Author Topic: gas in my oil?  (Read 3172 times)

yota-tota

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 17
  • Male Posts: 232
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Crawling over Marlin
    • View Profile
gas in my oil?
« on: Dec 11, 2006, 02:06:29 AM »
On friday night my fuel pump got disconected on me and now with it hook back up the truck is running like ****! The thing sounds like it's running on two cylinders and found that there's gas in my oil. 

I don't know if the injectors are stuck open or somthing but there's WAAAAYYYY to much fuel entering the system and it's ending up in my oil. There's lots of spark but the plugs are wet as f^%&   :help: :help:
91 toy truggy on h2 injection, hacked n chopped n locked n SAS'd rolling 36" IROKS........doubler comming soon

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
Re: gas in my oil?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 11, 2006, 09:00:54 AM »
injecters are stuck open  on those cylinders   replace with OEM Toyota  injectors  or LCEngineering  or  other quality  ,

NOT AUTOZONE
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

Hottrod81

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -2
  • Male Posts: 1,392
  • Member since Feb '05
  • Full Trucker Effect
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Dec 11, 2006, 12:36:00 PM »
There is a slight possibility that the rings might be stuck, but it is slight.

yota-tota [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Crawling over Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Dec 11, 2006, 02:37:15 PM »
injecters are stuck open  on those cylinders   replace with OEM Toyota  injectors  or LCEngineering  or  other quality  ,

NOT AUTOZONE

are you 100% sure on this before i spend a pile of cash on new injectors? Since i'll probally need 4. Anyway to un-stick the injectors?

Someone had told me fuel pressure regulator?
91 toy truggy on h2 injection, hacked n chopped n locked n SAS'd rolling 36" IROKS........doubler comming soon

toymech

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -155
  • Male Posts: 158
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Dec 11, 2006, 04:08:08 PM »
 Hey,nice rig. :thumbs: Ok,what originally happened? The truck stalled and you found the fuel pump disconnected? Usually if your getting too much fuel,plugs are soaked and runs like crap check if your spark is hot. A weak spark will not burn the fuel. The AFM might be tellin the injectors to stay wide open,try another AFM after you take the fouled plugs out. You can also check for a vacuum leak which will make the AFM act crazy.  :turtle:Id hate to see you replace all the injectors which are expensive if its somethin simple. You may want to do a base check of the compression dude just to be on the safe side and change that contaminated oil before you crank the crap out of it,too much fuel in the oil will wash the cylinders and wipe the rings. good luck and write back,ill try my best to figure it out with you.   Mike
87 Runner-rebuilt 22re,3 inch downey ifs lift,allpro rear bumper,Detroit locked rear with 4.88s,detroit true trac front diff,Marlin crawler clutch,R151F trans,Marlin Crawler 4.7 reduction gearset,33 inch Goodyear MTRs

yota-tota [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Crawling over Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Dec 12, 2006, 02:01:14 AM »
Well i pulled the fuel fliter and sure enough the thing is plug pretty bad.....i couldn't even blow through can't imagine what kinda fuel pressure was going through it.

Today after work i'm going to changed the oil and slap some new plugs in there and fire it up and hope for the best.

yota-tota [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Crawling over Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Dec 12, 2006, 06:18:44 PM »
Well after starting the truck today there is no difference in how it runs. I checked the resistance on the one injector i could get at without taking the intake off and it was within spec. I also checked the main relay and open circuit relay by the computer and all was good....BUTT the computer itself was rough looking so i pulled it and popped the cover :maddest:. The bottom left corner was full of salt, i mean it was chunky white salt and it's all over some connection on the circuit board leaving the terminals green as can be.

So right now i think it's the computer that's pooched causeing all the problem and the terminal that's salted has somthing to do with my fuel pump. With the fuel pump hooked up with the stock harness(which goes to the computer) there is maybe .5 of a volt reading to the pump and you can't hear it but when i run a jumper straight from the battery to the pump you can hear the pump fire up. :dunno: Crazy thing is the truck starts when there isn't a 12 volt source hooked to the pump(stock harness) and just dumps raw fuel into the cylinders which then goes straight into the oil. I'll have to take a pic of the computer to show you but man it's nasty, so off to the pick and pull for a computer somtime this week.

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Dec 12, 2006, 10:46:14 PM »
If it looks like salt and made the connectors look green, then you have corrosion, cause by water somehow getting in the computer. 
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

yota-tota [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Crawling over Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Dec 13, 2006, 02:06:48 AM »
it's deffently salt, I live on the east coast of Canada and work with a landscaping company that salts and shovels when it snows. Just so happend that when my truck shut down on me i was on the way home after a night of salting during a snow storm. :hammer:

Just hope it's the computer since i can't afford anything major until after christmas.

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Dec 13, 2006, 05:44:43 PM »
I'm just dumbfounded as to how it got IN the computer :headscratch:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

yota-tota [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Crawling over Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Dec 13, 2006, 06:33:51 PM »
The salt and water got at the computer from a hole near the pinch weld seam and boy is it a salty one :yikes:  must have been rusting away over the past few years because the bottom corner of the cover is rusted right off....... Then the last bit of slop i was driving in killed it  :rivers:

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Dec 13, 2006, 07:03:40 PM »
This is probably the first time I've seen a computer that actually NEEDS to be replaced.  What year is the truck?
RIP KYOTA

yota-tota [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Crawling over Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Dec 14, 2006, 11:36:45 AM »
the truck is a 1991....i guess any 22-re computer will work in my truck? As long as it's a 4x4 with a manual.

toymech

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -155
  • Male Posts: 158
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Dec 14, 2006, 03:19:54 PM »
 check for a leaking windsheild,i had an ecm get a little wet and caused the truck to run wacky. thats an obvious problem
87 Runner-rebuilt 22re,3 inch downey ifs lift,allpro rear bumper,Detroit locked rear with 4.88s,detroit true trac front diff,Marlin crawler clutch,R151F trans,Marlin Crawler 4.7 reduction gearset,33 inch Goodyear MTRs

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Dec 14, 2006, 06:34:22 PM »
What's the part #?  I have one off an 86 with a 22re floating around somewhere, came off an arizona truck, so if it'll work we can probably work out a deal.
RIP KYOTA

yota-tota [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Crawling over Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Dec 16, 2006, 04:57:39 AM »
do you think a bad fuel pressure regualtor would cause this problem as well? i still havn't got a computer for it but would like to eliminate all possble problems.

how would you check that without the engine running?

Oh and my comp number is 89661-35630 I'm in canada so i don't think i'll get yours but if you can see if the numbers are the same i'd know whether or not an 86-88 style would work in my truck.

yota-tota [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Crawling over Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Dec 16, 2006, 01:54:10 PM »
well i'm glab to say the truck runs again :yesnod: :yesnod: :biggthumpup:

I slapped a new computer in the truck and she fired right up and runs just as good as it used to, i'm soooooo happy right now it's time to get drunk :beer: :beer:

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Dec 16, 2006, 05:27:33 PM »
Where'd you find the computer?  Glad to hear it's running well again too :thumbs:
RIP KYOTA

yota-tota [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Crawling over Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Dec 16, 2006, 06:12:38 PM »
oh i found one at a local junk yard....it was a bit more then i wanted to pay at 120 bucks CAN but i needed it and it works :beer:

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #19 on: Dec 16, 2006, 07:12:14 PM »
sweet,  just  watch your oil  for the next few miles  and make sure  its  not  washing out the oil again

it shouldnt  but  you need to make sure
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way