Author Topic: Found free diesel motors, aisin hubs and at least one 12 bolt axle.  (Read 3137 times)

Hawk Thor

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 5
  • Male Posts: 112
  • Member since May '08
    • View Profile
Thats right boys, I now have access to a farm that has so many old, wrecked or just abandoned vehicles.

My girlfriends family has some land and a part of it is full of cars and trucks that locals have left there to rot. The area is pretty far inland so there is very little rust there and those things are pretty clean. I talked to her uncle and he said that he would be nothing but stoaked to see some of this stuff dissapear. That means free stuff for me, anything I want. :king:

This is a list of some pieces and vehicles that I saw, I havenīt checked all of it out due to all the spider there. I wil go back tomorrow armed with a lighter and some hairspray to check out the rest.

Hereīs the list:

5x Toyota Hilux (1x 3VZ, 1x 22RE, 2x 2L and 1x 2L-T)
2x Hiace (Van alternative to Hilux, both 2L,)
4x Dodge Weapon trucks (In a sad state though)
Alot of old Jeeps, I think they are all Willys models
Bunch of old Land Rovers,
A VW Golf II that was probably a rally car once
There was one GM 12 bolt inside one of the Land Rovers (Iīm not sure about its condition, due to my slight arachnophobia... :nerv:)
A Volvo Lapplander (Again no more info, SPIDERS! :sheerterror:)

There is also alot of tractors and farming equipment. And all the Toyotas have aisin hubs and there are three solid front axles there, so now I have three spares to play with. :drooling:

NorCalToy

• Official Super Badass
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 77
  • Male Posts: 2,472
  • Member since Jun '07
  • IFS no longer! - Member #8342
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
thats pretty awesome...sounds like you got some stuff to play with...
:willynilly: '89 truck SAS sittin on 35's, Tacoma rear axle w/ E-Locker, welded front

kneedownnate - You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable

iɹǝʌo ǝɯ ııoɹ sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

:flamer: IFS

79coyotefrg

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
:tantrum: why you gotta be in Iceland :tantrum:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

Hawk Thor [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since May '08
    • View Profile
Just come by this summer. Go to a formula off-road event, meet Bazzi and myself, buy a 4 dr diesel Yota with a solid front axle  :driving:, we will help you find some sweet fenderflares for your "new" Hilux and have a look around in my "partsbin" for something you might fancy.

Then we make you eat putrefied sharkmeat, pickled ram testicles, seared sheep heads and dried fish (sort of like jerky, but more like woodsplinters at first.), then Bazzi can take you to a glacier and then we get you drunk and find you some very eager and willing blonde, get the two of you some privacy and then take you to the Blue Lagoon before we get your Hilux ready for shipping to the states. :ladys-man:  :drunk: :boozer: :bath: :beer: :usa:

Nice plan huh? 
« Last Edit: Jul 05, 2008, 07:01:40 PM by Hawk Thor »

79coyotefrg

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
i like that plan
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

bigarms23

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 111
  • Male Posts: 2,897
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
sounds like a good plan
88 4runner 92 cpi duals 37 radial rockers and 4.8 coming soon

NorCalToy

• Official Super Badass
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Male Posts: 2,472
  • Member since Jun '07
  • IFS no longer! - Member #8342
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
Just come by this summer. Go to a formula off-road event, meet Bazzi and myself, buy a 4 dr diesel Yota with a solid front axle  :driving:, we will help you find some sweet fenderflares for your "new" Hilux and have a look around in my "partsbin" for something you might fancy.

Then we make you eat putrefied sharkmeat, pickled ram testicles, seared sheep heads and dried fish (sort of like jerky, but more like woodsplinters at first.), then Bazzi can take you to a glacier and then we get you drunk and find you some very eager and willing blonde, get the two of you some privacy and then take you to the Blue Lagoon before we get your Hilux ready for shipping to the states. :ladys-man:  :drunk: :boozer: :bath: :beer: :usa:

Nice plan huh? 
ME TOO!!!
:willynilly: '89 truck SAS sittin on 35's, Tacoma rear axle w/ E-Locker, welded front

kneedownnate - You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable

iɹǝʌo ǝɯ ııoɹ sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

:flamer: IFS

Hawk Thor [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since May '08
    • View Profile
Now Iīm going back to check it out a lilībit better.

All I did yesterday was take some OEM Toyota foglight switches and a fatter steering wheel, no more ghetto switches for my lights. ;)

crawlerdan

• Turtle Points: 1319
  • Male Posts: 4,770
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
if that is a legitimate plan ; HawkThor for president

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
I see never getting one piece off anything, lots of spiders they're everywhere.

Look out here comes one now!!!

The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

Bazzi

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 97
  • Male Posts: 1,095
  • Member since May '04
  • From Reykjavik Iceland...
    • View Profile
    • R&T
I like the way you think...
and where is this paradise you are speaking off ???... ;)
4runner body on a hilux frame = Hi-Runner.
 2,4 dti duals 2,28 x 2,28 to 8" 5.71 with arbīs  and 39,5" trxus
gathering parts for my goal which is
350 Chevy 700r4 auto to 2.28 x 4.70  and 4.88 9,5" cruisers diffs,diamondaxles and cable lockers, 44" richard cepecs

Hawk Thor [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since May '08
    • View Profile
Bazzi, it is just outside of Egilsstadir, further info regarding the location is not available at this time.

I spent most of the day tearing into a Hiace, also found a small oilcooler in some GM heap.

mudguts

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1114
  • Member since Mar '04
  • Meat of the Gods
    • View Profile

Nice plan huh? 
That plan is worth a turtle point  :yupyup: :beerchug:
:nerv:                                                                                               :turtle: I love T.I.T.S. :turtle:

Bazzi

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 97
  • Male Posts: 1,095
  • Member since May '04
  • From Reykjavik Iceland...
    • View Profile
    • R&T
I agree... but wtf. who took away a turtle point from me... :rivers:
4runner body on a hilux frame = Hi-Runner.
 2,4 dti duals 2,28 x 2,28 to 8" 5.71 with arbīs  and 39,5" trxus
gathering parts for my goal which is
350 Chevy 700r4 auto to 2.28 x 4.70  and 4.88 9,5" cruisers diffs,diamondaxles and cable lockers, 44" richard cepecs

WHITE_TRASH

• Turtle Points: 679
  • Member since Feb '03
  • Don't blame me, I didn't vote for this crap.
    • View Profile
I dunno but A just gave ya one back. :P

Full hydro, 186:1 with an auto and 44's what could go wrong??

Hawk Thor [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since May '08
    • View Profile
Thanks, appreciate it Mudguts.

I spent my lunchbreak on cleaning out the airintake from the Hiace and the tranny cooler from the GM.

I now have a nice intake, oilcooler, pyrometer, busted T3 turbo (good for setting up the manifolds though.) and a T3 flange for my manifold.

Now I just need are a few parts and some time and a welder to make my turbo system. :greengrin:

Hawk Thor [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since May '08
    • View Profile
I just caught some heat from a local the other day. Apparently he was just "storing" his wrecked Corolla there. He thought that since there were so many vehicles there that he could just keep his there. Iīm not sure about which one of us is on the legal side of this but Iīm not too worried. The way I and my in-laws see it this car was left there to rot. He was pissed about the steering wheel, relays, interior lights and such that I "harvested", so I bought him a couple of six-packs to sooth him.

Iīm hoping to get some more parts this easter or this summer, the farm is approximately 2,5 hours away.

rock_krawler

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 44
  • Member since Feb '08
    • View Profile
 :worthless:

Someone had to say it   :beer:
How can Obama win California at the same time that Prop 8 is winning?????

There are more idiots than homos?

Hawk Thor [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since May '08
    • View Profile
There are no pics that I can find that I took. Here are pic of my dogs and some of the stuff in the background, the rest of the cars and trucks are behind the hill.

unclejpl4x4

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 348
  • Male Posts: 3,522
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Broke & rusted
    • View Profile
    • myspace
    • Buy me a beer
 o o o gold mine :woohoo:     so is iceland closer to NJ then cali ?
build thread http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39214.0
CB install http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=45467.0
roundeyes http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=33294.0;highlight=round+eyes
LC exhaust head 2 tip, EB RVstreethead O/S valves,EB  268c/torker cam , .20 over , metal t-chain wear pads
MARLIN clutch 1200, master clutch cly

jrock

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Male Posts: 3,395
  • Member since Oct '06
  • Oodelally
    • View Profile

Nice plan huh? 
That got me hungy. :)  :beerchug:
o o o gold mine :woohoo:     so is iceland closer to NJ then cali ?
NY.  :thumbs: