Author Topic: So we're saddling up today....  (Read 2733 times)

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
So we're saddling up today....
« on: Jun 19, 2005, 11:32:14 PM »
We took 3 of our horses to the rodeo grounds in town (cuz we don't really have a good place to ride at our place, and we've got 2 of the horses saddled and ready to go and the 3rd decides he don't wanna be there anymore.  He breaks free from his halter and runs to hell and back.  We chased his A** for an hour and finally after one of my boys was thrown off of my other horse, we were able to catch him.  Need I mention the rodeo grounds are in the middle of town just off a busy street, and there was a soccer game on one side of us and a rocket launchin contest in the other field next to us.  We were able to, thank god, keep him in our field (there're 4 fields). 

whew!!!!

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

gonzo

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 2000
  • Male Posts: 734
  • Member since Jan '05
  • Climb Baby Climb!
    • View Profile
    • My 8E6 runner
Re: So we're saddling up today....
« Reply #1 on: Jun 20, 2005, 09:24:01 AM »
I hope your boy is doing ok :crossed: .  I would say you had an exciting week end, for a little while anyway.  Which horse was the "escapee"? 

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #2 on: Jun 20, 2005, 09:27:35 AM »
 :smack: I don't have any pics of him but his name is Finnaghan, Finny for short.  Rob, the boy that fell off, is fine.  He's bragging that in the whole 4 years he's been here he has never fallen off, and of all the horses to fall off he fell off the beginner's horse, the best horse we have  :rofl2:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

gonzo

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '05
  • Climb Baby Climb!
    • View Profile
    • My 8E6 runner
« Reply #3 on: Jun 20, 2005, 09:31:17 AM »
:smack: I don't have any pics of him but his name is Finnaghan, Finny for short. Rob, the boy that fell off, is fine. He's bragging that in the whole 4 years he's been here he has never fallen off, and of all the horses to fall off he fell off the beginner's horse, the best horse we have :rofl2:

I'm glad his pride is the only thing that's hurt.  I'm sure he will learn some thing from all that.

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #4 on: Jun 20, 2005, 09:34:22 AM »
I'm glad his pride is the only thing that's hurt.  I'm sure he will learn some thing from all that.

His pride wasn't hurt...if anything it just boosted it.  He's proud of falling off :rofl: and even more proud of jumping right back on all in a matter of like 3 seconds :rofl2:

gonzo

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '05
  • Climb Baby Climb!
    • View Profile
    • My 8E6 runner
« Reply #5 on: Jun 20, 2005, 09:36:39 AM »
His pride wasn't hurt...if anything it just boosted it. He's proud of falling off :rofl: and even more proud of jumping right back on all in a matter of like 3 seconds :rofl2:

That's good!  Who was watching him fall off?  That would be a big motivator to get back on right away.

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #6 on: Jun 20, 2005, 09:38:01 AM »
That's good!  Who was watching him fall off?  That would be a big motivator to get back on right away.

Nobody actually saw him fall...the motivation is that it was HIS horse that we were tryin to catch  :hammerhead:

gonzo

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '05
  • Climb Baby Climb!
    • View Profile
    • My 8E6 runner
« Reply #7 on: Jun 20, 2005, 09:44:32 AM »
Nobody actually saw him fall...the motivation is that it was HIS horse that we were tryin to catch :hammerhead:

Finny doesn't like Rob?  Maybe Finny was tired of hearing him brag all the time? Lol

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #8 on: Jun 20, 2005, 09:51:31 AM »
Finny doesn't like Rob?  Maybe Finny was tired of hearing him brag all the time? Lol

:rofl:

No we were right next to the rocket launches and he got spooked...finny and rob were made for each other :hahaha:

gonzo

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '05
  • Climb Baby Climb!
    • View Profile
    • My 8E6 runner
« Reply #9 on: Jun 20, 2005, 09:57:33 AM »
:rofl:

No we were right next to the rocket launches and he got spooked...finny and rob were made for each other :hahaha:

OMG Rob has four legs!!!!   :yikes:  j/k  I was wondering about those rockets.  I'm sure they sounded like a horse monster.

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #10 on: Jun 20, 2005, 10:16:44 AM »
They were pretty bad, but it was the only place to ride that was close to home :smack: