Author Topic: I need a wiring diagram for an 86 pickup (22re)  (Read 11987 times)

Sluice Box Hero

• My mom says im special
  • Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -114
  • Male Posts: 637
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Tell your mom hi, and thank her for last night
    • View Profile
I need a wiring diagram for an 86 pickup (22re)
« on: Dec 13, 2004, 05:00:23 PM »
hey,

i just got my truck today, and well, there are a few issure that i think i  can iron out real quick like with a little help from you wiring gurus.  first off, itwas previously broken into and the ignition was ripped to hell. (ill have pictures later).  anyway the fuel pump wont turn on when you turn the key on, but when you hot wore the pump it works, so somewhere there is a wire corssed, a fuse blown, or a bad relay.  none of which i know where they are.  then, the dash lights wont turn on when you turn the head lights on. (all the lights work, even the turn signals, and the wiper blades work.  and lastley, the damned idle is way too high, and the automatic choke does not kick on when its cold and its a pregnant dog to start.

if you can help me trouble shoot all that i would be grateful.

other than that, the truck its awesome for $500.  it has a 6" rancho lift (the good one, it even has shocks acting as anti hop in the rear)  the body is pretty straight, and it has some real nice 15x10 aluminium wheels.  it also has locking hubs.

the lift, wheels, and auto tranny and xcase are all for sale if anyone is intrested.  or ill trade for some 44044s.

Callen
"You know that feeling right after you take a huge dump? . . . . Awesome"
-Cartman

Sluice Box Hero [OP]

• My mom says im special
  • Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
engine

interior

Callen
-Cartman

mudaddict

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -82
  • Male Posts: 1,829
  • Member since Dec '04
    • View Profile
    • All Pro Off Road
If the dash lights dont come on when u turnm the hear lights on check the tail lights too i ahd the same problem if those are out too its a fuse thats blown check those. i chan check and see if i can print out a wiring diagram for you tomorrow at school. another good way to do that is jsut get one of the 20 dollar repair book found at a local parts store and it usually has some help in there. most of thats pretty easy stuff. Thats a good deal nice score!
98 Taco- Super charged, sas'd, bobbed, locked,taco boxed with 39's
Taco Build http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=88901.0

I work At
All Pro Off Road

mudaddict

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Dec '04
    • View Profile
    • All Pro Off Road
Do u eman hot wire the fule pump. cuz if u do that and u get power to it and it works jsut check the fuse and if anything just rewire it your self so it works and go out side of how it came and jsut do ur own work on it.

I work At
All Pro Off Road

Sluice Box Hero [OP]

• My mom says im special
  • Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
ya, thats how i have it wired right now, hotwired, the fuel pump i mean.  it works fine, we drove it 300 miles today that way.  also, the tail lights work fine, i think a wire just got cut when it was being broken into and tore all up.  there are only a few things inside that are not right, and after than i think that i can get it to work just right.  instead of putting a new key and ignition in it, im thinking about using a proximity signal and push button start.  its a little box that you carry on your key chain, much like a remote locks type thing.  when you get within a cirtian distance of the pickup it will arm the ignition allowing you to turn on the ignition, and then hit the starter button.  if you are out of range then when you go to turn on the ignition nothing will happen, and you wont be able to start the truck.  if that doesnt work then ill just put in a nascar type of push button start and not worry about a key.

also, what do you all think i should do?  try and fix all the messed up steering column wires and find new plastic, and fix all that, or just go and buy a steering column with everything and just unplug, and unbolt the old one and replace it with another one?

Callen
-Cartman

mudaddict

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Dec '04
    • View Profile
    • All Pro Off Road
I meant jsut go through and make sure all the wires are properly attached and have good connections. Ya it has to jsut be a wire that got messed up and placed incorrectly after it was broken into.

I work At
All Pro Off Road

85_yote_94

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: -2
  • Member since Apr '11
    • View Profile
hey,

i just got my truck today, and well, there are a few issure that i think i  can iron out real quick like with a little help from you wiring gurus.  first off, itwas previously broken into and the ignition was ripped to hell. (ill have pictures later).  anyway the fuel pump wont turn on when you turn the key on, but when you hot wore the pump it works, so somewhere there is a wire corssed, a fuse blown, or a bad relay.  none of which i know where they are.  then, the dash lights wont turn on when you turn the head lights on. (all the lights work, even the turn signals, and the wiper blades work.  and lastley, the damned idle is way too high, and the automatic choke does not kick on when its cold and its a pregnant dog to start.

if you can help me trouble shoot all that i would be grateful.

other than that, the truck its awesome for $500.  it has a 6" rancho lift (the good one, it even has shocks acting as anti hop in the rear)  the body is pretty straight, and it has some real nice 15x10 aluminium wheels.  it also has locking hubs.

the lift, wheels, and auto tranny and xcase are all for sale if anyone is intrested.  or ill trade for some 44044s.

Callen

i had this same problem. check the fuse box down at your feet at the far left side(kick panel) dont remamber whick one it was but my was gone and i looked at the book real quick, found what color i needed, and popped it in. now they work just fine. so does my dimmer, the little knob to dim the back light down. now i just got to figure out my turn signals! anybody wana help me with that? lol

4RunnerChevy

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 5
  • Male Posts: 1,426
  • Member since Sep '08
  • Santa Cruz Mountains
    • View Profile
    • Santa Cruz Wheelers
sent a PDF