vac lines hook to a fitting on the p/s pump to help low-idle turning. It raises the RPMs if you're turning at a dead stop/low speed. Have the same stuff in my 85 Supra; I just capped mine off.

As for the other connectors... you got a wiring diagram? I'm not familiar with truck/Runner wiring yet. Maybe cruise or something?  :dunno:

>>Dan
ASE certified shadetree mechanic and spoon operator
IronClad: If I wanted to hold hands and be nice I'd become a hippie.
85 4Runner, duals, 38s, 5.29s, locked, 3.4 swapped, GranVille Edition

TheGaJoker [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Aug '09
    • View Profile
Thanks that makes sense, Im just wondering how the all the lines hook up to the p/s valve. the previous owner had the line coming off the fuel pressure regulator plugged into the small curved outlet on the valve. Does anybody know where the fuel press. reg. line is supposed to connect to?

TheGaJoker [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Aug '09
    • View Profile
Hey guys also my truck is missing all the vsv's.  Is somebody familiar enough with the 85 22RE to walk me through the VSV set-up. Is there a fuel pressure vsv? or and a/c idle up vsv??

lilstomper

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Male Posts: 29
  • Member since Nov '07
  • sittin in disney oklhoma
    • View Profile
not to sound like a prude but if you go get a chiltons book(fsm)it will tell you what you ask..i went thru the same thing and if i could find my book id tell you
1tons babbby

TheGaJoker [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Aug '09
    • View Profile
sorry dude, thatnks for the input but I have both FSM and Chiltons, but no indepth infor one vsv's.

myyota

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Male Posts: 120
  • Member since Nov '06
    • View Profile
You don`t need the VSV for the fuel presure regulator, just hook the vacuum line from the regulator to a vacuum port on the intake. The other VSV is for the A/C if you have it, otherwise its not needed.
86 4Runner
Solid Axle Swap, 5'' Of Lift, 37x12.50-15 MTR Tires, 5 Speed Manual Swap, Inchworm Duel Cases With 5.7 Gears, 63'' Chevy Springs In The Rear, 5''Trail Gear Springs In Front, Marlin Crawler Third Members, 4.88 Gears With A Detroit In The Rear, High Pinion Front With 4.88 Gears and an ARB, Downey Header, Optima Battery, Trail Gear Sliders.

Confederate13

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Male Posts: 28
  • Member since Nov '09
    • View Profile
if you look at the very last topic in your chiltons you will find all your vac. diagrams and I know it will take a minute to find it but they have wiring diagrams in there two. just look harder. :willynilly:
THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN.