Author Topic: more 3.0 troubles  (Read 2153 times)

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
more 3.0 troubles
« on: Jul 05, 2005, 09:12:43 AM »
Ok, I went camping this weekend, drove my truck  up the mountains, wheeled some, went down into Nevada, and camped around 8000 feet.  We wheeled on the way up, in the lake tahoe area, and my truk ran fine.  However after we dropped into nevada, and were driving through some rolling hills, my truck started rattling real bad, m check engine light came on, I started overheating and losing oil pressure.  Pulled over, put in some more oil, and water, and the ruck ran fine for the rest of the trip ith the exception of starting in the morning.  In the mornings, my truck wont start, and then it'll stagger to life after dying 3-4 times.  during the day it starts fine, its just the first start of the day.  IT is amlost like it isnt getting fuel.  Also, my check engine liht is still on with these codes:

RPM SIGNAL-NO SIGNAL TO ECU FROM DISTRIBUTOR ("Ne" OR "G") AFTER ENGINE HAS BEEN CRANKED
--DISTRIBUTOR/CIRCUIT

--STARTERSIGNAL CIRCUIT

--IGNITER/IGNITER CIRCUIT

--ECU

WATER TEMPERATURE SENSOR SIGNAL--OPEN OR SHORT IN WATER TEMP. SENSOR SIGNAL
--WATER TEMPERATURE SENSOR CIRCUIT

--WATER TEMPERATURE SENSOR

--ECU

EGR VALVE MALFUNCTION--EXHAUST GAS TEMPEATURE BELOW SPEC. FOR EGR CONTROL
--EGR SYSTEM

--EGR GAS TEMPERATURE SENSOR/CIRCUIT

Any ideas?
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

BLACKDOG [OP]

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
Re: more 3.0 troubles
« Reply #1 on: Jul 05, 2005, 08:04:16 PM »
:dunno: anyone?

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

-Ronald Reagan

RHG

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 1,320
  • Member since Apr '05
  • WERD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jul 06, 2005, 01:19:48 PM »
damn that sounds real bad....im really confuse because there isnt any real relationship between all those systems except for the ECU. Did you find any water during your adventures? Try reseting the ECU and see what comes back. When I have to troubleshoot on a fat ass airplane they teach us to work your way back to a spot where this :pokinit: shares a circuit. Could be a nasty short, but that wouldnt explain why it works after a couple attempts at starting. Time to bust out the wire diagram and multimeter. PM BigMike and see if his handy dandy computer program will help you out. Good luck
Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

89 Ext Cab Long Bed, SAS'd, Double 2.28's, 5.29's, 38" TSL's, Allied Beadlocks, Half Doors, Custom Trail Bodywork

CTENG in KS

• Turtle Points: -501
  • Male Posts: 4,295
  • Member since Jun '04
  • ^Alfred the Great
    • View Profile
    • CTENG's Eco-Rant
« Reply #3 on: Jul 06, 2005, 01:28:13 PM »
I don't remember what your earlier problems were, but I would do a wiring check, especially all the grounds.  Like r-h-g said, only thing those have in common is electrical systems.  Oh and good luck, wish I was over on the other coast, I am usually good with electrical issues.   :help:
IFS is best kept at ambient temperature in a pile of scrap in the backyard.  When kept under a functioning vehicle, it tends to greatly diminish said vehicle's offroad ability.     -reklund5

4Runner: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=4580.0
Beastmaster: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=34339.0

BLACKDOG [OP]

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jul 06, 2005, 01:30:10 PM »
I don't remember what your earlier problems were, but I would do a wiring check, especially all the grounds.  Like r-h-g said, only thing those have in common is electrical systems.  Oh and good luck, wish I was over on the other coast, I am usually good with electrical issues.   :help:

You ever come work for marlin, I'll have you come help :thumbs:  :hahaha: I'll check the electronics, but it happened suddenly, going up a hill, and before I had even touched any water on this trip. 

-Ronald Reagan

CTENG in KS

• Turtle Points: -501
  • Male Posts: 4,295
  • Member since Jun '04
  • ^Alfred the Great
    • View Profile
    • CTENG's Eco-Rant
« Reply #5 on: Jul 06, 2005, 01:34:27 PM »
No need for water for the gremlins to grow...at least not in this movie.
IFS is best kept at ambient temperature in a pile of scrap in the backyard.  When kept under a functioning vehicle, it tends to greatly diminish said vehicle's offroad ability.     -reklund5

4Runner: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=4580.0
Beastmaster: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=34339.0