Author Topic: PS and Fuel Line Identification questions. NEED HELP ASAP!  (Read 4379 times)

MR_DIY

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -40
  • Male Posts: 595
  • Member since Sep '05
  • this is why I'm web wheelin'
    • View Profile
Hi guys,

I have an 84 carbed yota pickup.  I need to know the order of the lines from top nipple to bottom.  There are 3 hard lines coming from the tank, and I don't know what's what.  Thank you.   :dunno: 

I also need to know which PS lines to hook up to my IFS stearing box.  I see two o/g tapped holes, one threaded fitting from the pump and one "clampable" hose from the "return?" line.   :disturbed:

I need to know for the A.M. because that's all that's keeping me from driving.   :wiggle:

Thank you again. 

I'm going yota JUST so I can buy from Marlin more.

*quote*-  goes to show that a ramp hero doesn't always have what it takes to be a trail hero as well.

MR_DIY [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
somebody please help me... I need to know and have no other source to findo out by the morning.  thanks   :red_eyes:

*quote*-  goes to show that a ramp hero doesn't always have what it takes to be a trail hero as well.

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
im not sure which one is the pressure line,  all i can say is hook up your stock lines  and see what it does for the PS

cant help ya with the fuel
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

POWERSTROKEN

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Member since Sep '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
   The hose nipple fitting is the low pressure side, the othe is the high pressure side.  They are different size fittings so even if they are off the box you can't mess them up.  (well maybe you could)  LOL
"Don't RAM it...STROKE it"

MR_DIY [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
   The hose nipple fitting is the low pressure side, the othe is the high pressure side.  They are different size fittings so even if they are off the box you can't mess them up.  (well maybe you could)  LOL

I'll take another look at it but I didn't see anywhere for the low pressure hose.  I'll post up when I figure it out or not.  Thanks Jim and Glen.   :thumbs:

MR_DIY [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
I took some pics to help you help me.  my lines don't fit my ps box?  here ya go

could you ID these fittings from top to bottom please? i.e.- pressure, return, filter?

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
the hose port closest to the alternator is the return line,  the one closest to the left side of the truck is the pressure line

i had to go look :eye::eye:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
the pressure line comes straight from the pump,  the return comes out of the box, into the little cooling tube, to the res, then back to the pump

POWERSTROKEN

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Sep '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
   The high pressure line is all crimped together.  You can't cahnge or undo that.  The low pressure side is hose clamped you can undo that with a screwdriver.  The fittings are different you can't switch them up.

MR_DIY [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
10-4  Thanks I think I understand the P/S...still need help with fuel.  Cannot get to prime.  Thanks  :think:

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
i can try later to see how the 86  is lined up to the manual pump,  my 79 runs a e-pump

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
hey  pull the thing out of the tank,  the suck line will go to the bottom,  the return and vent will be short

MR_DIY [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
hey  pull the thing out of the tank,  the suck line will go to the bottom,  the return and vent will be short

thanks man... I did that about an hour b4 I read this and got them figured out.  I then traced the "IN" fuel line from the pump to the tank and put the return on the short line (inside tank) and the CC on the one left.  it should all be right but I cannot get it to run... pumping like a madman and pouring gas into carb and it just won't run.  aggrivated but at least on the right track. thanks for the help.  :beerchug:

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
make sure your getting fuel to the carb,  after that its just a ignition thing

MR_DIY [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
make sure your getting fuel to the carb,  after that its just a ignition thing

I'm not... I've got 10 gallons in the tank at least.  the lines almost have to be right b/c I traced the "in" line.  there is NO fuel in the fuel filter or the carb.   It will start and run fine if I pour gas in the carb, then it dies and I do it again, and again, and again.  truck is almost for sale j/k  :tantrum:

can anybody double check my findings?

top line is Charcoal Canister, Middle Line is the "IN" line or suction line, the bottom line is the Return line.  this is top to bottom of my pic of tank up above.   I'm pissed :maddest:

MR_DIY [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
Thanks guys.  I finally figured it out!!   :clap:

POWERSTROKEN

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Sep '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
   Took ya long enough...LMAO

MR_DIY [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
   Took ya long enough...LMAO

I'm an eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeediot.  thanks for the help though