Author Topic: Air Blower  (Read 1887 times)

johnyreb69

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 77
  • Male Posts: 96
  • Member since Apr '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Air Blower
« on: Jul 20, 2004, 12:03:56 PM »
Has anyone ever installed an air blower into the air intake system of a 22-RE? Can anyone suggest any performance part to add to a 22-RE i.e. headers, exhaughst, cams?
-- Fear is our only enemy
    Stand tall in the face of your enemies
    And you will conquer --

Bernabe Frank Rodriguez, EIT (Thats Me!)

Skinny_Pedal

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 89
  • Male Posts: 2,833
  • Member since Apr '04
  • work so I can support my lifestyle
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
Re: Air Blower
« Reply #1 on: Jul 20, 2004, 12:08:02 PM »
dont know about the blower but i would say go with a header and highflow exhaust and that will be a big improvment. actually lc engineering makes a package for the 22re. it consists of a stainless header,intake, cam, and bored throttle body.
Im an OG

WHITE_TRASH

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 679
  • Member since Feb '03
  • Don't blame me, I didn't vote for this crap.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jul 20, 2004, 12:08:14 PM »
LCE is supposed to have a blower kit coming out soon.
Full hydro, 186:1 with an auto and 44's what could go wrong??

lowgeared

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Male Posts: 556
  • Member since Oct '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jul 20, 2004, 12:27:03 PM »
I've seen them on ebay.  Kind of a poor mans blower.  Electric fan that can force more air into the combustion chamber.  3 inch inlet and outlet.  Kind of a unique idea, couldn't hurt to try it since the ones i've seen are real cheap.  How about a check valve on your efi intake and tap a male air fitting into the top of it.  Run your hose from your onboard air to it and flick on the switch while driving.  My pressure swith is set at 120 psi.  120 pounds of boost???!!  That's racing baby!!

P.S.-remove hood for head and valve cover clearance. :driving: :flamer: :crossed:
Friends help you move.  Real friends help you move bodies.

84runner

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 99
  • Member since Dec '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jul 20, 2004, 01:44:43 PM »
I've seen them on ebay.  Kind of a poor mans blower.  Electric fan that can force more air into the combustion chamber.  3 inch inlet and outlet.  Kind of a unique idea, couldn't hurt to try it since the ones i've seen are real cheap.  How about a check valve on your efi intake and tap a male air fitting into the top of it.  Run your hose from your onboard air to it and flick on the switch while driving.  My pressure swith is set at 120 psi.  120 pounds of boost???!!  That's racing baby!!

P.S.-remove hood for head and valve cover clearance. :driving: :flamer: :crossed:

the problems with these is that they cannot blow enough to create any pressure at high engind speeds to gain anything and they are not made to turn the rpms that the motor will create by sucking the air through this blower motor and it will come apart and you will suck parts into your motor.  Most of the motors of ebay are actually little blower motors used to pump water of of boat hauls. I read this on a feed back news report on ebay about a year and a half ago when I was looking into these.
RUBICON TESTED BIG BALLS APPROVED