Author Topic: Hey Fresno, Stay away from Northern California's water!  (Read 3876 times)

IronClad

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 635
  • Male Posts: 2,284
  • Member since Feb '05
  • Annihilation Fabrication
    • View Profile
Hey Fresno, Stay away from Northern California's water!
« on: Aug 14, 2013, 12:17:48 AM »
This is straight up sickening to me. http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2013/08/13/18741517.php  Fresno judge just put a temp restraining order on the release of water from the trinity river system.  I hope to god we dont have another fish kill like 2002.
Annihilation  Fabrication
Do you need a Hammer?
My build thingy... http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39885.0
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Word hard, Keep your head in the game and if anyone gets in your way tell them you don't give a damn !

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2158
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
I live in Fresno and our main AM news talk station (580 KMJ) is hugely against limiting water in the valley. I didn't read the article but if its talking about the Delta Smelt ... They are an INVASIVE species of which there are eleventy bazillion on the planet already! Kill them all!!!! :stomp: Save our hardworking farmers and keep business local!!
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

jrock

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 77
  • Male Posts: 3,395
  • Member since Oct '06
  • Oodelally
    • View Profile
It's all to do with the salmon, ecosystem and the massive died offs that kill our economy in NorCal.

IronClad [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
I live in Fresno and our main AM news talk station (580 KMJ) is hugely against limiting water in the valley. I didn't read the article but if its talking about the Delta Smelt ... They are an INVASIVE species of which there are eleventy bazillion on the planet already! Kill them all!!!! :stomp: Save our hardworking farmers and keep business local!!

It has to do with our SALMON a native species that is endangered !!! The farmers in the valley are ensuring their death because they decided to setup shop in an area that should have never been farm land.  The valley is crushing northern california's economy by stealing our water.  One of the lakes ( Lake orovoille) which i live less than 5 minutes from drops dramatically every year for the farmers to piss away in their fields and the river stays warm killing off our salmon alot of times before they can even spawn.  Read the link Mike and maybe you'll learn as to why the theft of northern water is a very terrible thing.  Again it has nothing to do with detal smelt or even the delta.  We're trying to keep our rivers cold and clean but thanks to the farmers in the valley stealing our water we cannot do that and our fish are paying for it. 
Do you need a Hammer?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Word hard, Keep your head in the game and if anyone gets in your way tell them you don't give a damn !

HogCanyonHopper

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 7319
  • Male Posts: 1,224
  • Member since Jul '10
    • View Profile
Keep business local by supporting small local farmers!!!! Save our salmon and keep our rivers healthy!!
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=88478.0
Where are we going? And why are we in a handbasket?

My friend is goin to moan this weekend - RockcrawlinJK

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Member since Apr '02
    • View Profile
Ok I will read the article after work tonight. The Delta Smelt was (is still) a huge issue here with a lot of people complaining about it and a lot of farmers loosing their jobs. I naturally figured it was the same issue. I am DEFINITELY for saving native species, and also for saving small local farmers. We do have a lot of land here so people should be more aware of, considerate, and efficient with what we have instead of branching off into areas that were previously not used for farming land and are now affecting water and native animals in your area.

Not to mention Salmon is my 2nd favorite type of fish to eat so we need as many of them as possible :)

Will respond later after I've read the article, thanks!! :thumbs:
Mike

IronClad [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
The problem is not the small farmers its the huge farms that are in the valley. Did you know that most farmers can actually sell off their water and make more money than with their crops?  Alot of farmers ive worked for in the past are starting to do this now.  The rice industry here in california arent even keeping the rice local. 95% of it gets shipped to china and japan. So our resources are being pissed away so we can send our crops over seas.
Do you need a Hammer?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

TimberlineBryce

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 517
  • Male Posts: 538
  • Member since May '12
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
    • Timberline offroad
Fresno? What does fresno have to do with your norcal water? Impossible!! We get our water from the kings and san juaquin rivers that come from our local mountains and flows north through the valley to the delta!  :smack:
See you at the Timberline!

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Member since Apr '02
    • View Profile
Fresno? What does fresno have to do with your norcal water? Impossible!! We get our water from the kings and san juaquin rivers that come from our local mountains and flows north through the valley to the delta!  :smack:

I searched the article for "Fresno" and looks like something was signed/passed using/within our courthouse... We both need to read it!  :laugh: :hahaha: :joke: :talkingn:

IronClad [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile

Top of the page that you obviously didnt read.

A federal judge in Fresno Tuesday granted the Westlands Water District and the San Luis and Delta-Mendota Water Authority a temporary restraining order (TRO) to block increased Trinity River flows through Friday, August 16.   

Also just a little more info

"The Trinity River is the main tributary of the Klamath. A large portion of Trinity water is usually sent south into the Sacramento River and is piped to farmers in the San Joaquin Valley through the Central Valley Project. "  so yeah.. you do get our water.  Especially from my home town on the feather river since it goes into the sac and then down into the delta and the tubes alllll the way down south
« Last Edit: Aug 14, 2013, 04:44:56 PM by IronClad »
Do you need a Hammer?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

907yota

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 153
  • Member since Jul '07
    • View Profile
I'm glad I live Alaska where the salmons wild and the halibut is...AWSOME!!!! Sorry about your water problems... Our salmon runs have been pretty weak this year with all this sunny weather and no rain to fill the creeks and streams they like
86 reg cab turbo,99runner,95pickup all 4x4
09 honda rincon 680cc 4x4
2000 yamaha badger 80cc (for the kids)
Chicken nutt bread!!!

IronClad [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
Our fall run has been pretty bleak so far on the feather/sac/american river systems. Saying its suposed to pick up here in a couple weeks but i have low hopes.  Our water is extremely warm right now from holding it for farmers...  I've been thinking about moving to the kenai pen.  I figure i belong there much more than i do here in california. They seem to actually care about their wildlife up in alaska where here in CA all they care about is crops and money.
Do you need a Hammer?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

907yota

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 153
  • Member since Jul '07
    • View Profile
It's what makes the world go round I guess, here in Juneau they care about the wild life for sure , so much so,that every single trail/Offroad recreation is shut down!.....but I love salmon...
86 reg cab turbo,99runner,95pickup all 4x4
09 honda rincon 680cc 4x4
2000 yamaha badger 80cc (for the kids)
Chicken nutt bread!!!

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
I've been able to walk straight into and stand in the trinity river this year = salmon die-off.  Seems it happens every year I can do that.  Otherwise it takes several or more trips in and out before my legs numb enough to tolerate the ass-cold water, even in the hottest months!
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

IronClad [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
Yep that water up there is COOOLLLDDDD. if you can stand in it there.. its way too warm
Do you need a Hammer?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻