Author Topic: 93 4Runner rear leaf mount measurements  (Read 2381 times)

RCKRUNR

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 13
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
93 4Runner rear leaf mount measurements
« on: Apr 13, 2007, 08:51:31 PM »
I have Marlins 5 inch rear spring kit for my 93 4Runner but nobody seems to be ablr to tell me where to mount the front spring hangers. Can anyonr give me a good one. I stuck and that sucks.

*ROKTOY*

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Male Posts: 1,066
  • Member since Nov '06
    • View Profile
Re: 93 4Runner rear leaf mount measurements
« Reply #1 on: Apr 14, 2007, 08:58:24 AM »
According to Marlins directions on the rear lift kit page for 89-95 it should be 5" forward of the old hanger. Measured from hole center to hole center.

RCKRUNR [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Apr 14, 2007, 09:40:39 AM »
Thanks. I didnt get any instructions and the funny thing is nobody down at the shop could tell me either.

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Apr 14, 2007, 01:14:15 PM »
According to Marlins directions on the rear lift kit page for 89-95 it should be 5" forward of the old hanger. Measured from hole center to hole center.
thats a really generic answer. It would actually be different for different trucks....i.e. extra cabs, runner, reg cabs, 2nd gen, 3rd gen etc. best way is to get a starting point and mock it up
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

RCKRUNR [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Apr 14, 2007, 02:06:14 PM »
That was my orignal plan but i cant get a measurement on the spring compressed. And that 5" measurement is for a truck that already has leaf springs mine had coils.

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Apr 14, 2007, 02:09:16 PM »
That was my orignal plan but i cant get a measurement on the spring compressed.
haha yea that could be a challenge. You can always tack the hangars in place. Pull all but the main leaf out of the pack and cycle the suspension. This might be too much work though. Someone else with the same set up needs to comment and give you a starting point at least
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

*ROKTOY*

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Male Posts: 1,066
  • Member since Nov '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Apr 14, 2007, 02:14:46 PM »
thats a really generic answer. It would actually be different for different trucks....i.e. extra cabs, runner, reg cabs, 2nd gen, 3rd gen etc. best way is to get a starting point and mock it up
[/quote
Well that's what it says. I have a long bed pickup and I did it that way and it came out perfect. The starting point you mension is the old spring mount.

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Apr 14, 2007, 03:11:17 PM »
Start looking for second gen runner build threads.  Since you're totally starting from scratch you're kinda screwed, but if you can dig up threads from others who've converted the rear of a runner to marlin springs you'll atleast have something to go on.  Have you checked the toyota faq over on pirate yet?  It may be in there too.
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!