Author Topic: anyone know anything about SUPRA LSDs where they come from what cars?  (Read 1522 times)

BoG-ToY

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 594
  • Male Posts: 2,122
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
OK, so, Im looking to build a supra LSD   V-6 third inside the junkyard....that way I am paying for the final product only....anyone know what supras I can pull the right LSD out of?   I know that they also made two differnt types.....the clutch type......the then the torsen type?  true trac type setup I beleive....  can we use either, or are we limited to the clutch type?

I am considering running LSDs front and rear, only to make for better onroad performance for my pickup and to be able to run stock birfs up front....I play more in the snow and mud then on the trail....so, yeah...ANY info would be great about knowing what to pull the LSD out of.....thanks
Sand, what fun, drop pressure to 12psi, stock tires are still digging, can't afford to get stuck, 8psi, still not working. Find a place to GET OUT, air up, un-lock hubs,  WAIT whats this, hubs are UN-LOCKED already. 2wd, 8psi, stock tires, Oregon sand dunes.

BoG-ToY [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
Sand, what fun, drop pressure to 12psi, stock tires are still digging, can't afford to get stuck, 8psi, still not working. Find a place to GET OUT, air up, un-lock hubs,  WAIT whats this, hubs are UN-LOCKED already. 2wd, 8psi, stock tires, Oregon sand dunes.

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
86.5 and newer.  Read the gear code inside the door jam, if the 3rd digit after the G is odd then it's an lsd.  Turbo models I believe.
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

BoG-ToY [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
cool cool
 thanks nate

Cracker

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Member since May '02
  • God, Corps, Country
    • View Profile
A little late, but for future reference, also came in Cressidas, same years as the Supras, same gear codes IIRC...
Art

99 Taco
80 Hilux - 20/22R Hybrid, Dual Mikuni's, R151 trans, Budbuilt X-member
74 FJ40 "The Project"

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Interesting, though I'd think they were probably used less?
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!