Author Topic: stock gears  (Read 2511 times)

porkchop

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 630
  • Member since Jun '07
  • Yeah 2 @ 1 time
    • View Profile
stock gears
« on: Jun 11, 2007, 07:25:28 PM »
just wondering how will stock gears do in my 85 with a crawler box?
85 TRUCK AUSSIE IN FRONT LINCON AROUND BACK MARLIN 4" SPRINGS UP FRONT WITH 63 CHEVYS ON BACK. REBUILT 22R WITH CRAWL CAM AND FEW OTHER THINGS NOTHING HUGE JUST WAITING TO GET PROPANE ON IT. RUNNIN 35'S M/T WITH MY LONGFIELDS 30 SPLINE SUPER AXLES. 4.7's IN T-CASE AND ON THE WAY WITH DUAL CASES. FULL HYDRO WITH TG ROCK ASSULT PUMP AND 2 X 6 AG RAM

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
Re: stock gears
« Reply #1 on: Jun 11, 2007, 07:48:41 PM »
GREAT
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

porkchop [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jun '07
  • Yeah 2 @ 1 time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jun 11, 2007, 07:53:33 PM »
thanks i am going to weld back and maybe locker in front or thought about welding front also does that work good? i know it would not be good for nothing on road but it is strickly a toy!
85 TRUCK AUSSIE IN FRONT LINCON AROUND BACK MARLIN 4" SPRINGS UP FRONT WITH 63 CHEVYS ON BACK. REBUILT 22R WITH CRAWL CAM AND FEW OTHER THINGS NOTHING HUGE JUST WAITING TO GET PROPANE ON IT. RUNNIN 35'S M/T WITH MY LONGFIELDS 30 SPLINE SUPER AXLES. 4.7's IN T-CASE AND ON THE WAY WITH DUAL CASES. FULL HYDRO WITH TG ROCK ASSULT PUMP AND 2 X 6 AG RAM

Jack8542

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -111
  • Male Posts: 102
  • Member since Jan '04
  • Strength and Honor!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jun 14, 2007, 02:10:22 AM »
I welded my front end and it works just fine, Just make sure you have Bobby Longs or you'll be breakin berfs left and right, Depending on your tire size.  I have 37s and i ran the Heat/cryo treated longs until i got the money to buy the 30 splines. 
RIP SSg Sizemore, Sgt Mock, Spc McGuness, Pfc Hill, Pfc Marsh, Pfc   Garcia, Pfc Hardge, Ssg Campos. You will be missed greatly by all of C-Rock.

Gittinit

• throttle jockey!
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 28
  • Male Posts: 2,293
  • Member since Sep '06
  • out from under my rock, and ready to roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jun 14, 2007, 05:30:47 AM »
You might also consider adding hydro assist on a welded front as it gets really hard to turn sometimes.
Hug your kids, pray for a soldier, and don't sweat the small stuff.

my favorite places:
http://www.flatnasty.net/
http://www.orvpark.com/

– fortysixandtwo – sorry, i prefer marlin because aside from gittinit, no one is a know it all a hole

All_Set

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -145
  • Male Posts: 543
  • Member since Mar '04
    • View Profile
    • Blue Ribbon Coalition
« Reply #5 on: Jun 14, 2007, 09:52:41 AM »
I welded my front end and it works just fine, Just make sure you have Bobby Longs or you'll be breakin berfs left and right, Depending on your tire size.  I have 37s and i ran the Heat/cryo treated longs until i got the money to buy the 30 splines. 

// begin thread highjack//  Jack, is that your rig in the pic?  Link to build thread please or more pics.  If not, what suspension you running?  //end thread highjack//
:D

If you would like to help save the Rubicon, send money to the Rubicon Trail Foundation

Jack8542

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -111
  • Male Posts: 102
  • Member since Jan '04
  • Strength and Honor!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jun 15, 2007, 09:37:32 PM »
Ya thats mine, I dont have a build thread or other pics. I would get some, but im in iraq right now and its a little hard.  In the "Xtreme Flex" thread i have a few more pics. My suspention is completely home built, i built a 2 inch drop-forward x-member in front with Toy rears and wagoneer leavs put together along with a 2 inch lift shackle,  The rear is 63 inch chevys with shackles that are about 11 inches long and buggy springs made from stock front yota springs.  It got me through the sluce box a few times, so it does work pretty good.

On a nother note, I dont have hydro assist and I bust a blood vessel every time I have to turn when im not moving. 

:usa: Later :usa:
RIP SSg Sizemore, Sgt Mock, Spc McGuness, Pfc Hill, Pfc Marsh, Pfc   Garcia, Pfc Hardge, Ssg Campos. You will be missed greatly by all of C-Rock.

synwars

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 360
  • Male Posts: 485
  • Member since Mar '05
  • Fabbing with Maffy
    • View Profile
    • Can you feel the love?
« Reply #7 on: Jun 18, 2007, 10:09:41 AM »
You might also consider adding hydro assist on a welded front as it gets really hard to turn sometimes.

True that.
"Don't let common sense stop you..."

Build up thread:
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=11425.0

KEEP IT CLEAN PEOPLE!!! :bat:

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jun 18, 2007, 01:36:15 PM »
all i have to add is that it is not fun to be behind someone on the trail making 12 point turns on every corner  :biggthumpup:
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

porkchop [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jun '07
  • Yeah 2 @ 1 time
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Jul 07, 2007, 10:09:17 PM »
back to hydro asst steer my truck is a non power steering truck so what do i do? just add power steering and a ifs box to hook up asst to? 

porkchop [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jun '07
  • Yeah 2 @ 1 time
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Jul 19, 2007, 08:06:34 PM »
here is a question and it might stupid as hell ? why couldnt i put  power steering pump and ifs box and just run the lines straight to hydro asst? does that make any sence what you all think???