Author Topic: dual cases..  (Read 1525 times)

zeke jr.

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 154
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
    • turn key buggys
dual cases..
« on: May 21, 2006, 09:45:50 PM »
i have a 1985 4 runner efi and what i believe to be a top shift 21 spline case. is it best to find another one of these cases to run for a dual case set up or what is recommended. (keep in mind I'm a high schooler on a budget, but id love some marlin cases  :bowdown:) thanks alot guys and gals.
always remember a crowded elevator smells different to a midget.

"I sincerely believe that banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies, and that the principle of spending money to be paid by posterity, under the name of funding, is but swindling futurity on a large scale."

"The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations."

Duffil

• *lurker*
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 138
  • Male Posts: 4,844
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • PhotoBucket
    • Buy me a beer
Re: dual cases..
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2006, 10:45:09 PM »
 :psss: the rear case has to be top shift.  You can run 21 spline or upgrade to the turbo 23 spline for strength.

zeke jr. [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
    • turn key buggys
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2006, 11:11:16 PM »
ok thanks by upgrading to the turbo 23 spline it needs to be a top shift also. right?

"I sincerely believe that banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies, and that the principle of spending money to be paid by posterity, under the name of funding, is but swindling futurity on a large scale."

"The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations."

Duffil

• *lurker*
  • Turtle Points: 138
  • Male Posts: 4,844
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • PhotoBucket
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2006, 11:15:57 PM »
:psss: the rear case has to be top shift.

zeke jr. [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
    • turn key buggys
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2006, 06:39:43 PM »
 :smack:

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2006, 07:14:21 PM »
zeke  your runner has a forward shift, ,  your  reduction case will be what you need,  then find a topshift for the rear case, if it was me i would look for a 79 tcase , they had the L43 tranny and the input gear is stronger than the regular 21 spline
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

zeke jr. [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
    • turn key buggys
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2006, 10:43:20 PM »
zeke  your runner has a forward shift, ,  your  reduction case will be what you need,  then find a topshift for the rear case, if it was me i would look for a 79 tcase , they had the L43 tranny and the input gear is stronger than the regular 21 spline
really? i was told it was a top shift how do i find out? so wheather its top or forward the rear has to be the same, correct?

derek

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -61
  • Male Posts: 600
  • Member since May '02
  • slow truck=more time to nap
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2006, 06:31:00 AM »
should have a w-56 trans with a top shift t-case. just use your case you have now for thr reduction unit, then the adapter (mc-07 ect) then a top shift t-case. the 79/80 cases have a strong input, but you have to grind the splines to get it to fit in the coupler, the splines taper wider and wont go into the coupler well and you need to grind the base of the splines down.

derek

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -61
  • Male Posts: 600
  • Member since May '02
  • slow truck=more time to nap
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2006, 06:32:11 AM »
i have an 83 top shift t-case for sale for 125 with the shifter if interested also.

derek