Author Topic: what is a fair price for a w56d or e with transfer case and block? INPUT PEALSE  (Read 2953 times)

davidr34

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 121
  • Member since Mar '07
    • View Profile
Ok today i found a w56d i think anyways its out of a 95 pickup 4x4 it has transfercase. i have some pics but there on my phone. anyways the guy had the 22re block attached and wanted 400 for everything starter and alt. was on there, I offered him 200 for just the tranny and he acted like i shot him or something and called me some names. I thought that was pretty funny i told him i thought it was a fair price. so what do you guy think. He did have a ifs steering box he only wanted only 50 for i thought that was good.

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
400 for everything sounds more than fair, as does 200 for the transmission/t-case. 
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
400 for everything sounds more than fair, as does 200 for the transmission/t-case. 
x2......prices sound good to me as well
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

davidr34 [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Mar '07
    • View Profile
how much do blocks go for i have no used for it as i have some im trying to get rid of right now. he say he turned down 300 for just the tranny. i need that tranny for my 3rz swap. but would like to pay 200 for it.

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
how much do blocks go for i have no used for it as i have some im trying to get rid of right now. he say he turned down 300 for just the tranny. i need that tranny for my 3rz swap. but would like to pay 200 for it.

Need some clarification.  Are you saying that it has just the motor BLOCK attached to the tranny, or is it the complete motor?  If it is just the block, then $400 is way to steep for this, and you'll have little to no luck getting the block sold for any kind of $$.  I'd say you MIGHT get $100 for the block, if someone really needs one badly. 

If he won't go down in prive, I'd hold off, one will pop up elsewhere.  Also, if you bait him out a little, he might cae if you chance blowing the buy, and walking away.  Tell him you've got 200, take it or leave it, and if he says no, walk away.  He might cal you back a few days later and say I changed my mind, I want this gone, or he may have an idiot pay him $400 for it.  You never know.  :dunno:

You just need to decide whether or not you're going to pay more than $200 for it, because no matter how much you want to pay $200, if he doesn't want to sell it for $200, the deal isn't going to work so well :gap:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

-Ronald Reagan

davidr34 [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Mar '07
    • View Profile
Yeah it just the block.... so i thought it was a complete rip off because to me that block is just junk trash i dont need. So i offered him 200 he laughed at me told me i was some kind of flopp. then i told him i thought it was a fair price and i wasnt trying to rip anyone off. I hate people that try to rip people off. Anyways i need the tranny.. its nice. but not going to pay 400 or 300 i might do 250 if i can get the steering box too. I thanked him for his time and then i walked away il go back it a week or so. see whats going on.
« Last Edit: Apr 29, 2008, 02:29:21 PM by davidr34 »

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
Yeah it just the block.... so i thought it was a complete rip off because to me that block is just junk trash i dont need. So i offered him 200 he laughed at me told me i was some kind of fauk. then i told him i thought it was a fair price and i wasnt trying to rip anyone off. I hate people that try to rip people off. Anyways i need the tranny.. its nice. but not going to pay 400 or 300 i might do 250 if i can get the steering box too. I thanked him for his time and then i walked away il go back it a week or so. see whats going on.

He cussed you out?  Thats just retarded.  Personally, I wouldn't deal with him simply because of that.  That is just retarded, when you post classified ads, you have to expect some bartering, thats the way it works.  yeah, you're right, its a complete rip off.  :yesnod:

BTW, as far as language goes, this board does have a censor, and the administrators would rather you type the word as it is supposed to be spelled, as opposed to mispelling it, that way the censor can catch it for the people that have the censor enabled. :thumbs:

-Ronald Reagan

davidr34 [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Mar '07
    • View Profile
sorry about that i fixed that didnt know that f work thing. Anyways hes going off the junk yard price of 460 and siad he know for a fact its worth 460. I told him ive seen them as low as 100 bucks. The guy has a yard not really a junk yard just a yar dwith a lot of junk. lol He deals mostly with diesels i think (big rigs). I told him 400 was pretty high and he told me he turned down a offer of 300. What a nut. Anyways i would like the transmission but dont want to deal with him. So well see.

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
sorry about that i fixed that didnt know that f work thing. Anyways hes going off the junk yard price of 460 and siad he know for a fact its worth 460. I told him ive seen them as low as 100 bucks. The guy has a yard not really a junk yard just a yar dwith a lot of junk. lol He deals mostly with diesels i think (big rigs). I told him 400 was pretty high and he told me he turned down a offer of 300. What a nut. Anyways i would like the transmission but dont want to deal with him. So well see.

No big deal, just an FYI :thumbs:

yeah, give him a few weeks, see if he still has it :gap:  bet he will :hahaha:

-Ronald Reagan

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
I think the fact that you didn't thrash him for cussing you out is payment enough.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

davidr34 [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Mar '07
    • View Profile
Yeah i got a little bit of a temper so i had to walk away.

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
I wouldnt deal with the guy simply because he is a pompous ass! There are deals out there...tell him to kick rocks  :tantrum:
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Which yard?  I'll offer him $150 for the tranny  :gap:  You could recoop some of the money by selling the starter and alternator, and like jason said, you should be able to get a little for just the block too. 
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

davidr34 [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Mar '07
    • View Profile
yeah no kidding then see what he says... this guys place is right but my house of sutter. i dont think i could get much of anything out of the parts that were on it.