Author Topic: Fresno State Bulldogs Football moves into the TOP 10!!!!!!!  (Read 1367 times)

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2158
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
Wow.

I am so sick of Fresno State's no.16 football team.

Did anyone happen to catch the no.16 Fresno State at unranked Nevada Reno Wolfpack football match this evening, televised horribly on ESPN2 nationally?

Well being undefeated in the WAC this season 6-0, on a 11-game conference winning streak, having the #4 ranked offense in the country in terms of points scored per game, we should be a Top 10 team I think

Well, to cut to the chase, we lost to Nevada tonight. We are no.16 in the World, and we were a 15-point spread favorite tonight, including the fact that it was a Road Game none the less.

We had a really slow start and it looked like we didn't even want to play, down by 8 points going into the half.

So finally our defense wakes up and we start looking like a no.16 team...we muster our way back into the game, and take the lead, .....And then the same thing happens that happened to us vs. USC last week.

Which reminds me, who caught the no.1 USC vs. no.16 Fresno State game last week? Did you realize that we beat them?
No? Well good, because we didn't. We lost 42-50 to a team who has not allowed more than 31 points all season.

But what you might not know, is that our 8 point loss to no.1 USC, also included FIVE TURNOVERS by FSU.

What Now?! We turn the ball over FIVE times to the best team in the world, and we just loose by 8 points! HOLY CRAP!

And now you know why FSU is such a powerful team.

But what you don't know, is that this happens all the time. I see it every year. We knock off a great and powerful team, gain National Recognition, become a Top 25 team, and then we get big-headed and loose our focus.

In the USC Game, those FIVE Turnovers all came from ONE guy on our team, our Quarterback, Paul Pinegar. He threw 4 Interceptions and Fumbled the ball. In my opinion, he both won the game and lost the game for us..

And this was exactly the case with Nevada tonight.

We finally starting to play no.16 Bulldog ball tonight, pulling ahead of Nevada in the 4th quarter, and then, on a sure scoring drive, Pinegar passes the 9th Interception of the season. That blew all of our momentum in my opinion.

I am so sick of it.

FSU does so well and then they blow it, on Nat. TV, to a non-ranked team. How on earth can they become a BCS team contender if they can't keep their heads straight.

Every year this happens. I just hope they show their true ability when they play in the AutoZone Liberty Bowl on New Year's Eve in Memphis, Tenn.

Silly mistakes, it gets us every year.

I hope they move out of the Top 25 ranking, because they sure did not play like a Top 25 team tonight, let along a Top 10 team, like our Newspaper and many Radio Stations were predicting we would finish the season as.

Ha. Hog Wash.

BigMike
« Last Edit: Nov 26, 2005, 11:11:03 PM by BigMike »
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -33
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
What is this "foosball" you speak of?  ???

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
only a true fan or a hater can speak so cruelly of a football team.

:therethere: mike, it'll get better
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

BigMike [OP]

• Administrator
  • Turtle Points: 2158
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
only a true fan or a hater can speak so cruelly of a football team.

:therethere: mike, it'll get better

I am a true fan, that's for sure. I stuck it out in the rain two weeks ago when we beat Boise State for the first time in School History, breaking a 6 year loosing streak.

I get student season tickets for $75. I am a fan. I have made every home game this season. I Love the 'Dogs, and I hate how they play like crap once they think they own the world.

Man.... The last game is a Home Game next week on Friday night. I already have my ticket. If they win, which they should do easily (yeah they were supposed to win "easily" tonight too) then they will share the WAC Championship this year with two other teams.

If they had just won tonight, then they would have been the out-right single team WAC Champion. They have not done that since the '80 I think.

So close yet so far. How true
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki